ReneAngel Mentor Application DLC

Your CKEY: ReneAngel

Your Discord: Cream#3976

How long have you been playing ss13?:

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: My playtime is a vouch.

Game Experience (More Detailed):

I know game rules decently well too if mentors even got those kinds of questions.

4 Likes
  1. Someone stole my reactive teleport armor, how do I make a new one?
  2. Mhelp: Why can’t I buy the Syndicate Pajamas?
  3. What does the Thermodynamic lawset do?
  4. Mhelp: My advanced energy gun has charge, but it goes click every time I try to fire it?
  5. Freeform question: You roll lone op, what’s your strategy?
  6. In 2-3 sentences, what is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
1 Like
  1. You need proper research done to craft an armor shell from science prolathe and you would need an anomaly core to put into it, i dont know if anomalies grant it different effects but if i had to guess gravitational anomaly core would be the one.
  2. never seen it myself ever, most likely not in beestation code or nuke ops restricted.
    3.its a law based around entropy of events, crew and station, its not really a bad law since it has crew protection in it.
    4.it doesn’t have a firing pin inserted or it has mindshield pin and you dont have a mindshield implant in you.
    5.lone operative, depending on how deep into round, would most likely go stealth, i’d take a stealth implant, desword or a revolver, some better combat armor and i’d improvise from what TC is leftover.
    6.Chocolate Because Delicious.
  1. The core needed to assemble teleport armor is the Bluespace anomaly core
  2. Good, tgcode exclusive
  3. Wrong, thermodynamic is a REALLY bad lawset. The text is as follows:

Thermodynamic

Law 1: The entropy of the station must remain as constant as possible.
Law 2: The entropy of the station always endeavors to increase.
Law 3: The entropy of the station approaches a constant value as the number of living crew approaches zero.

1. Good
  2. Solid choices
  3. Dead wrong

+1

1 Like

reluctant +1 since assistant hours are a bit low

2 Likes

Logically, between law 1 and 3, as the Entropy of the station must remain as constant as possible and the number of Living crew DECREASES consistency of that entropy, MORE DEAD CREW = MORE CONSISTANT ENTROPY.
Adding Law 2 to the Mix that the Entropy Always endeavors to increase, The longer you can have MAXIMUM Entropy the better.
How to achieve MAXIMUM and therefore CONSISTANT Entropy? Have NUMBER OF LIVING CREW = 0.

Long and short of it, You kill the crew to appease your laws.

3 Likes

it is a really confusing lawset to be honest.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe swapping law 2 and 3 around would be a good idea.
Is it a water tight well conceived Law set? Yes.
Is it Conducive to the station crew’s survival? VERY MUCH NO.

Why is it here? Flavor and Traitor Options, If you’re a traitor or Nukie and want to quickly subvert the A.I?
Pop in the thermo-dynamics law set and watch the A.I. go SCORCHED EARTH with the safety of the fact that you as a Nukie or Traitor (with mulligan and agent ID) are NOT CREW and therefore are excluded from the law set’s preview.

Funny questions time for Cream!

1. Plasmaman is dead, give me 4 possible ways of them being revived. (three of them are humane and one is not very). Cloning and podding do not count.
  2. The Doctor repaired all of the IPC’s damage, but it didn’t revive. According to him, the soul of the IPC is still here and they did not commit suicide. How to fix the problem?
  3. A completely healthy patient, there are no harmful substances in his body, his organs are in perfect order and he does not have any viruses or brain problems. But he still takes burn damage. What is the reason and how to fix it?
  4. Doctors bring a husked person to medbay, they said they found him in space. They do the usual unhusking procedure, but nothing happens, they try to clone the body, but it gives an error. What is the cause of the problem?
  5. The patient was placed in a cryo tube, it was set up and turned on, and the healing process began. But nothing happens, health remains unchanged. What is the cause of the problem?
  6. The doctors gave a heart transplant to a living patient, suddenly he starts to choke and get heart attacks. What did the doctors do wrong during the heart transplant?
  7. Oozeling works as an explorer. He went on a mission with his team and he decided to eat some donk pockets, all of a sudden he starts losing limbs and his blood level going down, what was the reason of that trouble?

Some of the questions are quite difficult, so it’s okay if you can’t answer them.

1 Like

not even a mentor yourself yet so i wont get any +1’s but good questions.

1.no clue about 4 ways, there are so few plasmapeople around that i wouldnt blame any doctor for not knowing what to do, first solution would be to place them under shower to operate, getting their brain out and placing it in another body is another way to revive them which i’d count inhumane.

