The OK Tier Guide to Medical

If you ever have an oozeling with incredibly low blood, stuff them full of food, any type of food should do as long as it doesnt have water.
The fatter they are, the faster their blood will recover

You barbarian.

Also you forgot to mention social ethics:

• no stealing patients of other doctors (Especially if they are learning the ropes still)
  • Whenever someone is cloning a patient, berate them about the dangers of cloning tell them that you are the original and that they are probably just a clone of a clone, then grumble, walk away and watch your job being taken by a cloning vat that goes “BEEPEPEPEEP: [NAME] completed cloning cycle in [SOURCE] at [AREA_OF_SOURCE].”.
4 Likes

It’s complicated there because if the oozeling is so low that he can’t live long enough to process reagents help replenish its blood the only way that i can think of is either an ooze transfusion or pray that an IV drip of saline-glucose solution is enough.

But if they can live at least 20 seconds (so that means it has at least 30% of blood or normal defibrilation will fail) with the help of reagents that treats lots of oxy damage (thinks perfluorodecaline which is enough to keep alive someone who has no lungs alive, also the toxin damages it creates is actualy beneficial to oozelings), try to use a cocktail of stuff that regenerate blood like an injection bag of 30% Iron + 30% Bloody Mary + 30% Saline Glucose + 10% sugar to boost their blood regeneration to the max.

Also oozelings regenerate very fast blood if they have the well fed bonus, that’s why sugar (or any food really but sugar is easier to get in chemistry) is useful in blood regeneration.

The well fed bonus actualy helps all species tgenerate blood faster.

I will do some experiments later to get more precise numbers before puting the answer into the guide.

1 Like

Kinda false, you can’t perform certain surgery on stasis beds, like the experimental ones.

Aye that’s implied a little bit it the “Comunicate with your colleagues” part.

Ethics is secondary, keeping people alive comes first but i agree that cloning should be done only as a last resort for economical and ethical reasons.

Cloning was actyally nerfed pretty hard a while back, really liked the change since all the other revival methods are more engaging than just puting the body in cloner and waiting.

Clone damage is fairly easy to heal even without clonexadone, cryoxadone also works on clone damage albeit slower than clonexadone.
Also pretty sure cryoxadone has had it clone damage healing buffed since now you can fully heal 40% clone damage in like a minute with just cryoxadone. Will have to test that later for more precise numbers.

Pretty sure you just need an operating computer next to your SUPERIOR stasis bed in order to get the surgeries available but i will test that just to be clear.

Also there is this guide on how to revive oozelings, the comment section has some more information on them if you need.

1 Like

No.

You require an operating table AND computer. They do not work on stasis beds with attached computers.

1 Like

Aye, i will check that when i can play.

You can, it just depends on the cleanliness of the area and factors like what you are doing surgery on and using anesthesia. I think the chances have been increased and decreased over the years, but people just don’t want to clean a area/use anesthesia. At this point only roboticist’s will have issues with failing surgery steps, medbay is kept clean enough typically for it not to be a issue or by the time blood is everywhere medbay has advanced surgical tools that already have a lesser chance of failing steps

1 Like

I had a hard time trying to operate a mime’s ears on the ground of Meta’s departures. Failed the last step like 4 times in a row. But generally a table works just fine from what I’ve seen.

next time get a bottle of booze and apply that to them before surgery, that also improves odds.

(no, do not drink it, it’s a “pour on area to disinfect” type deal, or do drink it you maniac Kalavi smokes durring surgery as brig phys who am I to judge.)

1 Like

how do you pour it on? I believe if I tried this I would end up force feeding the man a bottle of vodka

put in beaker, harm intent to splash someone (please dont use the bottle itself, Or do if you want a quick sedation)

Medical sprays should work aswell… Sterilizine sprays in the vendors are better than most alcohols (+20%) only really beaten by hooch (maybe?) and bacchus. Pure ethanol works in a pinch too at half the bonus.

1 Like

I will use this newfound knowledge not only to splash people with illicit substances but also, to knock them out with bottles. Thank you for UNLEASHING ME!

Hehe

PS: JUST DISCOVERED HONEY IS A 60% INCREASE! WHAT?!

2 Likes

HONEY? I mean it is Sterile the moment it’s made but HONEY?

1 Like

Honey has antiseptic properties in the real world too.
It’s that strong in SS13 because it’s more interesting gameplay wise.

yeah seeing as the only way to get honey is BEES or Apids.
Good luck on either.

well it … isssss bee station hehehe

For now i was able to surgicaly remove the all the limbs of a monkey on the floor covered in blood, i was covered in blood too but it didn t fail a single time.
The only thing going for the monkey was that he was anesthesized. I really don t think you can mess an operation except with inadequate tools. I will test it further on other surgeries and with a very awake and screaming monkey next time.

After extensive testing in a bloody messy environment, covered in blood and without glove, on the ground and in dirty maint, i can assure you that cleanliness doesn t affect the success rate of ANY surgery. Even brain surgery.
What i did notice was that operating on the ground is very slow, operating on a stasis bed is around 20% faster than ground. And operating on operating table is around 50% than ground. That s it.