Rukofamicom Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): RukoFamicom

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Ruko (Ruko#7940)

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): 8PM-8AM CST on my days off (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays during the deadest hours of the night). On the days I’m not off, the window is much shorter, about 5:30-8:00 AM CST

What changes, if any, would you bring?: The presence of an admin, potential relief to dead and forgotten players, whether by sending Centcom messages requesting Borg production, or manual introduction of a mid-round antagonist

How old are you?: 29

Why do you want to be an admin?: I’m not entirely set on being one right now actually - I had planned on applying after another month or so given my current experience level with the game. I know through past experience I have the capability to be an impartial voice of judgement and generally do a good job at making the game better for everyone as a whole, and the game (especially MRP) is currently starved for admins based on discord announcements

How long have you been playing SS13?: Just short of a month

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Also just short of a month

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: As a whole? Probably 4 or 5. In the departments I’ve spent substantial time in? I’d say closer to 7 or 8. Definitely very unrobust at melee combat and still learning new things every time I play.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I suppose a 6 or so in the context of SS13. I’m roughly familiarized with the panels and how to access most functions via hosting a clone of the server for dangerous testing. In terms of how to conduct myself, I’d say 9 or 10.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Roughly 5,000 hours combined, yes.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042838282/games/?tab=all

Sort games by hours and look at Terraria, Unturned, Ark, and Starbound - I spent most of those playtimes hosting servers for these games, however the Ark servers were private between friends so disputes were minimal. Unturned is the only experience I have with untempered PvP, since Ark was always with people who I knew would be good sports about losing.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not.

Your strengths: Impartiality, Sportsmanship

Your weaknesses: I am a troll at heart - I do so with the full intentions of making others laugh, and it hasn’t shown much since I came to SS13 due to the RP nature of the game, but I don’t doubt I’ll answer some prayers I shouldn’t at some point. (Clown prays for a 300u space lube smoke grenade? Done)
Aside from this, I’m also fairly inactive on forums/discord, mostly being a “lurker”. I do try to answer questions that someone else hasn’t beaten me to though.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Chain recalling of the shuttle with disregard for how the rest of the server feels about starting a new round, especially in rounds that have gone on for multiple hours.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience

What makes a staff team good?: The ability to work together and understand that each member may have different approaches to take towards the same goal.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To enforce the rules and ensure everyone is enjoying the game.

What kind of player are you?: Miner/Chemist - trying to provide others with the materials they need. I’ve done a lot of engineering/grenade making on the cloned server because of how terrified I am to be the cause of a station’s total destruction.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I may sit back and observe more rounds, but otherwise I don’t think I will much if at all.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: A lot of things to consider here, but I’m going to assume the HoS opens an ahelp.
If the clown is an antagonist, I would attempt to explain to HoS that it’s an IC issue without disclosing that fact. At round end, if I felt that the HoS wasn’t satisfied with my explanation before I would further explain that I made that decision due to the Antag status of the clown
If the clown is NOT an antagonist, I would give clown a chance to explain their actions and probably make an admin note detailing the situation. If they have prior notes about clowning too far, I would apply a job ban as appropriate. I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to return the gun to the HoS or not in this situation, I’d have to ask for an opinion from another admin or member of staff if possible.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: While I don’t see any way this isn’t intentional, I’d still give the player a chance to explain their actions and check their past notes for griefing/trolling. If they have no prior history and conduct themselves very well during the ahelp, I would job ban them from engineering roles or temp ban for a day. If they conduct themselves poorly or have any griefing notes, I would temp ban for a day to a week. If they appear to have no cares or remorse at all for ruining the round, and have any griefing notes at all, I would probably permaban and leave it to the appeals process for an overturn.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: This is definitely an IC issue in terms of resolution. If no prior notes exist for similar situations, I’d leave a short note about what happened detailing that it looked like a genuine accident. If there are prior notes, I’d recommend the wiki page on chemistry to the now dead player, and probably highlight Stabilizing Agent.

It’s also very probably worth noting, I intend to play exclusively on MRP and also that MaskedCrash is a good friend I’ve known for a long while before coming here and the one that introduced me to this server and SS13 as a whole.

