CKEY: BlueScope

Your Discord: Pyramid_Scheme#1295

Offender’s CKEY: Ocean_Fish

LRP or MRP server: Sage (MRP)

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06-14-2020

Round Number: 17212

Part of Admin Conduct Broken: Ticket Conduct

Incident Description:
During the round, I encountered a couple players acting in an LRP manner. One of the issues was a little more involved than the other - a CMO getting drunk for half the round, and not telling the chemists to do their jobs, which in my opinion violates the rules as written for Command expectations. The other was pretty cut and dry - use of abbreviations (“Thx man”) a couple times.
I submitted two separate ahelps, one for each incident. I recieved no response for the entire round. With about 5 minutes left in the round, I submitted another ahelp asking if the admin had seen my first two. I got no response for that ticket either.
I submitted another ticket in the lobby before the following round started, asking if my previous tickets had been seen - the only response I got was something along the lines of “Busy”. No further communication for the rest of that round.

Additional Information: It is very frustrating that the “M” in MRP is so seldom enforced on Sage. Given that Bee has a dedicated LRP server, I don’t see why this is the case. I get that staff are busy, and that other tickets might have taken a higher priority, but letting two distinct tickets go unanswered for an entire round is questionable.

This is BYOND petty. Chemists know to do their job. CMO being drunk is less an OOC issue and more an IC issue. The only thing that is even questionable here is the use of netspeak. The Admins have worse things to deal with.

9 Likes

I don’t know details of this situation, but sometimes i deadmin myself and go afk, then new round starts and i am adminned again while i am still afk. It might been as well just him being afk.

+not much we can do about it in lobby after game, leave player report on forum instead.

You either enforce the rule or remove it completely. There’s absolutely no reason to choose anything other than this.

I just want MRP enforced, that’s all. Do the rules not state this?

Heads of Staff are held to higher standards than regular crewmembers. You are expected to be a competent person and competent at your job.

I can definitely see the drinking being an IC issue, but staff direction is the essence of being a head.

It isn’t about enforcing the rule, it’s about triage. There is shit that needs to be addressed right now, shit that needs to be addressed as soon as the immediate shit is finished, and shit that simply isn’t important enough to enforce if you already have 5 tickets on your ass.

This does not mean what you think it means, at all. It means you need to know how to do your job better than the average person. Heads can get drunk, hell, captains can sit drunk in their office all day as long as they do their job.

well, this is just sad

sends multiple ahelps and then complains in admin reports instead of player reports

literally no need to if they know how to do their job, you’ll just come off as an asshole

I did edit that quoted post - apologies. The drinking thing doesn’t bug me as much as them not doing their job as a head. The particulars of the tickets I submitted aside, what was most irritating was the complete lack of response. That’s why I made this an admin complaint, instead of a player complaint.

If the CMO abandoned his duties completely as a non antag, then it’s not just a typical Dereliction of Duty, it’s complete abandonment.

It’s not about knowing how to do your job, it’s about co-ordination and communication too. If you were right, then heads of staff should be removed because they’re useless.

CMO seems like IC issue, to be honest. That’s a reason to get demoted, not bwoinked. If he didn’t know how to mass produce vaccines then he may not be fit as CMO, but dereliction of duty? Nah.
Get captain on his ass if it bothers you.

Net speak is a minor issue that should be dealt with as the last order of business.

1 Like

Again - the focus of this topic is that lack of responsiveness to the tickets I submitted. The particulars of the tickets aside. If there are extenuating circumstances to why that was, I completely understand. I’ve had administrative experience. I know that it’s hard when you’re dealing with a million tickets. I’d just rather have this issue examined, then let it pass by. As above, so below:

I get that staff are busy, and that other tickets might have taken a higher priority, but letting two distinct tickets go unanswered for an entire round is questionable.

Here, think of it like jaywalking. Is it illegal, yes. Is it punishable, yes. Will a cop immediately stop and chase after you for doing it while there is a crackhead driving a stolen vehicle, no.

EDIT: My point is, stop being offended by the fact an admin had to choose a more important ticket. If you really wanted to bust them about it, you could’ve just as easily ahelped a another time. Its not the admin’s fault that he has too many tickets to deal with. Admins have to pass tickets if there simply isn’t the time or adminpower to do so. Just because one case of minor netspeak slipped doesn’t mean the fucking fall of MRP’s rules.

EDIT 2: Also @Oceanic_Fish

So you equate not responding to tickets to jaywalking? I’m not trying to be hostile or aggressive, I’m just wondering why my tickets never got answered.

He’s saying that there may have been more important tickets. I think that this isn’t worth while a report, but you can leave admin feed back if you really want to. I’d link it to you but I can’t seem to find it.

As for the CMO thing, if he did absolutely nothing all shift then you should definitely report him as that’s against the rules (Unless he was antag).

If that’s the case - then absolutely no worries. I’m just making sure. I’d have just asked the lad instead of making a report, but he logged off pretty quickly.

If it was just a case of him having a million tickets to deal with, and prioritizing the most important - that’s fine. I get it. I’ve been there. I’m getting the impression of you as being rather upset about me making this report, and it seems to me that you’ve been primarily focused on the specifics of the tickets I submitted, instead of just mentioning why they weren’t answered. If it’s not a problem, it’s not a problem.

If that’s the case - then absolutely no worries. I’m just making sure. I’d have just asked the lad instead of making a report, but he logged off pretty quickly.

EDIT: Oh - but generally speaking, it does take like two seconds to type “Busy with other tickets” in response to the last ticket I submitted during the round in question. I just got no response all round, and that concerned me. Then when I submitted that ticket in the lobby of the next round, I didn’t hear anything further than “Busy”. I dunno.

Dereliction of duty is absolutely a valid complaint against a head of staff if they were non-antag. Netspeak takes almost no time to look into and bwoink over, and is also against the server rules.

This right here. A conscious choice not to enforce rules is a potential problem, however Ocean Fish had their perms for less than two hours by this point so it’s highly likely they were caught up with more pressing matters or didn’t know how to delay round end to get to them.

They are almost certainly not familiar with pulling logs after the round ends yet - there’s only so much we dump on new recruits for day 1

Dude is a trial jannie for a split second, probably a bit overwhelmed with all the load. Ngl whenever I’m on MRP or accidently join it I think I’m on LRP, but that’s more of a player report kinda situation unless jannie is intentionally ignoring shit for whatever malicious intention.

Seems a bit petty bruh

2 Likes

Bro, it was his first day. It’s entirely possible (and quite likely, because the button is tucked away in a completely random menu) that he simply didn’t know where the button to delay the round end was.

3 Likes

bruh who hasnt said thx accidentally every once and a while if you really care point it out in looc dont ahelp because he said thx