What features do you consider as a straight up detriment to the game?

Abductors, Revolutionaries, Ninja prison and related objective

2 Likes

Felinids

1515ā€¦

6 Likes

Ore Silo
Protolathes
Mini chem dispenser
Virology
Genetics (salvageable)
Xenobiology (salvageable)
People who lurk in the community and steer conversations without being an active player.

9 Likes

Preferences ā†’ Text on map or something like that

1 Like

I would never

15charrule

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if I would go so far as to say it is a detriment, but the science department is pretty bad overall.

• Xenobio - Powergame fortress, not much to be said here.
  • Genetics - Just dumb overall, the average geneticist hands out injectors that are anti-fun and trivialize the game like thermal vision and space adaptation.
  • Toxins - Actually good, requires some skill and benefits players whether by research or maxcaps.
  • Nanites - Okay, it can be quite potent but requires knowhow and setup, can be sabotaged easily
  • Robotics - Decent but the fact mechs just get fucked by shit that is in the armory round start sucks
  • Exploration Crew - Has potential to be good

Almost all of their jobs donā€™t require them to ever leave the department, so for the rest of the crew they essentially exist to research parts. Which they donā€™t do a good percentage of the time.

letā€™s remove science and mining. then weā€™ll have the ideal beestation

i think we should remove sage and just have acacia

4 Likes

Xenobio

This one I can see why people hate it so much. but I rarely see it used for combat/validhunting anymore. I mainly see bluespace crossbreeds (rainbow rune) being used. and other than that its the occasional mob sentience. Xenobio is really good for bringing dead players back into the game (sentience potions and golems). It does have a lot of powergaming stuff, which should probably be culled.

genetics

I mainly donā€™t like this one. I feel like it is just a power game job. I also donā€™t know how to fix it either sooā€¦

mining

eh. I know the arguments for this one. the isolation, the powergaming gear. But iā€™d say this job isnt a big detriment to the game. I think its fine, and it is a good beginners/veteran job for people to play.

virology

yeah I see why people hate this job. it certainly needs to be reworked completely. Maybe make the ā€œdisease controlā€ more of an aspect of it to further incorporate it with the whole station. But I find it fun to learn, another good job for people getting into the game iā€™d say.

R&D

ah. R&D. one of the core departments of the game. I find it to be in an okay spot in the game, though it still has a lot of powergame stuff to it.

text above player character (runetext)

you gotta be a troll. runetext is very very useful, and in my experience, improved the game greatly.

detective job and its antagdom

I wont comment on this, as I refuse to play security.

Bruh youā€™ve got to be joking. There are probably like 50+ scientists that spam sentient mobs as soon as threats on the station show up.

1 Like

Rā€¦ Ruko isnā€™t that you.

1 Like

4 Likes

I cry, i love virology and its my favorite rolento RP with people and discuss the pros/cons of my sickness magic in game with other members of the station

suit sensors are bad

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be happy to hear there is an active bounty to nerf them @Halinder

Theyā€™re already been nerfed to update every 60 seconds

2 Likes

So basically you hate almost everything that actually makes playing on a tgcode station different from, say, Goonstation?

2 Likes

Yep, and they already do a good job tbh, iā€™m still on the wagon that insists is too much but alas, three minutes itā€™s an overkill, 60 seconds works fine and lets paramedics do their job

1 Like

I donā€™t see how even having no sensors at all makes it harder to do their job of being a first responder when someone calls for medical assistance.

Or did you mean their job is to intercept antags mid or immediately after fights :clown_face:

Xenobio, self empowerment, doesnt really need you to interact with others, an single player game.

Genetics, they sometimes give out good genes, sometimes they just keep it to themselves, self empowerment

Mining lavaland, an location full of ghost roles that do not get much use, and seem redundant, beach bums, are used for players to get back into the round, syndicate outpost is used for an unofficial deathmatch match, just the comms agent is worthwhile for rp, the rest of the ghost roles seem intended for new people to learn various ingame system like botany, science, bombs( syndicate outpost) but they are just looted by miners like all lavaland loot, lavaland is full of powerful shit, extreme griefing potential, miners dont interact much with the crew and its honestly a coin flip when you have to assassinate a miner, either they have rolled all the fauna and have to kill them with their op shit, or they died, self empowerment, single player game

Virology, oh what fun is to make your virus, spread it to everyone and die, they can either kill you, or make you near unkillable, self empowerment.

R&D iets only do research until we can max out xenobio, oh we are also super reliant on miners who decided to kil murder hobo on megafauna. :cry:

Dont like runechat, dont think it should be removed, just hate it

Detective oh that stinky pile,
Hurr durr me investigate crime scenes.
Hurr durr there are no crime scenes because of all the stealth antags.
Hurr durr I have little to no hour requirements and so I can play as a new player
Hurr durr I have a gun and can always print bullets to overescalate
Hurr durr look at me I am shooting this clown for existing,
Hurr durr an clown stole my gun because I am a loose cannon who does not listen to common sense and walked with my gun out.
Hurr durr look at me I am validhunting despite sec existing
Hurr durr I am able to roll antag and so people have to wonder if I am self antaging, a syndicate or just someone newly employed
Hurr durr look at medbay refusing to heal my liver failuare for the 28642th time, so anyway I started blasting.
Hurr durr when I am actually needed I am in medbay getting my lung cancer treated.
Hurr durr I am the only sec and I roll antag
Hurr durr I am one of the few sec roles who has a lethal firearm for no reason other haha, noir cool.
Hurr durr, I am not actually needed if sec has forensic scanner
Hurr durr people dont trust me because I roll antag and the other times that I dont, I create more than half the crime scenes haha.
I dont see a point in the role when 50% its traitor and the other is plain incompetence, I dont like the idea of this loose cannon guy with a lethal firearm, we give him a gun and tell him not to use it?
Its pretty stupid

Botany has some good death mixes, and some good healing mixes, self empowerment.

Nanites is like viro, only you get it by hopping into it.