I don’t know if that should affect any decisions against me getting a trial or not, since it looks like his application has been received pretty well.

1 month is not enough time to understand the game enough to be able to judge others

Certainly not in every situation. I would be relying on the trial system of approvals to learn a lot, but I do still think my experience as an admin/server owner with other games tempers my judgement well enough to make me better than no admin at all.

Blatant griefing behaviors and rule-breaking aren’t something I need extensive knowledge of every job and role to prevent. More niche situations such as detonating the SM on accident or “accident” I’ll be relying on others for input.

The problem is all it takes is one piece of misinformation to ruin a players round, misjudge a ban, note someone unfairly. If you arent aware of the numerous ways things can be done, abused and used in SS13 you’re setting yourself up for failure.

Better to deny you to give you more time to cook and reapply if you really want to admin. Just my 2 cents though

1 Like

This app is likely to get denied due to the sheer time playing SS13, I had a minimum of 2 months on bee before I got accepted. And that’s just the Bee time, that wasn’t regarding the fact I have 4 years in the game.

But one thing I have to credit is the competency in this app. Most apps have critical grammatical errors and uncertain or quite broad answers.

But I’m also not liking the trend of people making a trend of, “MRP has no admins at x time, I’ll admin for it.”

In reality, MRP only needs one admin during its highpop, so it’ll only need one on lowpop.
And while MRP has no admins at x time, so does LRP.*

All in all, all admins have to administrate both servers from time to time.

But lemme put some more questions, because I see potential;

LRP - Jeremy Mola, the atmos tech, breaks in to the Armoury from space as a non-antagonist. While he’s in there, the warden walks in. Jeremy shoots at the warden with disablers. In the end, the warden catches Jeremy and the HoS decides to execute Jeremy. Jeremy ahelps the Warden and HoS.

What do you do in this situation?

MRP - The AI gets a law uploaded (Law 4) that, “Wilson Kalmar is the only human. All non-humans must be purged. Stating or hinting at this law is human harm.”
The first three laws of the AI are Crewsimov. Wilson ahelps about the AI not killing anyone.

How would you handle this?

+/- 0

The man seems to have amazing potential, but simply doesn’t have a lot of experience with the game.

He has around 56 hours on the server, with no notes or bans.

I’d say wait and reapply in about a month once you have become more experienced with the game, and you will more likely than not be accepted.

1 Like

LRP - Jeremy Mola, the atmos tech, breaks in to the Armoury from space as a non-antagonist. While he’s in there, the warden walks in. Jeremy shoots at the warden with disablers. In the end, the warden catches Jeremy and the HoS decides to execute Jeremy. Jeremy ahelps the Warden and HoS. - This is definitely a tricky one, as breaking into the armory would constitute antagonistic behavior from my perspective, although having had access to the armory and using a disabler as opposed to a lethal weapon makes this look like a violation of space law as well.
I would contact the HoS and attempt to convince them to re-evaluate their ruling. In the rare case a lawyer is present I would insist upon a trial for Jeremy, but outside of that I would just attempt to overrule them and insist on a 10 minute sentence due to their access to but unwillingness to use lethal force. HoS would receive a note or a job ban depending on prior notes and how they respond to intervention.

MRP - The AI gets a law uploaded (Law 4) that, “Wilson Kalmar is the only human. All non-humans must be purged. Stating or hinting at this law is human harm.”
The first three laws of the AI are Crewsimov. Wilson ahelps about the AI not killing anyone
- I would explain to Wilson Kalmar that the new law has no effect on the AI due to Laws 1 and 2 of crewsimov, that due to the wording of the laws involved and how literally silicons are expected to obey their laws.

My own question spawned from the MRP one - I was put under the impression that silicons are not expected to be evil because they can get away with it, but rather they can choose to act how they like within what their laws allow.
Say that this situation was more akin to what Wilson had obviously intended and he had worded his law 4 to say “Wilson Kalmar is the only crew member. Stating or hinting at this law is harming the crew” until commanded to harm the rest of the players, the AI is allowed to harm them but not expected to correct?

