What features do you consider as a straight up detriment to the game?

Lock runechat behind 100 ig hours :rofl:

Exploration crew can also scan shit.

4 Likes

If youā€™re gonna argue for hours about personnal grudges you hold against each others, then take it somewhere private please.

6 Likes

Seems other servers do it but why not just have the station on the planet and have the miners mine around the station?

The baiter got the baitā€¦

Is the ā€˜ā€˜progressive traitorā€™ā€™ the one where they can select different objectives for different rewards? Like ā€˜ā€˜place a bug on X officeā€™ā€™ ā€˜ā€˜hold the hypospray for X minutesā€™ā€™? @Not_a_Shark Iā€™ve seen a couple of videos from /tg/ ss13 videos and it has potential, though at the same time i donā€™t know how bad it can get in terms of how much TC they can get or if they just select certain missions and ignore any gimmicks, i remember someone said a similar feedback when i suggested it

Iā€™d also like for that ā€˜ā€˜factionā€™ā€™ system to be introduced since it gives a little more flavour and /tg/ traitor antag panel is very new-player friendly explaining a lot.

A lot of the detrimental things that are mentioned here are too ā€˜ā€˜coreā€™ā€™ for our current gameplay, like R&D, we should need a big overhaul and sadly we lack the man-power compared to other servers, unless someone is our Oil prince and start offering bounties, but yeah the classic virology, xenobio, mining, genetics

In any case, about Suit sensors iā€™m still fond of the idea Bacon suggested that they can get damaged and destroyed (i believe currently the only way for your sensors to be destroyed is your clothes burning and repeated empā€™s) it would makese sense if you get shot or stabbed on chest repeatedly with no armor protections theyā€™re gonna fail, if we also include Ruko suggestions of T-coms down = sensors down itā€™ll be a fair balance compared to straight up removing them, considerng we already have 60 seconds of refresh of monitor position.

Iā€™ll probably type some more detail input on the departments later

Rip phil smith thread

1 Like

I definitely donā€™t think suit sensors are a total detriment, but I do think 60 seconds is barely enough time to actually have a fight without someone watching sensors catching on to the fight in progress unless youā€™re aiming to end the fight as fast as possible via stuns or otherwise.

I was being really snarky with how I put it, but I do feel very strongly that suit sensors shouldnā€™t alert anyone of a fight actively happening at that moment and that paramedics and sec shouldnā€™t be using monitors to rush to fights in progress (especially paramedics. Sec should, but only if theyā€™re alerted by communications, not because they swiped a monitor from medbay). I do like the breaking of jumpsuits via fights that involve sharp objects too, but Iā€™m pretty firm on believing 60 seconds wasnā€™t enough as well.

I have 2 quick and not thought out suggestions:

1. Get rid of the tracking mode and instead make the sensors only show the location after someoneā€™s death as an emergency beacon
  2. Make splashing water on someone disable their tracker for a while couse idk the radio signal canā€™t penetrate the water or something

someone who started as Miner and LOVES mining (when I roll it, the station needs its SEC) along with the fun off station messyness of explo, turning mining into a general resourcing and salvage crew sounds like real fun.

Make mining the shiptest of beestation

If we had this how would traitors hide their targetā€™s body without it being found right after

Maybe if it only showed you the last location they were alive, but not where after, like their sensors short circuited.

I mean you could always just take the suit off / turn the sensors off completely like you would normally do

Or maybe after death it takes some time before an emergency signal is sent out, with the location of their death, like 2 mins and then that that, no constant update on the location, just the place they were when that timer counted to 0, if you dosable the sensors or take their jumpsuit off, no signal will be sent.

I mean you canā€™t do that if their location has already been revealedā€¦

a good feature to remove would be atmos

1 Like

How is that diffrent to the current sensors which broadcast the location even before death? Like i genuinely donā€™t get what youā€™re being so worried about when the thing i suggested was 1.

And 2. A straight downgrade

Yes, and the objectives gradually increase in damage/intensity as the antagonists points (reputation) builds up. From simple steal/kill pet objectives, to destroy/bug high value item objectives, to behead/assassinate and leave a calling card, to end the round.

You pick up to two objectives at a time, and picking stealthier objectives is usually more detrimental to the more damaging/chaotic objectives that you can usually chain. As for the TC, it gradually builds up with the objectives, going from 0-1 TC to 3-4 TC as the objectives build. Equipment required to do certain objectives (blow up a weakpoint, bug area/item, etc) are given for free for objective completion purposes. Dropping said objective usually takes away TC.

The antag panel is across all of them, donā€™t worry. As for the factions, theyā€™re explicitly a suggestion that you follow at will since locking items behind specific factions was kind of bad and got removed.

1 Like

A remimder to you and everyone that complains about suit sensors;
You do realise that you can just disable them before murdering someone, right? Either with EMP just before you do it, or manually. Turning someoneā€™s suit sensors manually wonā€™t alert your target of your action, as long as it doesnā€™t fail, just like pickpocketing

3 Likes

Just EMP it bro