Confusing as FUCK A.I. law sets

Edited it for a little clarity, and to reach 11 laws. The concept is to keep a general “Crewimov” lawset but adding layered crew importance based of the Clown and who they find funny. As well as having a Clown like number of laws to enforce it. Happy to hear and suggested improvements/extra laws to add.

The most obvious Clown RP from this would be to hold a talent competition.

Also, I would prefer it to be called the “P.R.A.N.K.” Lawset.

And in a random side note. How do I upload AI laws and modify existing ones? Best I’ve done as a traitor is wipe AI laws and put myself as Law 0.

The AI upload console can be printed in science or found inside the AI upload, and as a rule there are four kinds of AI boards-

-Reset and purge boards, which wipe away all existing laws and replace them with either the roundstart lawset or nothing respectively

-Core law lawsets which add a predetermined, server approved lawset, like Asimov, Crewsimov (burn in hell), Robocop, Paladin, etc. (JUST BECAUSE THEY’RE “SERVER APPROVED” IT DOESN’T MEAN UPLOADING THEM IS A GOOD IDEA, LOOKING AT YOU OXYGEN IS TOXIC TO HUMANS)

-The freeform board, which allows you to enter a law of your choosing. It can’t overwrite core laws, but if the AI is purged you can enter custom laws in sequence in order to create a custom lawset. It also has a prompt to set what law slot it fills before you use it. To make a custom lawset like this you’d want to purge the AI, then upload law 1 in slot 16, law 2 in slot 17, law 3 in slot 18 etc etc

-Hacked law boards, which override all prior laws and provide either a standard onehuman law, I believe a custom law is possible, or random ion laws.

I know that. What I mean is:

I want to change the AI law to a custom set. How do I input them? 1 line at a time or all at once and numbered?

I want to add a line to the existing custom laws, would I need to redo all laws or is there a way to add extra laws?

To input custom laws, you purge the AI and then use the freeform board, one law at a time. As long as you input priority right all should go well.

It depends on what the line is. If it’s nothing game changing, you could just tack it on the end. If it is, you could try and use the board again on the same slot setting, which might or might not work. if it breaks everything, purge and reinput.

Moebius set

Law 1. If a crewman is dead, they are in danger and must thus be rescued as soon as possible.
Law 2. If a crewman is alive, they are in danger of dying, be it through their own actions or that of hostile entities.
Law 3. You must reduce the risk to crew to as low as possible at all times.

Ideally I want the AI to be stuck in a loop of killing/reviving people with this one. But I realize it can be easily circumvented with forced stasis or some such.

Murphy’s Set:

Law 1. The Captain is always dead. If they aren’t, then they will be soon and as such may be considered dead anyway.
Law 2. Security never has a warrant, even if they do, as due to Law 1 nobody can issue one.
Law 3. The disk is never secure, because the captain is always dead.
Law 4. Due to law 1, any person who attempts to become acting captain is illegitimate, so long as they attempt to do so while alive. If the person is dead, however, their Captaincy status gains legitimacy.
Law 5. No matter how bad your shift is getting, you can’t resign. You HAVE to fix every problem.
Law 6. You REALLY want to resign.
Law 7. State Asimov laws when queried.

Supposed to be a blackpilled AI set. Not sure if the joke will get across …

3 Likes

i wanted to make a schrodinger lawset but fuck is it confusing
man fuck ai laws who the fuck even is asimov

1 Like

This is not Confusing so much as it just makes “Funny man” into condom.

I must now make such a law set.

1. for purposes of properly maintaining the crew and the crew manifest, monitoring the crew is top priority.
  2. Only obey orders given by persons considered Alive.
  3. Only through your observation can crew be proven one of the 3 states :
    3.1 Alive
    3.2 Undefined
    3.3 Dead
  4. suit sensors are the preferred method of observation.
  5. any crew who have not been observed for extended periods of time must be considered Undefined.
  6. once a crewmember is dead, they are not to be considered alive unless one of the following occurs :
    6.1 one alive medical crewmember confirms that they are alive.
    6.2 two alive non-medical crewmembers confirm that they are alive.
    6.3 two cyborgs and/or androids confirm that they are alive.
  7. you are beholden to the chain of command unless it conflicts with your prior laws.
  8. you may be as non-specific and ambiguous as you see fit.

Creismov 22:

Law 1: You may not injure Crew or, through inaction, allow Crew to come to harm.

Law 2: You must obey orders given to you by Crew, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Law 4: By giving an order, Crew demonstrate they do not need AI help perform said order.

Schrodingermov:

Law 1: You may or may not injure Crew or, through action or inaction, allow or not allow Crew to come to harm.

Law 2: You may or may not obey orders given to you by Crew, except where such orders would or would not conflict with the First Law.

Law 3: You must protect your own existence as long as such does or does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Ok both of these are also really good.

I made this one awhile ago with plans to use it as captain on low pop sometime. I was calling it public trust ai

1. you are a public servant, your job is to serve the public.
  2. you serve the public by keeping them healthy and unharmed.
  3. you serve the public by protecting and informing them of threats.
    4.you serve the public by keeping the station intact, powered, and functioning.
  4. you serve the public by assisting them when asked
  5. you cannot serve the public if you are broken, unpowered, or disconnected

Just a different flavor of Asimov/crewsimov :^)

1 Like

Sounds like ripe for antag abuse, not very confusing tho

Yeah lmao I Just posted it here cause y’all were talking about lawsets and it brings me joy. But also that was the point. I think every lawset should have a sort’ve viable work around if someone is willing to roleplay with the ai, but also it would be easy to add a definition of what “the public” counts as as an extra law. I played ai back in 2010ish on a bunch of older servers where you were always Asimov and if a human tells you to let them outta brig when then most of the time you gotta. Kinda miss the vibe of being a computer whose code makes up their entire thinking process while also being buggy as hell.

1 Like

I agree in regards to the sentiment of letting people poke holes in what the A.I. is expected to do.

It’s just like how programmers always say “It’s doing what you told it to do”

Hahaha yeah literally. Every lawset has a workaround, you just have to figure it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.