JackTheLing's Admin App

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
JackTheLing

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
JackTheLing ( IC Rebel Trouble)#6434

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
It honestly varies, one day I can fit 4 hours in then one day I have to log off during one round. Just know I will have no problem with connectivity

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
An active admin

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
To admin LRP. Probably wont ever step foot on MRP, probably

How long have you been playing SS13?:
5 years

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
and 8 or a 9

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Yes
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
TinyJoeLee, Freedreckless, Thechoosingone JackTheLing

Your strengths:
Can handle multiple tickets at a time

Your weaknesses:
Will not hesitate to ask for help at all. Probably will get annoying

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Dictators

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Honesty, it’s good for everyone

What makes a staff team good?:
Communication and coordination

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make the game playable and run smoothly for the majority

What kind of player are you?:
Robber, Combat Junkie

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Only my view of Beestation will change probably

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Probably talk to the clown and teleport the HoS’s gun back to his locker or back to HoS

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I’ll ask could I talk to the player, If I get permission I will talk to him. He’ll probably eat a month ban MINIMUM

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
IC issue, I’ve had similar situations

Sadly @Ruko decided to take a break but I would still like to hear “her?” opinion since she seems to be the most educated on my history at Hippie Station. Obviously would also like her vote to count

Also if I get to the “questions” part. I would like tricky ones along with grey area questions

1 Like

This is your fourth admin application in the past six months, holy shit.

First two were cringe and unbased

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: i support it but u got denied last time bc of ur lack of candor about hippie. (and that’s really not even my opinion that’s what Ruko said)

wouldn’t it be the bare minimum to address that…or

Your last application was denied due to old hippiestation drama IIRC.

You got anything new to add this time?

is that not what i just said

Would appreciate this answer.

This one too.

Ruko is a man, lmao

I’ll take the responsiblity of questions:

1. (MRP) The bartender ahelps, claiming security is shooting them for no reason. You check the game-mode, and find out it’s revs. After bwoinking the officer in question, he claims the bartender was refusing mindshields. Any actions taken?

2. (LRP) The HOP walks into the armoury to grab a laser gun due to the presence of a Blood Cult. The warden shoots them five seperate times with buckshot shells, killing them. Any actons taken?

3. (LRP) A man shoves the Captain and attempts to steal his ID. When shot with disabling beams, he toolboxes the captain to crit; the HOS comes in afterwards and beats the man to death. Any actions taken?

(MRP) The bartender ahelps, claiming security is shooting them for no reason. You check the game-mode, and find out it’s revs. After bwoinking the officer in question, he claims the bartender was refusing mindshields. Any actions taken?

I have no idea if this is a trick question but if the security team knows there is the presence of a revolutionary party they can attempt to mindshield the crew. Although if it is not widely know and this officer just decided to randomly mindshield the bartender this would be powergaming which is not ok under MRP rules. You are not allowed to preemptively search for antagonist like that. I would question him further with questions such as “why are you attempting to mindshield him”. Of course, if he saw the bartender randomly flashing people this would be ok. If the two above situations are not the case I would note him and let him know that preemptively searching for revolutions without prior cause for suspicion is powergaming

(LRP) The HOP walks into the armory to grab a laser gun due to the presence of a Blood Cult. The warden shoots them five separate times with buckshot shells, killing them. Any actions taken?

This is an extreme grey area since HoP is not exempt from conversion and it is possible for him to have been a cultist. The rules also say high-risk areas such as AI’s upload and Armory can be escalated to lethal force immediately because of the risk they have. Warden is not permitted to allow anyone into the armory besides HoS and sometimes Captain. Unless HoP had gotten permission from HoS or Captain I would rule it as an IC issue. Even if he had permission it is also a grey area because no one took the time to tell Warden

(LRP) A man shoves the Captain and attempts to steal his ID. When shot with disabling beams, he toolboxes the captain to crit; the HOS comes in afterward and beats the man to death. Any actions taken?

