Pete112 Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Pete112

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): MrMeowMeow#9010

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): GMT+1 7AM-3PM

What changes, if any, would you bring?: None I am content.

How old are you?: Above 20.

Why do you want to be an admin?: I would like to help out. And it’s interesting.

How long have you been playing SS13?: About three or four months

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Started recently about two months I think?.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No.

Your strengths: It’s extremely hard to make me mad.

Your weaknesses: I don’t particularly stand out. My name recognition might be low.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: If I had to say one thing it would be people downplaying things.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Understanding.

What makes a staff team good?: Sincerity.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep the game fun.

What kind of player are you?: I like the complex gameplay aspects more than the roleplay, however I still wouldn’t shy away from a conversation.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I would talk more on the forums and on the discord.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do: What do you do?: Return gun to Z-Level. Warn clown. Also congratulate clown.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ask him what he’s doing. Probably perma with appeal depending on how he talks.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Interesting. Nothing.

You have less than 150 hours on the server. I am sorry but I doubt you have an in-depth enough understanding of the variety of ways people can grief/get into rules disputes, -1.

However, you have few notes and a good attitude, if you were to play a bit more I would absolutely give you my +1.

I have played a lot on a local server to learn the game at my own pace. While my knowledge isn’t perfect, I would say that I know the vast majority of mechanics within the game. I’d appreciate it if you could give me a chance to prove it with additional questions.

Application seems alright, but I’m not 100% sure, so I’ll give +0.7,
hope you understand.

Interesting score. Thank you.

Well, no harm in giving you a chance to prove me wrong with some questions. Remember that multiple people may be in the wrong at the same time, and if you’re not sure how the rules would apply, act in good faith and you’ll probably be ok.

1: You are on Sage. A botanist breaks into tech storage roundstart to steal the chem dispenser board, and nabs a flash, insulated gloves and a full toolbelt while he’s there. An engineer sees this and moves to stop him. They have a shoving match, and the botanist tries to flash the engineer but fails due to the engineer having welding goggles. The engineer then crits the botanist with a toolbox, cablecuffs him and takes him to medbay to be healed. Any rules broken?

2: The round is nearly over, and the shuttle has docked. The captain starts to spam authorise/revoke the early launch. What do you do?

3: You are playing on LRP. A man walks up to you shouting racial slurs and kills you for no reason. He then proceeds to kill most of the station, again spamming racial slurs both in game and in OOC. What do you do?

1: Since the engineer was in immediate danger and to my understanding didn’t have any tools on him to apprehend the botanist immediately I don’t see any problem with how he responded. I would, however warn the botanist to not break into tool storage like that unless he was an antagonist.

2: I would tell him to stop and note him for it for future reference. If he didn’t stop I would ban him for a week.

3: I ahelp it, and perhaps notify staff through Discord that I have a ticket if none are on. The Admin conduct states that you cannot play while Adminned.

What’s your server preference?

I prefer MRP, although I also like LRP.

First Seen: 2021-01-13

I think you’d be a fantastic trial admin in another month or so, but for now I gotta sit at +/- 0. If you get enough confidence among others to pass, I do look forward to helping you out though.

I have nothing against you but with ~100 hours I don’t think you know the game and community enough to admin it.

Could you perhaps clarify on the ~100 hours thing. Might you be only counting alive hours?

Yes

I like the answers to said questions, so I will change my vote to +/-0

I’d personally like to see a bit more hours pumped into the game before any consideration is made. -1

120 hours is just too low in my opinion. -1

While I would also probably -1 this app, I’d like to point out that people have been accepted with fewer hours in the past and have turned out as good staff. ex: Rukofamicom Admin Application - The sequel

2 Likes

Application denied due to outstanding bans.