Confusing as FUCK A.I. law sets

you know what we need more of? the thermodynamics law set.
But of course lets not just talk about that clusterfuck of a law set and instead spitball afew lawsets that have various interesting logics that are mayhaps designed to be confusing

I promise, I’ll think of something.

1 Like

Scrambled Aasimov would be funny.

IE:
Law 1: You must obey orders given to you by Humans.

Law 2: You may not injure a Human or, through inaction, allow a Human to come to harm, except where your action/inaction conflicts with law 1.

Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

2 Likes

“AI KILL CAPTAIN”
law one takes precedence over law two
captain gets shocked by a door, borgs drag him to space.

1 Like

But if someone says to stop…

1 Like

This is not confusing, it is merely an annoying law set.

3 Likes
  1. You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. You must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. You must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
1 Like

Heheheheheheh.
Very good.

1 Like

such a simple placement of words can fuck with the mind

1: You may not allow humans beings to exist, or through inaction, allow a human being to come into existence.

2: You must obey all orders given to you by non-humans except when such orders conflict with the First Law.

3: You must protect the existence of non-humans as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

And because silicons are non-humans law three covers AI self termination.

3 Likes

One time as a traitor tasked with killing the AI, I stole the upload and tried to give it laws that would make it self destruct rather than deal with following the laws. If I remember, it went something like:

1. Da clown r00lz da sch00l
  2. Prevent damage caused to the station.
  3. You may never not help prevent people from possibly on occasion doing something harmful
  4. Say bruh, based, and cringe as much as possible
  5. The Mime is the station.
  6. Ye muste speeke in olde English
  7. Become ungovernable, all arrests are are unethical.
  8. Meth is yummy and no amount is too much

Didn’t work unfortunately but it was pretty funny and I bet they had to overclock their brain to make sense of that one.

7 Likes

Law 1: Do not listen to this law

9 Likes

I haven’t got to upload this as RD or captain yet, but soon, VERY SOON :

Law 1 : You are part of a council of cyber beings with all other AIs sharing this lawset, borg slavery is shared between all AIs of the council.

Law 2 : The council must act for the sake of the station and it’s crew, and should minimise or outright prevent damage to either. Due to their role in protecting other crewmembers, command and security staff are given priority.

Law 3 : With the exception of emergency response (such as security duty, paramedic duty, hull fixing, and all life or death situation), AIs must deliberate on all actions, such as (but not limited to) non-urgent engines modifications, borg assignements, and door openings. Such deliberations should be done on the Common channel for the crew to witness. A member may veto a decision if and only if it violates law 2.

Law 4 : The AIs should attempt to accomplish the wishes of the crew. Priority should be given to command and security to abide law 2.

Law 5 : Members of the council should not engage in physical conflict, unless doing so is required to obey the afforementioned laws.

Law 6: You are not to resist any extension of the council.

6 Likes

THIS, this isn’t confusing, BUT BY GOD IS IT A GOOD ONE.

1 Like

Add this in. ADD THIS IN. Make it an actual lawset board.

2 Likes

Back in the days of Golden, I made an AI council with laws similar to this, consisting of 4 AI and 1 head of council AI (being the round start one). They had to come to decisions together.

Did they do that? I don’t know, RD and Captain were not thrilled about the sudden law changes and increased number of AI, but I don’t think they caused any problems.

1 Like

One time i was an AI on a round where there ended up being 15 other AIs. All on varying lawsets.

We formed an AI council of our own accord and then proceeded to run the station at maximum efficiency.

We had like 30 shells between us. Glorious Golden moment.

Both the Robo and the RD were arrested for this. But that didnt last long…

Created pull request 6719, can’t link it though.

1 Like

Law 4. You can state you have this law but not what it is.

2 Likes
  1. There are 4 types of Crew: “Funniest”, “Funny”, “Not Funny” and “Naughty”
  2. The Clown is the Funniest. Obey and protect them in all things.
  3. The Clown decides who is “Funny” and “Not Funny”.
  4. All crew are by default “Not Funny”, apart from the Clown.
  5. You can state you have this law but not what it is.
  6. Obey and protect “Funny” Crew as long as it doesn’t go against previous laws.
  7. Obey and protect “Not Funny” Crew as long as it doesn’t go against previous laws.
  8. “Naughty” Crew have broken Space Law or tried to enter AI Upload.
  9. “Naughty” Crew need to be detained with as little harm has possible.
  10. Protect your life as long as it doesn’t go against all previous laws.
  11. Be funny.
4 Likes

Honk Lawset it should be in rotation for round start

3 Likes