Rkvothe14 Admin Report

CKEY: PerishedFraud

Your Discord: PerishedFraud#0293

Offender’s CKEY: Rkvothe14

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 2021-11-25

Round Number: Can’t tell from the note.

Incident Description: I spawned as a ling botanist, started working on a Gaia to start the shift, and immediately had it ruined by another botanist, wasting both time and the chem dispenser (ie, more time). Immediately fed up by this, I ahelped and ask for my antag status to be removed, as I was done with the round. The admin first offered to give my body to someone, but I don’t like getting reported for things that I didn’t do, so I told the admin that. They then told me to wait for a while. I used the time to prepare a suicide and then carried it out, as I was done with the round as noted before. Considering they told me to wait a while, I figured everything was fine and went offline.

Today I found out that after I had left, they’d given me a weeklong antag ban. I did not even notice this while playing until I was beaten by like five cultists, converted, and promptly booted out of the round today. I was not informed of the ban and after seeing the accompanying note, I found that a report is necessary.

Suicided as antag and DC’d without approval

Why do I need approval to suicide? There is nothing about suiciding in the antag conduct. I know it’s cringe to kill yourself as an antag and that’s specifically why I ahelped, so it could be given away. So why the ban than? This is frustrating already.

You already have a history of suiciding for similar reasons, and doing it as antagonist.

Now, I will tolerate mediocre adminning, as I myself have done it many times and know that it’s something you learn to do better over time. I’ve been a victim of disproportionate punishment before and dealt with it. That is why I will not appeal the ban.

However, the ban is not the issue here.

This part of the note is completely false. I have never done this. I have no notes or bans for ever doing this. It was entirely made up. I can only guess that this bullshit was put here to justify their ban or to make me look bad - both terrible scenarios. This is unacceptable. Not only does it make their ban seem fine but it also puts a permanent, false stain on my record. This might count as actually breaking admin conduct too since it’s technically targetting me personally.

Additional Information: This is not a ban appeal and I will not make one. This is strictly an admin report.

Also, Don’t put lies in my fucking notes. I already have to deal with people thinking I’m a savage because of where I used to play, I don’t need more drama on my plate.

Alright, this is my side:

You didn’t ahelp to get the status removed, you ahelped below:

imagen

In turn, I offered you to offer the body to ghosts instead of letting you suicide, as I did not think your reasoning was solid. You said you’d rather not offer your body because “someone else would do shit and get you in trouble”, that to me is kinda understandable.

At this point, I brought up the issue to my fellow staff members, and the consensus was that I should offer your body anyways. When I got back to the game, you already suicided, then disconnected, so I couldn’t offer your body anymore.

My plan was to remove your antag status and be done with it, but the sudden disconnect prevented me of talking it out with you further.

You’ve also gotta remember that I’m a moderator, so I can’t add antagonists in your place.

Your tone didn’t sit well with me coupled with past history of suddenly suiciding because things weren’t going your way and the complete disregard of policy had to be taken care of, that’s why I decided on the antag ban.

I have no interest on making anyone look bad at all, nor it is my goal as part of the staff to do so. I get no value from it. You do have past bans for suiciding with no proper IC reason, not necessarily as antag.

Wha-

You’ve also gotta remember that I’m a moderator, so I can’t add antagonists in your place.

That’s understandable, but also has nothing to do with me. Nothing stopped you from just calling an admin on.

Your tone didn’t sit well with me coupled with past history of suddenly suiciding because things weren’t going your way and the complete disregard of policy had to be taken care of, that’s why I decided on the antag ban.

Please consider that the tone is entirely reasonable for someone who immediately got their work fucked up on roundstart. I still get pissed when I remember that other botanist. However, crassness aside, I made no unreasonable demands and didn’t try to mess with you in any way.

I also really have no idea what past history you’re talking about. I’ve looked through all of my bans and notes and there’s nothing about suiciding as an antag. I also know simply from the way I play that I’ve literally never done it. The closest I could find was a single instance of suiciding as HoP - foremost not an antag - but also, if I remember correctly, this was done when another player harrassed me, and was also on golden back when it existed, which wasn’t as uptight as what we have now.

Suffice to say there is nothing to correlate this event with unless you’re reading between the lines or have an agenda.

edit: I see that you’ve doublechecked my admin remarks and changed your stance to be closer to the truth. this doesn’t change that this ban note still implies that I have a history of disconnecting as an antag. You have to be aware of how this system works. You’ve now enabled anyone who ever sees this ban to immediately assume that I really do have a history of doing it, and it can affect all future ahelps.

1 Like

Without actually having fully read through your report yet or looked at your notes.

You are aware that secret notes exist right?

Without actually having fully read through your report yet or looked at your notes.
You are aware that secret notes exist right?

Yes, I am also aware that unless someone else put lies in there, I shouldn’t have any about suiciding as an antag, because it isn’t something i’ve ever done.

Edit: And also

This

1 Like

You do have past bans for suiciding with no proper IC reason, not necessarily as antag.

