PerishedFraud noted by Rkvothe14 (ban reason edit appeal)

CKEY: PerishedFraud

Admin’s CKEY: Rkvothe14

The Note

Appeal Reason / Further clarification:

This is an appeal to edit the ban reason note, not to remove it or the ban. The current note states that I have a history of suiciding as an antagonist, which is false, and based on thet original admin report thread, also not intended. For context, I have a single prior ban for suiciding as HoP, and it’s true that I’ve done it as a regular crew member several times. However, since that single ban, I have never suicided as command, and I have never suicided as an antagonist, not upon rolling or conversion.

Again, this is just an appeal to edit the ban reason note. Personally I think the !!! severity is also too much considering I literaly ahelped to give away my antag status, but that’s beyond me.

Edit: according to Isy so far, this might be worthy of a full ban appeal. My stance is that I wouldn’t mind losing the ban, but it’s also not what I made the thread for, so I leave the decision of removing or leaving the ban to the staff that ends up dealing with this appeal, at their own disclosure.

1 Like

Mirroring my reasoning behind the note write up here, from the report thread:

Dissecting ban reason text:

Suicided as antag and DCd without approval because their coworker was “ruining the round for them being a bad botanist”. You already have history of suiciding for similar reasons, and doing it as an antagonist, without approval is even worse. Take some days off antag roles.

You already have history of suiciding for similar reasons

Similar reasons here “things not going your way”

, and doing it as an antagonist,

To me, this implies that THIS time you were an antag.

without approval is even worse.

When you try cryoing as antagonist, you get a prompt that you need to get it checked via ahelp first. I spent the time looking at our rules, and I see this is not mirrored anywhere. The cryo thing is why I assumed it needed “approval”.

My suggestion on the note edit would be better clarifying above.

Suiciding as solo antagonst is not inherently against the rules provided the suicide does not break any other rules, such as fail rp.

If you are part of a team, you must work with your partners toward completing whatever objectives you share.

Dont suicide as team antag without a really good reason though, probably ahelp first

This antag ban should probably be removed, unless you want it to be kept for whatever reason.

A questionable suicide is probably worth just a note at best provided its not a constant occurance or in a command role. A general discussion to try to get things back on track.

Its not on any single person, this area of the rules was just kind of vague to the admin team, RK asked the admins about the situation and got back not the most helpful responses.

1 Like

When you try cryoing as antagonist, you get a prompt that you need to get it checked via ahelp first. I spent the time looking at our rules, and I see this is not mirrored anywhere. The cryo thing is why I assumed it needed “approval”.

This is actually news to me, as I’ve never cryoed as an antag either that I remember. It would be nice if the antag conduct section would get ammended with this.

This antag ban should probably be removed, unless you want it to be kept for whatever reason.

I am indifferent, for me the only thing that hits is the reason being off. If you think the ban is also too much - of course, I wouldn’t mind a removal, but it’s not something I’ll press for. I leave that much to the judgment of anyone reading this.

Its not on any single person, this area of the rules was just kind of vague to the admin team, RK asked the admins about the situation and got back not the most helpful responses.

:frowning:

Or the code for it removed/bettered, to be honest. Probably needs some headmin work to make it more clear for both players and rest of staff.

1 Like

We’re right about 95% of the time, maybe a bit more.

Heck, I could even be wrong in thinking this ban should be removed.

The appeals section exists for a reason, and wrongful bans are most often not out of malice.

3 Likes

Hey uh, this topic is in #ban-appeals , not #ban-appeals:game-ban-appeals where it should be…

Sad mod cant fix it.

1 Like

Hey uh, this topic is in Ban Appeals , not Game Ban Appeals where it should be…
Sad mod cant fix it.

Did I fix it?

1 Like

Yeah it is.

1 Like

As we agreed that the note could be misconstrued due to the wording used, I went ahead and edited it for you.

2 Likes