What features do you consider as a straight up detriment to the game?

what features do you think are outright negative features and the game would be improved they were straight up removed?

personally I believe most crossbreeds to be horrible, mostly the ones which have combat uses as they are mostly used to validhunt or instakill targets in boring ways

virology is also something I dislike as 99% of the “experimenting” can just be done in excel

3 Likes

Xenobio, genetics, mining, virology, R&D, text above player character, detective as a whole or just the ability for him to be antag

2 Likes

Virology 100% (Literally just exists so that people who know virocode can be unstoppable and kill everyone)
Xenobiology 80%
Genetics 50% (Needs some reworking)
Botany 40% (Annoying to play since you have to babysit plants 24/7, has access to instakill death plants)

12 Likes

I forgot to mention botany thanks.

The entirety of the ‘revolution’ game mode.

15 Likes

Sleepy pens. They’re cheap, they’re silent, they come with mute toxin for some reason, they inject all their contents instantly and they can be refilled.
Compare them to the Poisoned Combat Knife which costs 3 TC more and doesn’t come loaded with any chemicals.

2 Likes

Might as well mention common radio and loud voice,

Loud voice almost never is used for its intended purpose than hurr durr big text, and the big text is not ised for high priority stuff other than “oh look at me Im a head of staff/clown” I think megaphones should also be removed or just have them for heads of staff(I still think all loud voices shouldn’t exist.if you have something to announce, do it via a console.)

Please tell me you’re trolling when you say that you dislike runechat.

6 Likes

I will disable it for myself once I find out how.

runechat has caused irreparable damage to new players

5 Likes

shaft miners

15 characters

2 Likes

Maints pills.
It doesn’t make roleplay sense for anyone to take them.
Either nothing happens, you die, or you get some weird, random transformation that lets you powergame being a morph or a Xeno for the rest of the shift.

9 Likes

Security. ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

4 Likes

Seconding what bacon said, but right now I’d also add R&D due to how much of an outdated mess it is, that and the Ore silo, for single-handedly just making a QoL item that made everyone lazy really.

powergaming miners ( even as antag) or antags in general who kill all sec then complain abotu a boring round

8 Likes

Joke roles like clowns and mimes

For every 10 clowns, you get a good one 1 times out of 10

Just the whole game honestly.

Nah I don’t really believe that many things need to be outright removed from the game. The mentality of improve don’t remove is strong with me. Some gamemodes however are pretty awful imo.
The only thing I would want improved is xenos since I really think it’s annoying game mode.

I wouldn’t even change much. Just put a limiter on how many Queens there can be since rounds can be prolonged. I remember seeing a round with like 4 queens or something and after the second you’re just like -_-

5 Likes

let’s remove talking from the game it would improve RP

10 Likes

I am actually of the opinion that the system of research and discovery points, along side the current equipment outfitting task of R&D are kinda suck.

Why are they called Research and Discovery points if we Already know what the line of reseach will unlock/yield.

The jobs of Research and development should be focused around some form of anomalous thing that the station is placed in orbit around to specifically exploit for scientific purposes.

Be that a form of old, derelict station/ship with technology that NT doesn’t understand/cannot currently re-create, some crazy creature that eats rocks and shits plasma or in general ANYTHING with a massive puzzlebox worth of randomization/variation to confuse and scare the so-called eggheads on station.

11 Likes