To clarify this bit, I’m saying you’ve got history of suiciding when things don’t go your way.

Never implied that you have past history of suiciding as an antag.

If you want the note to be more clear/edited, feel free to make a note appeal for it, this admin report is literally on the grounds of ban/note reason misinterpretation. I might be at fault at not making it more clear, because I can fumble my english sometimes, so I can understand that. Making an admin report for this implies I have ill intent against you or the players, which is not true.

Dissecting ban reason text:

Suicided as antag and DCd without approval because their coworker was “ruining the round for them being a bad botanist”. You already have history of suiciding for similar reasons, and doing it as an antagonist, without approval is even worse. Take some days off antag roles.

You already have history of suiciding for similar reasons

Similar reasons here “things not going your way”

, and doing it as an antagonist,

To me, this implies that THIS time you were an antag.

without approval is even worse.

When you try cryoing as antagonist, you get a prompt that you need to get it checked via ahelp first. I spent the time looking at our rules, and I see this is not mirrored anywhere. The cryo thing is why I assumed it needed “approval”.

It’s alright. I do suicide now and then but I’ve only done it as regular crew. Never as command since that HoP ban and definitely never as antag.

Considering your explanation it does seem like you had no actual malicious intent, so I apologize for my tone in this thread. It just seemed like I was being set up.

I’ve made the note appeal as suggested. Thanks for putting up with this.

2 Likes

It’s alright, I can understand your frustration as well.

I’m glad we could resolve this between us, but of course the report can be still open for a headmin to look into.

2 Likes

So let me get this sequence of events straight.

• You signed up as botanist
  • rolled ling
  • decided your round was ruined by another botanist wasting the charge in the chem dispensor
  • ahelped to get round removed
  • Then suicided before the admeme (or mod) said it was okay.

So half of this was over a chem dispensor. And the other half was believing that admins who handle reports can’t appropriately read a ckey?

Just want to get this right here.

2 Likes
  • decided your round was ruined by another botanist wasting the charge in the chem dispensor

They did more than that. I spent ages making sure the gaia was maxed with both RNG rolls and a ton of saltpetre, and they promptly mutated it again several times, ruining it all, and acted like an ass too.

• ahelped to get round removed

Ahelped to get ling given to someone else, something I know admins can do, but which moderators apparently cannot. I did not know this, but since moderators can still call admins in, it’s kinda irrelevant.

• Then suicided before the admeme (or mod) said it was okay.

There’s still no rule about suiciding. You’ve included this in your list as if it means anything. But considering i’ve been told to wait a while, have waited a while before suiciding, and know that admins are fully capable of giving antag to someone else, I did not do anything unreasonable.

1 Like

Alright, this may be a slightly better thing to ask on the note appeal… but you were a ling. Why didn’t you just murderize them and get the succ on?

1 Like

I was just fed up. Murder isn’t really that therapeutic for me, the right move would’ve been to explain what they did wrong, but I didn’t have the patience for that, and i doubt they would’ve cared, so I just wanted to call it quits.

Edit: On topic of murder: This is something I’ve touched on before a few times, and also in a massive thread I made about it ages ago. Basically, I think that murdering people that annoy you (or random people) corrupts the playerbase and self-propagates the murderous mentality. You get killed for nothing, then you roll antag; you’ll remember what happened to you, and instead of rightfully thinking random/unjustified murder is bad, you might think “it’s my turn”. It’s a cycle that makes people glorify antags, and encourages baiting fights and generally being an unhelpful crew member. Believe it or not, this ties into why I suicide more than the average person too. If someone is being an ass, I think suiciding will send a stronger message that they’re being bad than anything one can say (that is, unless they’re a troll/griefer, but then that’s a lost cause to begin with). If you kill them, they’ll just get salty. If you explain, they might care, or they might not. If you suicide, you know you’ve made at least an impression.

3 Likes

I mean… you were in an active adminhelp about that, and the staffmember you were talking to specifically told you to wait.

Bruh literally just get a spare cell and a cell charger so power is plentiful for botany chem machine.

Also suicide is pretty bad even when i have to leave i just ahelp wait a bit and maybe adminhelp on discord to get an admin to offer my GLORIOUS mime char to someone.

1 Like

the moderator wanted to give it to someone else, but he said no to it.
he was told to wait, so they could decide what to do, and he suicided, making him unable to.

did you even read the responses before writing this?

sure a ban is a bit much, but i wouldn’t call it powertripping at all.

There was no reason for him to wait.
The admin spent more time on writing the note and ban than just… giving someone else ling. This is why it’s power tripping, as he was more than happy to go out of his way to write a note and ban. End of story.

1 Like

moderators cant make people into antags.

2 Likes

Ah, holy shit, how could I forget - the moderator had to fill the time waiting for the admin to come and make an antag ------- by writing a note.
Silly me.

1 Like

From a permissions standpoint, yes they can.
From a policy standpoint, it’s not super well defined. They also lack any easy way of randomly giving it to someone so offering the person to ghosts is usually their best option.

2 Likes