- Apid - Human First name that starts with B, Flower last name
- Ethereal - First name is any celestial body or name that sounds like one, Last name is two capital letters.
- Felinid - Human names, preferably Asian.
- Human - Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child.
- IPC - Robotic Acronyms, Something that looks like a model ID, or otherwise a name fitting for something mechanical. Human names are not appropriate for IPCs.
- Lizard - Hyphenated names describing some action, or two part hyphenated names following Ashwalker (Saxhleel from Elder Scrolls) naming conventions.
- Moth - Look up the Scientific, latin name of literally any moth or make a name that sounds like a latin species name. Admin discretion may turn away certain actual moth names.
- Plasmaman - First name sounds like a periodic element, last name is Roman Numerals
- Squid - Any name that resembles a lovecraftian horror, or any human name that works by changing the first few characters to Squ-
- All races - Titles, nicknames and honorifics do not go in your character name. This means “Dr” is not your first name and quoted nicknames don’t go in the middle of official IDs.
fuck yeah time to name my character X Æ A-12
That name is the exact reason for this line lol
Jr. is not an honorific but an actual part of the name, would this be fine?
and clowns they get their own rules
Yes, because it’s actually a part of the name as you say
Clowns aren’t included because they don’t really have a naming convention at all. There are not many things you can name your clown that aren’t allowed because of the rules on it.
For apids, their first name has to start with a B.
I know, it’s a cringe naming system, I didn’t feel like having to make something complicated.
I didn’t catch on to that. Apids were one of the main focuses of posting this since there’s no relevant wiki information about them.
ngl shit happening right now is beyond cringe
Is this actually a real rule thing, or is it just an IC suggestion?
Tfw Kain is illegal in regards to these “appropiate” naming conventions.
Besides, names are effected by backstory. As a felinid raised in a lizard society might have a lizard name if it’s in their backstory.
Same goes for combinations with the rest.
Kain himself wasn’t really, raised, just experimented on. So he doesn’t have a proper name, just one he slapped onto himself. Cool kid style.
this sounds like a shadow the hedgehog oc
I WASN’T REALLY BORN, JUST EXPERIMENTED ON. I NEVER HAD A FATHER OR A MOTHER SO I ROSE FROM THE ASHES OF MY CHILDHOOD AND BECAME KAIN, I NAMED MYSELF IN THIS BITCH OF A WORLD
As an MRP player, fucking cringe what the fuck
here you go king, I narrated it for you
you doing this is unironically more cringe than what Kain said
To fit the actual thread: Someone on the discord mentioned that the Ethereal and Plasmeme naming system is very familiar, is there a possibility of it getting changed in the future?