IC issue on HoS’s part. Wrongful escalation on the assistant’s part (IF HE WAS NOT AN ANTAG). If he was trying to steal Captain’s ID then killed Captain when he responded non-lethally the assistant is at fault here. Killing Captain in this situation would make HoS’s actions ok. I would revive Captain. Taking the assistant’s notes into account I will take action which would be a short ban or a note. I will however make it VERY clear that escalation doesn’t work like that. (also didn’t we cut down on what is acceptable to steal without proper escalation?)

I was completely honest about my history at Hippie Station. I have no idea why Ruko put what he put at the end of my application. It did tick me off a little since it was completely false. 100% and I have evidence to back that up.

https://i.imgur.com/8FBPqEL.png
https://i.imgur.com/hX23fUv.png
https://i.imgur.com/dhBCUSU.png
https://i.imgur.com/Fjbyg61.png

If I had to take a guess, the admins believe the majority without evidence over me with evidence. Who the hell told him I didn’t step down quietly seriously, I was so confused and that’s not even me being dramatic

EDIT: I hate making private situations public especially delicate ones like this one but it seems warranted. I doubt the head-admin would care. Also the reason his account is deleted is because a situation back when I was REapplying for admin, his account was stolen by one of our coders, Karma I believe

3 Likes

Everybody deserves a second chance.; that’s how I became admin. I don’t care about your past, only that you want to help.+1 from me.

T: +1

My opinion has not changed. +2 from me for exact same reasons as last time.

Every single pearson on hippie station is known for being a pathological lier,i wouldnt believe anything that current admins there say.

Yes admin jack now maybe idk

-1 from me (if mentors could vote) due to unsure feelings about the guy. Extremely severe tiding to the point of self antag and disrupting the flow of the round, but then immediately next round turned about and fought against the tide for some reason.

Extremely severe tiding to the point of self antag and disrupting the flow of the round, but then immediately next round turned about and fought against the tide for some reason.

and whats exactly is wrong with it?
also tiding is allowed on lrp

1 Like

I literally left the admin team without a peep. What does everyone not understand about that statement?

There is evidence that’s still here. Who is telling people otherwise? That ban appeal that Ruko quoted is a completely different situation. All this happened a year ago and I’ve explained my time on the admin team at Hippie Station vividly with pictures and nothing but the truth. My grasp of the rules has been shown by my answering of questions and the only thing holding me back is my history from the now-dead Hippie Station from a year ago

Anybody can ask me a question about Hippie Station and I will answer it with honesty as I’ve attempted.

3 Likes

my bad COMMENT WITHDRAWN

Your repeated grabs for power are going to be met with the same response from me every time after the last application.

Your past conduct and attempting to sweep over things like they never happened or like you are entirely not at fault… Your extremely boastful nature of how good an admin you were when you never got past trial and also had all subsequent applications denied that I can find (yet one clearly references you getting admin and being forcefully kicked from the team)… You border on narcissistic and are beyond untrustworthy with power.

I would Veto this but I am currently without the ability to and expect to be chewed out for making this reply

Please quote me where they were told they simply needed to act better for a bit and it would be accepted. The closest I see is where Kasual closed the second application and the weight of his words were much more than simply asking him to do better.

There have been no such changes or shows of good faith with your last application sealing you as someone who tries to misdirect people away from the truth of the matter, as you’re continuing to do here.

References:

Your “peaceful” departure from hippie
https://forums.hippiestation.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1873

Your denied admin applications from hippie, with a few quotes to back up your very boastful claims about how good of an admin you were.

https://forums.hippiestation.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1307
https://forums.hippiestation.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1515

3 Likes

Counterpoint:

T: +3

Also, Ruko, it’s definitely been about a year now. Can you not just let bygones be bygones? Hippiestation was never the best station, and all people deserve to be given a chance before they’re tossed out. Caecilius gave me a chance; give Jack a chance.

2 Likes