Drinsaneo Mentor Application

Your CKEY: Drinsaneo

Your Discord: doc Insaneo#5938

How long have you been playing ss13?: Since exactly 2019-08-28 18:04:49 for 452 hours as of writing this.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: My Mom, my Dad, perhaps the following: Miriam, Liidero, ValuedEmployee, among many others.

Game Experience (More Detailed): Before I settled in as a captain main, I experimented with medical, science, supply, civilian, and security and eventually I was able to be a head of staff in each. I am well versed and already use the wiki to supplement my knowledge of those fields. I also know many ā€œhiddenā€ tips which I learned from experience and experimentation. I also play (less frequently than here) on Colonial Marines, whatever fallout server is up this month, and occasionally skyrat (har har I know). I am also writing a guide on the ins and outs of being a captain/comdon which will serve to suplimant the existing guide.

face 1
cool pic of me

actual hours (semi baby I know)

4 Likes

tgmc is better smh

if the guide gets uhh, maybe around 10 votes Iā€™ll send ya a +1

overall I have nothing against you but I am horrible at writing questions so Iā€™ll wait for either the guide or answers to other questions

Shut up and have my +1

1 Like

Good hours, good vouches (mostly your parents), really cool pic of you, but riddle me these hypothetical mhelps!

1. I re-filled my plasma internals tank with room temp, pure plasma but Iā€™m still choking when I try to use it, what can be the reason? My backup tank still works fine.
  2. Is there a way to make stimulum without going through the whole plasma, tritium, BZ and nitryl hullabaloo?
  3. What are some ways to go faster on a wheelchair?
  4. How do I make multiple beneficial viruses stack?
  1. Did you make sure the tank is pressurized? The tank should be pressurized at 303.97 kPa.
  2. I am not entirely sure but Iā€™m afraid you have to do the whole shabang. (Perhaps you could buy it from cargo?)
    3.To go faster on a wheelchair you need to bully science in order to get a motorized wheelchair through research.
  3. as for this I cannot answer as I am not a viro player
1 Like

This is the kind of knowledge you only get to find out from playing plasmamen, but once you start choking due to lack of plasma, it will automatically start lowering the pressure output so it can last longer. It wonā€™t go up by itself again though, so you need to use in hand and press the little reset button on the pressure (back to 17kPa). I sadly had to learn this one the hard way once when there werenā€™t mentors on :v

The wiki page for atmos, on the stim section says ā€œFormed by combining Tritium with Plasma, BZ and Nitryl, then heating it. Also formed in high quantities by fusion.ā€. But this second is incorrect. Stim is no longer made during fusion, it mustā€™ve changed during one of the 6 fusion reworks (Iā€™m planning on editing the page when I get the time). So yeah, you do indeed need to do the whole nine yards.

Good! But donā€™t forget fire extinguishers make even normal wheelchairs go ZOOM in a pinch!

Thatā€™s alright, most people hate viro anyway, and all you need to know about it is how to cure a virus ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ. The virology wiki page is actually pretty good on this, and itā€™s good for at least learning the theory behind it. (But yeah, most viros just learn virology through other people who already know it or coded it).

Answers to the questions were alright. I suppose I did throw some hard ones at ya, but you never know what people are gonna be asking about. But since you still have good hours and I think the more mentors the better, Iā€™ll give ya a +0.5 (I can do that right?) For a T: 2.5. Iā€™ll probably bump it up if other people ask some questions :b

2 Likes
  1. I have captured and disabled a syndicate cyborg, is there a way for me to upload it new laws?

2. I try to turn on an APC, but the switches keep flipping back to ā€œoffā€ every time I turn it on, why?

3. How can I convince a slimeperson to jump into a pool?

1. You need to slave them to a/the cyborg upload. (Unless Iā€™m missing something such as changing the laws on the actual borg through hacking)

2. Check the power and the cell, is it out? If so, it is most likely not receiving power which you can temporarily fix by replacing the cell. If its blue its hacked by a nefarious force (Milf AI).

3. Ah slime biology, a specialty of mine. Cover them in a plastic bag and turn on internals so they donā€™t actually get wet. Tell them they can BECOME the pool if they can keep cohesion. Or you can take a page from my dad and just throw the slimy shit into the pool.

1 Like

Going to throw you some wildcards here:

How do you make ghetto space drugs?

A clown says he wants to eat the walls and asks you how it could be done. What do you tell him?

You get a rules question, and no admins are on. What do you do?

fuck the 10 votes, the amount of effort you put in the guide proves you actually want to help new players learn

+1

1 Like
  1. You can always ask the chem man or steal the board, every single one of them thinks they are Walter White. But the three things you need is sugar, mercury, and Lithium. You need a pestle for the last two, but you can find sugar in foods or on its own. IDK where exactly but I think batteries and other things you can find in maints can be grounded up. (Havenā€™t done ghetto chem yet, only sometimes real)

2. Pray to the gods for the power, or if you are a mere mortal, I would suggest deconstructing the walls, frying all parts of them, and then eating them.

3. Try and clarify if itā€™s a simple question, but if not, I would notify someone who gets paid more to come on through discord.

1 Like

Pretty Decent answers.

1. Go to church and make a mortar/pestle out of one or more pews. Grind up batteries from robo and analyzers from the autolathe, then add a hot cocoa from the cup vendor. Poof, Chocolate Flavored Space Drugs with yummy side effects!

2. You could also grind up the mats from the walls as well, which is what I do.

3. Generally the admins frown upon any answering, but in practice from what I remember, nobody was faulted for answering things with ā€œNo you canā€™t just plasflood, but donā€™t quote me on thatā€, but this was almost 2 years ago and in a different bee. I personally would not recommend any answer to be honest.

1 Like

A player I know wants to earnestly help others, and answers arenā€™t bad.

+1

T:4.5

1 Like

Both me bumping and chilling my other two posts:

Art of Captaincy, by Captain Sergeant Baron Gary Ulysses Johnson - Guides - BeeStation (beestation13.com)

Gary Ulysses Johnson/Drinsaneo feedback/roast - Player Input / Player Feedback - BeeStation (beestation13.com)

2 Likes
  1. How the heck do I move

2. How do I put TC into my implant?

3. How do I find an Ash Drake on Lavaland?

1 Like
  1. To get the moving, you need to first activate hotkeys ā€œtabā€ and then click the button in the top left buckle looking thing or press ā€œBā€ if hotekeys are enabled. Movement is on a WSAD basis.

2. To load TC into your uplink implant you need to put them into the physical implanter. To get the TC out you need to purchase raw TC. (been a while since I played tator and used the uplink)

3. Look for the ā€œFiery Signalā€ on the GPS. Good luck!

1. Ick, hotkeys. But right! But also thereā€™s the little resist button and the bottom right aaand arrow keys for movement, if a user desires them!

2. Right about getting them out, but apparently you can just slap yourself with TC when implanted to get them in, which is neat.

3. Yep!

+1, get in here.

T: 5.5

2 Likes

Honestly a delight to see in game, over all pretty good answers, and also itā€™s nice seeing a command main signing up as a mentor! Happily tossing in a +1

T: 6.5

Good.
26 day wait is long enough

+1

T: 7.5

1 Like

Been a full month, here is my updated hours as of 7/28/22

2 Likes