Circuit cloning was grudge coded out lmao

the worst part about this pr is it delays my pr that actually fixes the problem instead of removing it

now i gotta put everything back in and put more effort into explaining why this is good for the game

i just wish these dumbass coders would hold off on changes to circuitry until i get to em

2 Likes

Chadpizza20characters

1 Like

Your PR isnt gonna get approved.

It’s already been approved in my heart, virginNPS

1 Like

ez fix: to stop people from blowing up/shooting at/injecting people with toxins/smoking toxins, we just made all the dangerous stuff require id like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FUCKING THING DOES IN THE FIRST PLACE

hell the gun one was already kinda in place since you needed to get a gun in the first place. now i just gotta wait for this revert that rogue said was going to happen. if it doesn’t, i’ll be sad

my longer-term plan:

• add back in the removed/nerfed circuits. telecomms intercepter, chem synthesizer, you name it. however most of these are gonna be id locked and will probably have their own counters
  • add back in circuit cloning, however it would be serverside “list of all saved circuits” instead of “c+p circuit here”. still allows people to only have to do the 10-hour private server circuit testing once per circuit, except you have to spend another round remaking it and then saving it (more of an inconvenience than it used to be but better than nothing), but it stops people from sharing circuits so people actually learn how to do it instead of ctrl c ctrl p. at the very least, they have to follow a guide
  • add a circuit research system. would be presented to the player as a hologram variant, you’d have a console to pick a challenge and a disposals pipe to put circuits into. people wouldn’t be allowed in. the circuit would automatically be triggered (maybe a button press or power cell input), possibly several times and with certain criteria depending on the challenge. once the challenge is done, you get a ton of research points and the challenge option gets greyed out so you can’t do it twice. this would allow players to both get drawn into circuits as well as provide a bit of “exampling”; you’d make a miner bot for a challenge and then you realize you can put it in lavaland.
2 Likes

nvm i checked github and someone’s doing exactly this :flushed: so i guess i’ll just team up with him, or something

still gonna make my current pr tho once the grudgepr is reverted

1 Like

I actually think researching series or sets of circuits would make some sense as well.

Say Atmos circuits. You would need to research the tech in order to get a disk to use on the printer. Ect.

Have all the basic circuits. But make it like how it currently is with the adv design disk.

i think it should just hook onto existing technodes. like if there was an rcd component it would hook onto “applied engineering” or whatever it’s called

1 Like

Agreed. I like that.

Bruh no changelog update either

1 Like

Yeah i notcied that.

The fucking speed merge, literally in 17 minutes.
@Francinum
Can you state why circuits were killed, despite being barely used?
You didn’t even follow the proper procedure such as saying Why it’s good for the game.

1 Like

The only people who grief with circuits are the people who know them in depth and know EXACTLY what they are doing. Your average greytider is much more likely to use some other method than an incredibly arcane and complex system only about half a dozen people truly understand. Plus there are easily methods of mass murder that arent fucking meth drones.

2 Likes

Plus, its incredibly easy to know when someone has an circuit imprinter since it A: Is fucking massive and doesnt fit in anything but a BOH. B: No one researches it unless they are doing circuits. And C: Printing it is fucking logged.

What am I supposed to make of what you said, I do not understand.

That because circuits are so niche, I should be ok with having them removed?
I’m not here to make weapons at all. I’m not going to say I wouldn’t try my hand at them, but I don’t really have any interest in circuit weapons currently. I’ve actually lost all interest in circuits, they take a long time to set up, let alone de-bug them and create them.

Also, why in the ever loving fuck would both reagents AND cloning be removed? This ““solves”” your problem (Which doesn’t even exist.) and then goes further ahead and completely kills circuits.

I…was defending you?

A better fix would have been locking the instant cloning under alien tech, or needing a head’s ID swiped to unlock the cloning functionality at all

RD’s ID would do just fine. Or just give the RD a cloning disk in his locker. :man_shrugging:

As i have said before. Just be glad we dont have Circuit Clothing. Flashbacks to gun chestplates

The irony about saying it was grudge coded out is that cloning removal is something people who want to save circuits will put forward

Cloning shouldn’t ever exist, if it’s required then the backend and interface of circuits needs changed