Guide to naming your character appropriately for MRP

I would say the likelihood for radical change is pretty low; both species have existed for a very long time and both have also had their own naming conventions for quite a while too (they were two of the races with very clearly defined naming schemes even before this guide)

Maggot has suggested allowing Ethereals to name themselves two celestial names instead of one followed by random letters. That’s a change I’m not against since it stays pretty close to the original, though it goes against an established norm across other servers.

In the end though, many species have similar naming schemes as it is: Felinids, Apids and Humans all share human names.

We just gotta delete the whole thread now goddamn.

2 Likes

bro what the fuck, I’m not about to change my static name (which I think is pretty good) to some bs latin garbage moth name (which by the way are lame as hell). People can learn and remember “Floaty”. God knows I havent learned or remembered any moths with generic latin as their names. I remember the unquie statics, like crabus and mothball (though crabus ravus is an obvious joke).

Nicknames should be a valid thing to put down too. no one is coming up with nicknames to call you ever shift on the spot. honestly a ton of these are lame as hell. let people name themselves whatever they feel is appropriate, barring super obvious shitpost names

6 Likes

this is not linked on the rules page, reccomend it get linked

Trust me when I say you didn’t do the narration Justice on Kain’s behalf. His voice is freaking amazing like I’m not even in men’s voices but like I could listen to Kain talk forever. If you ever see him in VC at anytime hop in and just listen.

1 Like

Thanks for finally clarifying this.

Barely anyone pops into Bee VC from what I’ve seen recently.

Gotta ping me to join nowadays since that’s the case.

Can I put this on the wiki? Or somehow make it so that it’s linked to from the actual rules page?

1 Like