The Second Maggot Guy Admin Application //DENIED//

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

I wanted to test his game knowledge along with a follow up question that is more “admin” in response

If he cryo-ed without telling anyone (including admin) and after giving captainship to an assistant instead of a head yeah he’s getting a note. Leaving the round as cap without telling anyone affects the round in a big way, especially if you give it to a random assistant. Not following chain of command when leaving may not be worth a note but all that combined certainly is, and I’d include the name of the assistant so that if they do something else funky together later admins will be aware of possible meta-something. “Wordlessly left the round as cap (didn’t even tell admin) and gave captainship to a random assistant named (name), (ckey).”

not sure what you’re saying here. There’s usually at least some ammount of friction when there’s a new cap and as long as the arrestors actually try to solve the problem just an arrest isn’t a big deal. Also unless there’s already a specific head, promoting someone in that department to head isn’t a super big deal; as far as I’m aware there’s no ruling against it. If the new cap accidentally promotes a possible tator I’d argue that in this instance it’s on old cap for not vetting his replacement to choose someone with a larger view of the round.

This is bogus. Even on LRP you’re only hard valid if you go into the armory itself, you can’t just shoot to kill anyone who walks into brig, and you especially don’t take people out of the round after they die, on any server, unless they are 100% confirmed antag and trying to kill everyone. As HoS you’re absolutely supposed to finesse situations, not brute force them, especially on MRP when you are one of 2 forces (admins and sec) that can actually solve problems for people. You can’t just wordlessly kill on mrp like that especially if New Cap anounced he wanted to talk over comms (and if he didn’t that’s still on old cap for not vetting new guy). 1 week job ban from sec if no prior shitsec behavior. Yeah there’s a good chance a random guy with aa and cap gear is antag but you don’t get to just assume that on either server, and there are various tells, like how tiders tend to wear a mish-mash of clothes and legitimate authorities tend to wear the full set and nothing else different. Especially with removing him from the round it might warrant a longer ban but with no prior notes I think 1 week is enough to say “You do not do this”. Obviously I’d ping him to get his reasoning but removing someone from the round wordlessly, especially as the most important person besides cap, is not ok.

“Wordlessly killed someone who walked into brig in cap gear and destroyed the body. Even on LRP you’re supposed to arrest people first, and this is MRP. Take a week to think about what you’ve done.”

I may try to revive the new cap (though I’m not super sure how to do that with the admin panel) since removing even a bad cap illegitimately has a big effect on the round, and he was trying to do his job, even if not well.

I saw this one!

so far so good

not super good leaving brig as warden but understandable due to probably being the only sec, and obviously not worthy of acting against. (Also I forget the specifics of the actual report/appeal so I’m going to answer this as if it exists in a vacuum)

seems about average

says to me assistant was trying to protect himself from the warden and treat him, but also didn’t want to go against a fully armed traitor. If he wasn’t just helping himself to the open armory as well, that kind of implies good intentions, or at least not necessarily bad ones. (I say protect himself from the warden because there are people who will go “I make spaceman horizontal” even if that spaceman just saved their lives)

yeah antags will do that. assistant had no way of reading the antag’s mind though (unless they were metacomming) and resultantly shouldn’t be punished. since warden presumably would have ahelped (I mean he made a controversial player report) I would explain this and also suggest to the assistant that if he has the time he should go back and revive the warden if it’s safe. far as I’m concerned nobody broke any rules, and not everyone is going to go out of their way to help other people, especially at risk to themselves, nor should they be forced to. But I would like to promote a less self-absorbed playstyle on lrp which is why I’d advise that. If warden goes and arrests the assistant afterwards I might bwoink him with “don’t be a dick, he just saved your life”.

No rules broken (on LRP) and I don’t know what buttons to push in the admin tools to investigate, but that’s what the training is for, right? On LRP it would be fine, not only because sec is a big enemy especally on gang/rev type rounds, but because revs are literally supposed to overthrow the establishment as part of their goals.

The rule essentially saying you have to go quiet against sec on MRP (like you can’t bomb them) is a rule I disagree with and one of several reasons I play on (and hopefully will be admining on) LRP. I get that you shouldn’t bomb medbay or science (in general) and that on MRP there are understandably rules against that, but Sec is Sec. Just like there are exceptions for clowns and mimes in the naming policy due to them being special cases, I think there needs to be an exception for sec in the antag policy as well, and I don’t think the current exception goes far enough. I mean, why leave powerful bombs and explosives and shit in the game if literally only nukies or people with a hijack objective get to use them, even against sec? “Yeah I know there’s this thing called a syndicate bomb but if you use it against anything but telecomms you’re getting banned”. Hell if you can blow up the supermatter I don’t see what the problem with blowing up the brig is.

TL;DR, the rule against it on MRP is one of the reasons why I play on LRP, and since I disagree with that rule I wouldn’t be qualified to enforce it (on MRP).

(TL;DR for my reasoning is that “why include syndie bombs and the like if you can’t even use them even against anyone, even sec” and “literally they are revolutionaries trying to overthrow the establishment and totally and entirely wipe out the establishment so banning someone for following that is contradictory” and “Just like clown and mime get exceptions due to being a special case for the naming policy, sec needs to have more exceptions due to being a special case for antags”.)

