Rukofamicom Admin Application - The sequel

First admin application for reference:Rukofamicom Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Rukofamicom

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Ruko#7940

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Available on discord/forums almost every day from CST 8:00PM thru 8:00AM. Available to actually Admin in the game three days a week for those same hours, and toward the tail end of those hours every day.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Law and order to MRP during the late hours at the least. There’s been a little too much murderbone, self-antag and otherwise blatant disregard for the rules during my playing window and the requests for assistance seem to be going unanswered.
Even if I’m not available to help in-game, I can try to respond to forums quickly and get the information that’s needed to act on forum reports once I’m back at home.

How old are you?: 29

Why do you want to be an admin?: To help everyone that’s following the rules enjoy the game, and because I know I’m capable as an admin from past experience on other games

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since the beginning of October.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Also since the beginning of October - Bee is the first station I tried to play on. I’ve dabbled a bit in others, but Bee is where I’ve decided to stay.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d say 7 or 8. Much better than the last app, though I’m still pretty terrible at combat across the board, I’ve put effort into learning every job offered even if I haven’t experienced them all. I downloaded a clone of the beestation code and have been using it intermittently for testing ideas and learning.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Probably still about a 5 with regards to beestation, but 9-10 counting outside experience.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Just going to plop this down here again: Sign In

Sorting games by hours and look at Terraria, Unturned, Ark, and Starbound - I spent most of those playtimes hosting servers for these games, however the Ark servers were private between friends so disputes were minimal. Unturned is the only experience I have with untempered PvP, since Ark was always with people who I knew would be good sports about losing.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None.

Your strengths: Still Impartiality and Sportsmanship - I’ve been here long enough now that my salty side has been seen, but it’s never been as a result of losing in the game.

Your weaknesses: I still like screwing with people, and I love cooperating with the clown to the fullest extent that I can get away with. As an admin, I will probably answer many prayers for the better or worse of the person praying. I outline this because I’m pretty confident in my ability not to go over the line with it, and I’ll never use admin powers for my own gain within a round at all.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Chain recalling when rounds have been going for hours and more than half of the connected players are dead.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience, Understanding that mistakes happen

What makes a staff team good?: Cohesion and teamwork, understanding that admins are human as well and can approach problems in different ways as well as make mistakes.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To ensure players that are obeying the rules are enforcing the game and to enforce those rules and remove players that aren’t following them.

What kind of player are you?: Now this one has changed - I am an engineer and the SM has been my true love since discovering it. I try to be as helpful to the people around me as I can be, but tend not to leave the department I’m assigned to until called to do something in another part of the station.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll probably go stealth, randomize my character names/appearances when I’m not just observing the round as an aghost. The jobs I like performing the most are already low maintenance for the most part.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Since the gun can be an objective, it gets returned to the station. What happens between the Clown and HoS moving forward is IC unless it escalates further.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Make a note on what the player did, for potential future interactions with admins to see. Disable the player from further action while allowing them to attempt to explain. If I’m convinced they’re a brand new player that had no idea what they were doing, I’ll direct them to a better job to learn the basic functions of the game and explain just how bad what they did was and probably apply a short job ban from jobs that can easily endanger the entire station. If on the other hand it’s apparent they’re the hardcore griefer this looks like, they’d probably get a permanent ban with the option to appeal for a shortening on the forums.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Taking to heart the accidentally part of this question, this is an IC issue for sure. If ahelped, I could offer to explain what went wrong and direct them to the wiki page on chemistry.

2 Likes

Pretty decent application, no notes, but a bit low on hours (100h). I’ll give +1

100 hours.

T: -.5

Is there any way I can prove to you that I know enough about the server, it’s rules, council rulings and how to handle issues between players?

I’ve been assisting/encouraging players to file reports and submit ahelps even if admins aren’t present. I’ve directed the one player banned as a result of this so far to the forums to appeal when they were asking how in discord (which they didn’t do yet - ign: Ranger Kyn)

I’ve made strong efforts to keep learning about aspects of the game that could be destroy a round (learning the SM, virology, toxins) on a private copy of Bee so that I can make catastrophic mishaps at no expense to other players.