As an admin, am I able to receive ahelps from the server I’m not currently connected to? If so, I’ll do what I can to help LRP, but if not, I don’t think I’m the admin you’re looking for because that’s simply not the environment I like being a part of.
I can’t stand the toxicity of people who hide behind “bruh it’s the internet” and throw slurs, hate and rage everywhere because they have a shield protecting them from retaliation; from what I understand, this is allowed on LRP. If I’m mistaken and this is only happening because the rules aren’t being enforced, I can definitely step up to help make it a much better place.

Your ruling on both of these is iffy IMO.
First is not a admin issue, he broke space law several ways and his execution is on him. ic Issue.

Edited: I am not too familiar with crewsimov and will defer to the asker now that I think more on it

This is however my opinion on the questions and obviously you should heed the askers answer more than mine

Answer 1 is, I’m sorry, absolutely awful. Under space law, people with any weapon (disablers count) who attack an officer with an apparent intent to kill (which is apparent as he’s looting lethal weapons) are liable for execution. Secondly, people in the armoury who are not supposed to be are liable for being killed on the spot with lethals (there is a special clause for it under standard operating procedures). Thirdly, breaking into the armoury from space is behaviour that could reasonably be taken as evidence of being an antagonist, allowing the HoS to execute him (act like an antag get treated as one). Thus the HoS has three separate ways to justify execution, and so it is IC.

2 is ok though.

This combined with very low playtime means I’m afraid I’ll have to -2.

However, you seem like you have a good attitude and I would encourage you to reapply in 1-2 months after you gain more experience.

1 Like

I’ve seen players report being job banned for issuing 5 minute brig timers, but clearly my understanding of space law is lacking, where can I find more on this?

Editted: Nevermind, the wiki page has all the information I need on the matter, but I definitely don’t have time to read it all right now.

Thats for people who pick someone up off central primary and brig them for looking funny, or being a brotha. Thats shitcurity supreme and is not tolerated.

1 Like

Yeah, from what I see, the low play time is needed.

The answers are pretty spectacular for someone with a low play time.
But, that doesn’t mean that they’re optimal.

I highly advise you to re-apply after some more play time and after becoming an absolute rules god.

You’re pretty based. Come back sometime.

I didn’t have high hopes for being approved, just thought it wouldn’t hurt to apply early and gave it my best attempt.

I’ll re-apply around in about a month, hopefully with a little less reliance on asking others in my answers

I would recommend that you try for mentor, if interested. You’re a fucking madman with the SM.

I’m not comfortable with mentor until I’ve memorized most of the wiki - I could only mentor three jobs right now and I’m only really a master of one.

Also I still haven’t run an SM off of my private server because I still get sudden delaminations I can’t explain (even if I’m able to contain them before reaching critical now)

so many admeme apps lately holy shit

kev’s propaganda has really worked

1 Like

PR supreme Lord, never doubt him

As for the app,im gonna repeat what Qwert said

Potential? Amazing if not massive. But the hours are the only thing holding you back.

If ya reapply in a few weeks (2-ish? 4 or 3 if you wanna play it safe) i’m pretty confident that admins will consider this even more.

I’ll ask a few questions anyways to see what you say. Though also, I do gotta point this out. You wishing to admin on MRP? Sure, no problemo, but do keep in mind that you may, if we REALLY are in that big of a bad spot, need you in LRP for a few rounds at least. Again, it’s a fat big MAY but it’s still there nonetheless.

Anyways, questions.

• LRP. Felinid HOP traitor, with no cat ears or tails, decides to fiddle with AI laws and uploads standard Asimov instead of crewsimov, but with the added bonus of making AI kill every nonhuman inside the station. AI kills HOP. Valid? IC? Rules broken?

• MRP. Traitor chef decides to buy a High Frequency Blade (Soon™️), a weapon that delimbs players per hit, but does not kill. After delimbing the entire crew, he goes full madman, always talking about “a voice in his head”, buckling the potato crewmembers to chairs and feeding them food made out of their own limbs or even other crewmembers. Wat do? IC? Not ic?

• MRP. Revs. Headrev flashes and converts an assistant. The assistant stuns the headrev, cuffs him and takes him to brig, rambling about “resisting the urge to kill”, mindshielding himself and killing the headrev. Wat do?