JackTheLing's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): JackTheLing, TinyJoeLee, Freedreckless, Thechoosingone

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
JackTheLing (IC Rebel Trouble)

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
EST. I am always on when there is no admins, sadly actually. I’ve seen admins not come on for hours while Captain is murdering people at will, Assistants are stealing valuable items and the antags are sitting back and waiting for them to kill eachother.

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I’m VERY good at handling multiple tickets. Emphasis on the VERY good. I have proven this multiple times during my adminship at hippiestation

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
There are hardly any admins on at crucial times and it gets repetitive after a while honestly.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since 2016
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Not very long I’m guessing. I first connected 1-3 months ago I’m guessing? The reason why I decided to apply for admin despite my low playtime is because there are never any admins on when I’m playing, I already got a good gist of the rules and I already have the admin commands down packed to a T. So I hope my lack of playtime wont be a problem. Even if it is I fully plan on playing for a while because I like the extremely fast-paced and on edge vibe of Golden

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
AS stated above, I’ve been an admin on hippie-station. That unfortunately ended because an admin had it out for me. This was during a time where he was the lead head-admin and after he quit he even said people decided to let him do what he want after a while in fear of him. So de-admining me was really nothing.The reason he had it out for me was because we used to go at it in 2016-2017 when I used to main HoS and ruin his traitor rounds. Not even joking even the admins I was friends with on hippie said there was nothing they can do about it even though it was evident.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: TinyJoeLee, Thechoosingone, Freedreckless. They’re rarely used

Your strengths:
Handling multiple tickets by myself

Your weaknesses:
I will not hesitate at all to to ask for advice from my fellow admins. I hate messing up rulings because it means I am fucking over the player also so if I’m stuck I will attempt to ask for help

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Nothing really I guess

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Fairness. I think this might be the only thing that can make a below average admin seem like a good admin.

What makes a staff team good?:
Communication easily

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make the game smooth, fun and playable for the playerbase

What kind of player are you?:
I like to mess around a lot. As in messing with security and command. Nothing too serious cause I always get arrested in the end anyways but I wouldn’t think about adminbussing security or command, or anything for that matter so that’s out the question if I become an admin. Even when I became a full admin on hippiestation which are allowed to adminbus and run small events, I neglected to use that privilege

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Not at all, in my opinion I’m already a good admin

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Teleport the gun back into the HoS’s locker and talk to the clown. I’ll note it and tell him that he’s not allowed to do that. Since its minor a ban wont be necessary unless something in his notes or watch-list shows me otherwise

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ask the admin if I can bwoink the player while he cleans up, after all it is his ticket and he might still want to/be able to handle it while clearing the air. If I get permission I will bwoink the player and ask him for the reasons he flooded plasma. Taking into account his notes, history and reasoning I will apply a fitting ban

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Accidents happen I would probably still note it while emphasizing on the fact that it was an accident.

I often play on toolbox station where I’ve seen Jack several times, usually with him being an assistant and him greytiding, which he is quite skilled at while also staying on the good side of the rules - which goes to show some of his good points - He is skilled at the game enough to answer most questions of newbies if the mentors are slacking / nonexistant as well as know how core and some obscure mechanics work - which is awfully important when you are an administrator, you have to say - and while yes, he can be a bit wild, he still remembers the darn rules and doesn’t cross the line. Would reccomend
tl;dr skilled guy, would make a good admin, I reccomend

Going to see what others have to say before casting my vote.

After seeing that the general consensus is that your hours are FAR too low, I’m changing my vote.

I see you only have 15 hours with bee. Regardless of experience on other servers, our code and rules are different. You have no history that we can look at and see what kind of player you are and how rules are handled.

If you have other servers that can give us a very good vouch then I may be inclined to really give the application a look, but it would have to be an especially good vouch.

You need far more time on the server.

Hi Jack, I’ve just checked out your player time and history and to say the very least, you only have 15 hours overall on our server.

I’ll have to -2 the application for multiple factors.

Deadmined from hippie (Hippie, really…)
15 hours on the server

The above and below pictures are of a GM and I believe former headmin of HippieStation, obviously where I used to be an admin. He has seen me in action and was the one that vouched for me to become an admin on Hippiestation in the first place. He has been around for a while in the admin-team even before I was a MENTOR on Hippiestation. What he is giving is an honest assessment since he is not really the one to favor someone. I can easily adjust to the rules if you guys give me a fighting chance. I feel like I already have a good grip of the rules and understanding the rules and overall thought process that went into the rules
Also I wouldn’t say I’m slow on handling tickets I would say I like to really be careful not to fuck up since as I said, an admin fucking up is also messing with a player’s round.

Also ignore his profile picture on the top one, Its a joke picture >.>
If you want proof that it really is the person in the bottom picture I can get it for you

Also I neglected to mention I was deadminned AFTER the admin I was talking about became lead headmin. I got accepted as an admin and RESIGNED a week later because the admin I was talking about was thinking about demoting me because I SAID I wanted to play music. Which is allowed and many admins on hippiestation do it. Then reapplied and got denied by said admin. I consider it a demotion even though I had not become a full admin that time.

code is tg code the basics and advanced are same except for some minor shit so that time doesn’t matter there also hes top 4 most robust players on hippie (atleast the recent greytider powergamers)
which includes being knowledgable of rules which aren’t super different from bee

Danm it. One of the few thing I was still unsure about was the trialing system which I hoped would be like hippie station. On hippie if you were applying for admin you were able to ask to be trialed and show your skills in front of a Game Master or Headadmin. Shortly after making this I learned that you have to get accepted first to get trialed. Sadly I do not know any other way to prove that my time here is not a reflection of my ability to admin and adjust accordingly without showing you that I can excel as a trialmin. Even with the vouch the fact remains that no one here has seen me admin before and even though I’ve been playing since 2016 people (reasonably) only see my 15h on bee

Because we barely know you.

Best way to get accepted for trial is to play the game without breaking the rules to show an understanding of them. Be active and helpful where you can be outside of the game (Discord/forums) and outside experience might help push the application through when/if you re-apply.

Your 2 applications on Hippie after being deadminned

https://forums.hippiestation.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1307
https://forums.hippiestation.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1515

As it stands, it seems like you’re here only because you couldn’t get your staff back on Hippie. Invest more time and engage with the community. Get your name out there. Also, there’s enough stuff in those threads to invalidate the vouch.

Denied.