That’s fair, but check any player reports made by any admin and you’ll see someone getting salty, but still begrudgingly accepting the outcome, so it’s not like I’m the only one who does this. And as I said before I’m much better with that when it doesn’t involve me directly.

because they coded fingerguns to damage mimes, which is funny.

if someone fuckin abuses that to kill the mime that would be pretty funny but also self-antag, and I’d revive the mime and tell the killer not to do it again, with a note. “Killed mime with fingergun emote, was told not to do it again.” (Unless the guy actually was an antag in which case that is a wildly based way to kill someone.)

edit: lmao is this actually longer than the actual application itself?? haha

1 Like

On old cap for not vetting his replacement better unless there was like an IRL emergency or something. If you just appoint the first guy to walk up to you as you’re leaving and he ends up bad, that’s on you. Long as all that happens with the new heads is an arrest and they try to figure out what’s going on it’s fine on sec’s end, and as I said before, long as you don’t try to replace an existing head I’m not aware of any rulings against making appointments.

First question is well answered.
Second one, there was a ruling made recently about that very situation so you got it wrong.
Third one is actually where I disagree with you - you are allowed to bomb brig as revolutionary if you ensure there are no fellow revs inside.

Overall good answers, going with +1
T: -2

1 Like

thanks. what’s the ruling?

Nice effort +1 as i said

Might change my score, just answer these questions please:

1. Non-antag clown is gifted a clown car by a traitor. Clown manages to kidnap the HOP, 2 officers and about 4 other assorted goodies. He proceeds to yoink the traitor and then drive into the SM as a “glorious sacrifice for the station”. What do?

2. A sentient xenobio carp goes on a rampage, killing about 4 people and injuring many more, dying after accidentally biting a plasma canister. During all this, he screams the words “gaming”. What do?

3. I accidentally shoot you with a disabler. What do?

These all take place on LRP, apart from the 3rd one.

extremely based and funny as shit but I’d bwoink him before hand (when I saw him going to engie) to say “you better not drive that into the SM” and if he does he gets a 1 day ban. Sad but obviously a lot of people would be angered by this and it’s against the rules. “Was given a clown car by tator (as non antag), kidnapped 8 people, and drove it into the SM, killing all of them including the HoP and said tator. Funny, but you can’t just kill 8 people as non antag.”

depends on if he’s doing it on his own or his master said to. If master is non-antag and he gave orders to kill I’m hitting master with a bean equal to if he’d done it personally. If master gave bad/low quality instructions but didn’t intend on death happened maybe a short 1 day job ban would be good.

If the carp killed under no orders to do so or especially if he killed under orders NOT TO KILL, he’s getting at least a 4 day ban from spawn jobs (length partially due to their rarity meaning a short ban would be ineffective) or a week ban (from spawners) for disobeying the direct order to not kill.

smite you with immovable rod and use admin control on the rod to destroy everyone and everything around you so you can’t be revived.

Probably nothing. I might say “x disablered me for no reason” just so people are aware (over general) but like that’s not really an actionable response? I mean if it were LRP and you were just randomly disablering people as non sec I might shove you and trash it but on MRP servers (NSV) I tend to keep my head down mainly due to not knowing the rules super well and not wanting to get banned.

But again if it’s literally just one random disabler shot I’d probably just say “wtf” and “xyz randomly disablered me” and then forget about it in 5 minutes

Going to change my -1 to a +1. I think you might have potential.

T: 0

EDIT:

New information has come to light. Re-instating my -1.

T: -2

math: 0-+1 = -1

-1-1=2

Okay, you want more detail?

You’re part of the less than savory in-crowd of people who find racism some high form of comedy.

You’re currently serving a two week ban from NSV because of that sort of behavior.

The reason for which should preclude you serving on any sort of advisory or moderation position as it shows an almost actively malicious view of certain players for unjustifiable reasons.

I reiterate my -2 with greater emphasis

ED:
Your rating sits at -2 again.

See my previous post, I’ve changed my mind regarding you, Maggot.

ClownCar mass murder as non antag on it’s own deserves more than a 1 day ban, and you are still giving him 1 day even after he ignored your warning about it. You need to be harsher.

Most of your answers are pretty meh, + the information posted above, I can’t drop anything else other than a -2
T:-4

Excuse me what the fuck?

This is false. I was banned for being way too LRP. Just because I fucking made ONE character in hundreds and hundreds of hours where I crossed the line ONCE by removing a fucking lizard’s appendix, and then tail after I realized it was non-harmful as “payment” for healing him doesn’t fucking make me racist IRL.

Saying “Ethereal master race” is a fucking joke.

Saying “Human Master Race” as AI is also a fucking joke.

Do I need to put a fucking /s after every little thing I say like it’s fucking reddit? I do not appreciate you throwing unfounded slurs at me like this.

I do NOT hate ANYONE for things about them that they cannot change, no matter what the hell that thing is, from a disability to their skin to who they fucking love.

And you, the admins can fucking check this by looking at my notes and shit because if I was actually like that surely it would’ve fucking come up more than once over the almost thousand hours I have here, right?

please check my response.

fair enough.

again, please check the response above.

Keeping my -1.

You cannot slap a “it was ironic” onto everything bad you do.

I literally had a debate with Ruko for like 30 minutes, I’m keeping this -1. You lack the mindset, the overall shared sense and the judgement to be an administrator in my opinion.

1 Like

Okay but what francinium said is dogshit though

6 Likes

Just gotta say these racist alligation are hopefully actually real life racism otherwise its a worrying precedent. I also roleplayed a couple of times a Bartender who is kinda racist against Moths and Lizards but that does not translate to real life racism.

IC racism is weird, its a grey area between it being okay and breaking the dont be an asshole or self-antag rule.

It can be spice for RP, but doesn’t justify griefing another player.

as someone who is in this crowd, maggot is not apart of it lmaooo you’ve got the wrong person. Also thinking non politically correct jokes are funny shouldn’t determine someones willingness to want to help the community

1 Like