Rkvothe14 Admin Report

Demdisco, you’re acting like I get my rocks off banning/noting people.

I literally asked the guy to wait so I could ask in our staff channels for other people’s input, including if I could get an admin to replace the antags, since it was the second antag the same shift that asked being removed.

The problem here is a misinterpretation of what I wrote for the note/ban, not the actual ban.

If an user has been noted already a couple of times because they tend to suicide because things don’t go their way, the next step in the escalation is banning them for it. You could make the argument this could have been a Fail RP ban (server ban), instead of an antag ban.

And to add to what Tyranicranger4 is saying, it’s true we have the permissions, but we’ve been told many times already that we shouldn’t.

5 Likes

While it’s true that I had no real reason to wait, this also has nothing to do with powetripping. Misinterpreting note history or writing a note wrong aren’t powertripping, and my original report didn’t have anything about it either.

A list of all mistakes by both parties here would be

• me suiciding after waiting, not knowing mods can’t give people antag.
  • rkvo coming to conclusions based on one prior note which isn’t too relevant.
  • rkvo putting those conclusions in the ban reason, or wording it wrong, or whatever.

As soon as it became apparent that the note wasn’t written that way to specifically make me seem bad, it likewise became apparent that there wasn’t any foul play or abuse involved here.

This thread is all over the place. I’m just going to address it for what it is and nothing else, a staff report. From everything I read and after reviewing the ban, I don’t think Rkvothe did anything warranting a staff action.

To me, the note/ban reasoning was pretty clear (They missed a clarity comma, but otherwise it’s honestly fine). To me, their thought process seems sound and they operated within the realms of expectation given the current information on-hand and our existing policies.

It should be fully noted as well that Rkvothe asked you to wait for 5-minutes (which isn’t an unreasonable amount of time given that you didn’t indicate you were in a hurry or anything like that) and then you immediately suicided. You’ve argued that there was no harm in this, since your past experience tells you that the situation is easily remediable; but, I’d counter argue that your past experience should also tell you not to leave when admin asks you to wait for a short period of time. If you waited 10-minutes (or even just the five they asked for) and then suicided, I wouldn’t be bothered. But, you didn’t even wait 5-seconds.

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:11.316 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba)->Rkvothe14/(Fulton Blackburn): I'd rather not risk it.1

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:39.543 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Rkvothe14/(Fulton Blackburn)->PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba): Give me 5 minutes, then.

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:43.592 ATTACK: PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) has Attempted to Hang PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) with the noose (NEWHP: 100) (Hydroponics (131, 113, 2))

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:43.595 ATTACK: PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) has hanged PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) with the noose (NEWHP: 100) (Hydroponics (131, 113, 2))

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:46.845 SAY: PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) “have fun ruining more plants” (Hydroponics (131, 113, 2))

Nov 25, 2021 @ 16:07:50.091 SAY: PerishedFraud/(Boris Baraba) “see ya in the afterlife” (Hydroponics (131, 113, 2))

Given all of this, I am closing this report with no actions taken against Rkvothe. We will, however, look at potentially adding a new clause into R15 to properly address how antags should leave the round.

6 Likes