When I have been antagonist, I play with other players enjoyment of the game in mind. Last night I was playing silicon antag with the goal of no living beings on escape shuttle. I was working under AI but we both decided borging was the way to go and murder was only going to happen if forced. 18/33 players survived as borgs (and a clown antag, Neko, pulled a clown car that was responsible for most of the death)

+2, in response to Rod, I had around 100 or so iirc when I made my app.

It’s also why it’s a trail period, to see if they’re really good.

Now we just wait for Rue-, I mean someone to throw three extra questions at em.
I would do it but I’m bad at thinking up scenarios.

T: +1.5

Your hours are pretty low, I must admit.

I’ll give you a +.5, but here are a few questions that I’d like you to answer for a full vote.

1. An Atmospheric Technician sets up a burn chamber in the middle of a hallway - while nobody runs into it, the radiation emitted by burning tritium causes multiple people to become injured or die. How do you respond to this scenario?

2. Somebody in game has broken a rule against you and there are no other admins on. What do you do in this scenario?

3. On MRP, the Warden has kidnapped somebody and removed their ID along with putting a face mask on. They law 2 a silicon to leave the area, however the silicon continues as it believes that there is a law 1 threat, as the person with no ID is most likely a crew member. Upon removal of the mask, they are confirmed as the crew member. Should the borg have listened to the Law 2, or is their reasonable suspicion (no nuclear operatives, nothing confirmed to not be on-crew existing, etc) of a Law 1 violation more important?

-1 for now.

1 Like

I’m laying neutral here currently. - /+0

1. Most likely with a job ban, pending explanation and notes. A player robust enough to make tritium successfully should be well aware of the dangers presented when mixing it and keep the mixing to a secluded area.
    This would either fall under griefing or common sense, depending on the player’s perceived intentions to me after ahelp.

2. Do nothing against the player, this is a conflict of interest. All I can do is try to seek another admin’s help. I won’t be able to make bans without approval as a Trial Admin anyway, but I know this rule sticks after trial is over if I’m accepted.

3. I’m assuming two things in this answer: First that the basic crewsimov laws are in place, and second that you meant to say “nothing confirmed to be non-crew existing”
    Even with those assumptions, a lot of information missing from this scenario for a good judgement to be made, but I believe the Borg’s prioritization of law one is more important here.
    Borg has no reason to believe the person they can’t recognize is not crew, and law 1 takes precedence over law 2. I believe the Borg’s concerns are valid and the Warden’s actions justify observation at the least, especially if the warden has been keeping their prisoner silenced to prevent them from talking, or makes no claims of an arrest/crime or otherwise within his department to explain why they’re holding someone captive.

I respect the willingness to go back and learn some more before reapplying. Based on that and your recent answers I’ll add my +2.

I think your second answer was fine, but as a quick remark, if you can’t find anyone to assist in this case a good course of action would be to take note of the round number so that it can be investigated later by another member of the team. It’d be very similar to any other player report.

T: 2.5

Good app, and props for reapplying.
100 hours is still low, but if you hosted a local server to learn, I’m sure you’ll figure it out quickly.

+0.5

T: 3.0

Exactly what crossed said above, I’d be willing to see you trialed.

It’s getting close to a week since the last post in this thread - are there more questions, opinions or otherwise?

@Xlyana hasn’t even come by to swat down my score because Vexy gave me more than +1 yet.

1 Like

I’ve decided that I’d like to see your trial period

+2

T: somewhere above 5

So going on my personal ~400s and still feeling like I should know a lot more, 120hs is really low. That said though, I think good admining is a trait/personality in itself which based on your 0 notes and answers implies you have that.

+1

T: +6

1 Like

Accepted. I’ll give you Discord perms, ask Senior Admin or above for training and in-game perms.

1 Like