Dallen9 Admin Report (title was already used edition)

It’s…

literally on admin report, Bloons.

7 Likes

It feels like every jannie interprets the rules in their own way, and when it comes to ahelps and “long discord discussions” they have to somehow persuade the other admins into thinking that their interpretation of the rules is actually right, because what kind of fucking “long discord discussion” could possibly take THAT long when obvious valid kills like this that happen every single day on Golden

Just in case you’re actually serious, i was not banned. It is an admin report.

1 Like

ahem;

@Ruko

This would be ideal, but our rules and rulings are spread over about 3 places (Currently trying to get them into a single place).
I don’t expect an admin to know every single interpretation of a council ruling, only that if they are unsure they should clarify with other admins and get it figured out.
The ruling that you were bwoinked for is somewhat unclear.

Since you weren’t punished for this, I’m not sure why you made the report.

For transparency, here is part of the conversation in discord about it.

Because next time i kill someone like this, i’m going to get banned for it.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with players looking out and speaking for other players.

You’d rather have players only bring up issues that affect them and only the reporting player? Instead of speaking out and about an issue they saw happen to someone else, or that could repeat itself on the future?

also adding a “well but cap can give UNIQUE ITEMS to other players” is gonna cause issues, including but not limited to:

• Metafriend captain giving shit to metafriend assistant.
  • Traitors (Or literally just any powergamer) playing it off as “Oh cap gave me that!” but if Cap is either dead, braindead or both, you can’t corroborate the claim.
  • Players literally too afraid to stop a possible antag in fear of a bwoink.

Making the engineer CE would’ve solved the issue, but cap didn’t. And a BB got killed for it validly.

Why the fuck would the BB even ahelp it? He was antag, got caught with items, dead.
Or worse, did Dallen just saw that and bwoink @TottalyNotC just for shit and giggles?

Also why didn’t Dallen include the fact that the guy with CE’s boots was a BB?

4 Likes

can we just put the council rulings on the actual rules page to stop with all this bullshit ‘GOTCHA’ moments you might not be aware of because some ■■■■■■ discord council ruled on something

so many times ive had to tell jannies what im doing is valid and theyve asked me to point to ‘what council ruling’

I open up discord and scroll through pages of notes as assistants bumrush me, half an hour later I find the ruling, lying dead in disposals

‘adminhelp resolved’

4 Likes

Maybe promoting people to acting heads should be dis-allowed? Or acting heads should not be able to take unique items still?

bad idea, I say we honour the time honoured tradition of promoting someone to captain by giving it to the first person you see

1 Like

Also kinda found this while scrollin’ around, and ima sound like a broken record but;

The bwoink shouldn’t have happened for @TottalyNotC at all, he killed some dude who was valid (both antag wise and with valid shit on him) and the bwoink was really unwarranted. Cap still shouldn’t have given him the CE boots unless there was some dire need for them, or at least promote them to CE. He didn’t even mug the boots, did he?

I know that the main difference here is Sasukexsakura was just captain and not an antag, hence the bwoink (probably?), but why’d you bwoink someone for killing a valid guy? Even if the guy wasn’t an antag and still had cap’s “permission”, you can just lie and run away with them. It was an unnecessary bwoink, really.

Pardon the language and ranting.

2 Likes

Change that rule already. You should be only valid to the role (or departament) you stole from and security.

be me
antag tator
gotta steal CE’s boots and blueprint
wipe out engineering
no sec players
suddenly untouchable

It’s filled with loopholes. What if I tell HOP as an assistant to make me Atmos Tech so i can validhunt anyone with CE’s boots?

What if I get killed by someone who has sec gear and LOOKS like it’s sec but they aren’t? how can i realize that?

It’s a shitty rule tbh

1 Like

It’s filled with loopholes. What if I tell HOP as an assistant to make me Atmos Tech so i can validhunt anyone with CE’s boots?

Not a loophole, you changed your job.

What if I get killed by someone who has sec gear and LOOKS like it’s sec but they aren’t? how can i realize that?

IC issue.

suddenly untouchable

Pretty sure you would be called out on comms as a traitor and everyone would just attack you anyway.

1 Like

So all a validhunter assistant has to do is to change departments.

Or dress up as someone who looks like sec/that department.

Bold of you to assume that everyone would try to gang up on a tator/any antag just by calling them out, let alone on Bee.

I don’t wanna be rude but, do we play on the same server?

1 Like

Don’t want to spam this thread with responses that are not related to the report but:

So all a validhunter assistant has to do is to change departments.

You know what? If you manage to get your ID changed by hop on golden you probably deserve the outcome.

Or dress up as someone who looks like sec/that department.

fucking ahelp him dude, dressing up as sec doesn’t make you one

I don’t wanna be rude but, do we play on the same server?

Yes we do and sometimes antags can get away. Most of objectives you can put inside your backpack and stay untouchable. If someone is wearing a rare item (armor, gloves or boots) they are either going murderbone or aren’t traitors at all.

2 Likes

just gonna drop this here

this is ““ruko’s decision”” that was mentioned in the above discord posts

• simply having it makes you valid

• no one has ever asked how someone got something so it’s not going to be enforced (yes ruko actually said that read that whole thread it was full of autism)

• captain cannot give it to you, only the owner can (i.e CE would have to give him the adv. magboots), ruko said this too, read the post

beestation admins having a bunch of different interpretations of the rulings despite ruko saying they all completely agreed on that this ruling means “simply having it makes you valid”??? wow!!! what a twist!!!

fuck ruko honestly, this is what i was saying by admins can get anyone they want banned with the bullshit claim “the ruling has always been interpreted THIS way!” and if you try to say otherwise by literally reading what the fucking ruling says and seeing that it directly contradicts whatever BS the admin decides to spout to get you banned or to prevent someone from getting banned, you get labeled as a “rule lawyer”

“guys why is our playerbase so toxic towards us what did we do” GEE I FUCKING WONDER

4 Likes

Captain and Items
While the Captain is in charge of the station, this does not entitle him to job specific or hard to replace gear such as the Warden’s Krav Maga gloves, budget cards, the Head of Security’s energy gun, the Bartender’s shotgun, the CMO’s hypospray, etcetera.

I stand by this. Captain is not entitled to unique items. It’s necessary to promote someone to the job that is entitled to them to prevent confusion like this case. Captain screwed up here, and @TottalyNotC had no way of knowing that when they found the player walking around with a unique item.

Uniques will often be assumed stolen if not in possession by the player that is entitled to it, even moreso if the player that is actually entitled to it doesn’t exist because nobody with a right to the item could have given it to them.

Rue already said it about as well as I could. I’d rather see this brought up before it becomes an issue if someone sees inconsistency on this level, although it looks like it was handled in discord via discussion with other admins already.

3 Likes

Admins have a model position regarding rules. Even when no ban is dealt out, there was still a bwoink and discussion which shows a lack of knowledge regarding the ruleset (and that shit can take ages + you’ll get banslapped for not having the time to sit through 20 minutes of useless arguments) which shouldn’t have happened to begin with.

It’s better to bring it to light in case this happens again so there’s clear evidence of bad conduct. If you don’t speak up next time you’ll just get bent over the table for the same situation and when you bring up the past get told ‘‘Why didn’t you report it then’’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.