What features do you consider as a straight up detriment to the game?

Soapstone from curator

I strongly suggest you add ways to improve the aspekts you dislike or changes youd like to see/make.
This makes waht youre saying less like a complaining and more constructive to the overall topic

1 Like

we should remove dorms ngl

4 Likes

very hot take. current antag (traitor) system is the root cause of many antag and sec related issues.
by tot antag system i mean the objectives. both what you get how you get them and how many you get
the tc’s, and the very destinction of what a tot is
disclamer im dunking on the system itself tots and sec that prepetuate are not at fault and usually the victums of said system… exept certain murderbone antags and megalomaniacal sec but those are rare

to keep it on the short.
the objectives… a relic from tg. giving tots 2 grand crime objectives basically encorages tots to prepare the grand assault most of the shift and then execute the plan. resulting in either a lategame tot that goes balicist. a stealth antag that no one noticed all shift and a tot that got caught durring prep and risks getting removed early usually while keeping interaction with the crew to the minium outside of asking for a thingy or murdering someone.
if you hate greenshifts or stealttags or long early to mid downtime there’s one of your problems

the sec side of objectives… its no suprise that. having several antags about with grand crime incentives while the rest of the crew is basically expected to never commit a crime… sec quickly just concentrates on the tots trying to find em faster ignoring lesser crimes. both due to and making sec feeling bored. resulting in the widey hated fact that sec finding tots will go balistic on them. so in return tots go balistic on sec. and boom we have a nucklear armsrace to see who can remove the other… with tots that dont paticapate just going stealth.

the greentext - tots and sec use it as the designator of succsess. making tots go in the all or nothing mindset. i will either do all jobs or loose. a terrible mindset for an openended “rp” game
some choose to straight up ignore it. and when one of your systems is actively ignored you know there’s an issue.
and then sec uses it as a score for themselves. the more redtexts the better they did a logical conclusion to sec’s midset of a gmod “good guy” group and not what they where meant to be… a police force.
also tc’s further encorage the all or nothing midset for tots by telling them… you will loose all that you bought if you get caught so… dont get caught even if its a minor infraction or dont buy much

the structure of tots in relation to an avrage shift… so we have a small group of tots spawned in a shift… and alongside midround events they are suposed to be the stars of the show. the rest of the crew must either wait for them to do something or make their own fun in basically extended. even if the above issues where not taken into account. putting the entire shift’s conflict in the hands of 6 or so antags. the risk of them doing little to nothing most of the shift and or one of them doing something all on thier own only to get stomped by sec because as far as sec is concerned they are the only antag around at the moment is very real and occurs commonly

4 Likes

Every gamemode that isn’t dynamic.

5 Likes

I want progressive tot so badly…

2 Likes

i have posted an idea on the forums how we could overhaul it into something less gamey
in short the core ideas where alongside other smaller things to make it all mesh better

implement a contract like system for all tots allowing them to pick their own objectives. that reward them with tc’s
-with individual objectives starting with smaller crimes. to medium severity and later on major stuff including the objectives we already have and some others on the list
-add “decenders” nonantag players with some smaller antag objectives. they dont get tc’s nor are they allwowed per rules to commint grand crimes.
-and a bribery system to allow tots to both interact with the crew in ways other than murder and. take some pressure off antags by allowing them to semi reliably get at least some assistance
*bribes have limitations simular to the decenders

Idea being. 1 get antags to to chill by removing the all or nothing mentailtiy… and give them more freedom and divercity
2 get sec to chill and act like a real police force by both de escalating and diversifying the antags around them while giving them more intel to handle it properly
3 get antag/sec to interact more with the crew.

3 Likes

currently this happens so infrequently that I honestly can’t recall the last time someone did that. Xenobio has been power gaming less and less, as well as having less players lately as well. Xenobio almost never does mob spam now, even when they really should for discovery points.

3 Likes

Personally, the only thing i think is a REAL detriment with no real potential to fix it is Discovery Points. If a miner simply doesnt scan anything, and no one knows how to make a maxcap, then fuck you. You cant research anything because OTHER people didnt do their jobs. And honestly, you can make a max cap but it only gets you so far. you NEED miners to scan shit, but miners are miners and enough of them dont interact with the station or care about its problems.

The rest of the stuff in this threat i could honestly go on about but eh

1 Like

As a avid paramed main…
Portable crew monitors!
I love then, they are so convenient, and just to good.

I am always able to have it open, quickly stabelize and often fully ( remeber that first aid kits have the most powerfull healing items for some reason)
And run to the next person that needs help.

I like the concept, but they are just to good
I dont want them gone, but maybe restrict them to consoles and laptops…?
That way senor lists being stationary or comming with a speed debuff would feel like a good payoff.
( also stops non medbay staff grabbing them roundstart all the time)

1 Like

It would be cool to have Parameds being properly dispatched from medbay rather than have them be completely independent with the portable crew monitor. Back when I played CMO, I never took parameds seriously as most of them would only be there for the maint access or would never talk to the medbay team.

3 Likes

Considering Sage is currently set to 24/7 dynamic for testing, your woes will end soon.

1 Like

Transformation ling stings. Because permanently looking and sounding like a different character unwillingly is good arr pee. Xenobio can half assed fix you and that’s if they aren’t powergaming something. Maybe if it had a cool down and you transform after a short while, but now it’s used by shitters.

2 Likes

Ah yes now thats why we have less sec playing when its dynamic.

preformance wise ive heard mining eats a lot of server resources for the sake of at absolute MOST
3 miners a few syndies and a small tribe of offbrand lizards… and usually it’ll be 1-3 people

Im not saying remove mining… but we should probably stuff any offstation content there or at least a subarea rather than just building 60 ruins in space

1 Like

This entire goddamn forum

9 Likes

Lots of people think exploration should be removed and Lavaland expanded.

Im all for merging them, ship salvage and astroid mining sounds actually quite nice

4 Likes

why would you want to remove runechat aside from new players not looking at chat