2.brain surgery will fix the issue.

3.either hostile enviroment, a gas that he is inhaling is hurting him, or couple of good chemicals combined together produce something in his body that would cause burn damage.

4.brain has rotten, mannitol their brain to clone properly.

5.they are wearing armor that is cold insulated, or beaker in cryotubes ran out of substance.

6.possibly that the heart has also decayed and was not properly contained in an organ storage.

7.donk pockets contain water.

1 Like

Needs more doctor hours based on response to calictus, seriously

Also because you asked…

Exploration

1. As a Asassination target, how do you pilot the explorer shuttle without a Exploration ID.
  2. Name as many ways to gain exploration points.

Engineering
3. The emitter for SM isnt firing, how to fix.
4. Tcomms is max capped. How do you create a working tcomms.
5. How to uncog APCs

Cargo
6. Funny abandoned crate, how to open
Bonus question 7: Can i Emag this abandoned crate open?

1 Like
  1. disassemble control console and use multitool on the board to remove access lock.
  2. SM radiation collectors can be set to gain research points, obviously scanning things with discovery scanners, making a maxcap for discovery points, using experimentor and scanning strange objects.
    3.that can have multiple causes, it isnt wrenched, it isnt welded (basically placed incorrectly), wire is not connected to APC or to emitter, APC doesn’t have enough power to make emitter shoot or has equipment power disabled in them.
    4.i would most likely give them a link on how to build tcomms properly, its better to show than tell, but in any case they’ll need subspace recievers, bus mainframes, processor units, servers and subspace broadcasters. i’d tell them what they need to gather and then refer them to wiki page.
    5.by taking out APC battery and placing it back in.
    6.no clue, it is about hacking though as far as i know, you have couple of tries to open it and it tells you if you enter a correct number at the place (at least according to what i heard months ago)
    7.it will explode in your face.
  1. good
  2. Answers gotta be a bit more specific but i can partially accept this. Some of the answers give general research not discovery.
  3. Fair analysis, but i wanted you to provide an answer to create emergency power via pac-men or hot wiring another grid to sm grid. Because a player recieving the info wont be able to process it as well.
  4. You dont need servers for a basic working communications set up. You might get questions on how to link them so being able to answer them is important as Tcomms wiki is terrible.
  5. Good.
  6. Its a bulls and cows game.
  7. Good.

+0.5 needs more hours.

2 Likes

You can just put them on stasis to stop them from setting themselves on fire. Also yeah, that’s one was inhumane. Another 3 ways to do that were: Strange reagent, Revival or getting them a heart, so you can defib them.

Yeah, you can perform brain surgery, but even after that they won’t revive. Just take the posi brain out of their chest and stuff it back again. They will reboot right after.

Usually after events like a pyroclastic anomaly or something worse, poor victims that got caught by these, their body temperature rises. Sometimes it goes up to 5000K+. After reviving, the temperature hits in. The easiest and most proven way to fix this is to put them in a cryo tube, where the machine will cool them automatically, depending on how well your freezer is upgraded.

I needed to clarify what error exactly the cloning machine is giving, although one could guess from the fact that after the usual unhusking procedure they did not turn back to their previous form, which means this is a changeling victim.

Good! Sometimes doctors start to panic because even with the hardsuit removed they don’t recover in the cryo tube. And the reason for this is a dead liver, which cannot process chemicals.

Again, I needed to clarify that the heart is fresh. The problem is that when you do a heart transplant on a LIVING person, before inserting the heart, you need to squeeze it in your hand so that it beats again, then the patient will not suffocate and get heart attacks.

Almost good! Heated donk pockets do contain some omnizine, which hurts Oozelings.

As I said, the questions were quite difficult, but now you know a little more about medicine.

1 Like

i thought you meant unique ways to res them not basic ways…like plasmaman-only ways

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, emitters connect directly to cables, they don’t interact with APCs at all.

You are correct.

They are tied to APC Equipment setting, if its turned off, Emitters wont work at all.

Are you sure? I haven’t tried in-game to verify this again, but I did a more extensive codedive and can’t find a way an APC’s settings being changed could affect an emitter. As far as I know, emitters are completely independent of APCs and areas, and can work in space, since they just draw power straight from the cable.

Here is a link to the previous application:

Overall it appears you have improved in your behavior and addressed the previous concerns that were previously brought up.

Good job.

1 Like