Botany rework sneak peek 3 - Strange Seed cycling

Since you can mutate a plant into its related mutation plant(check the last sneak peak post), Strange seed even can mutate into itself through the gene manipulation. This means mutating Strange seed into Strange seed.
You would think this is fucking strong because you can get a lot of seeds from a single unit of Strange plant. Yeah, you can get a lot of seeds. but there’s one restriction.

Each strange seed has its own cycle. Even if you mutate a lot of strange seeds, they’ll mutate into the same one as long as they’re from the same strange plant.
If I explain the process:

• You roundstart with 2 strange seeds - you need to grow two of them first.
  • You need to research 2 of them
  • You extract seeds.
  • You put 2 seeds into the gene manipulator - and mutate them.
  • A strange seed is now A+ strange seed
  • B strange seed is now B+ strange seed
  • So… A → A+ → A++ → A+++…
  • A+ has always the same chemicals, traits, and stats. A++, A+++, B+, B++ too. everything is the same.
  • If a miner brings new seeds, you get additional cycles to grow. (C, D, E…)

but if I implement this, I might need to nurf the strange seed how and where you can get from since I don’t want the hydroponics to be full of strange seeds growing. it would be something like low chance to spawn in lavaland.

(It’s already completed in my code. I just need to think about the balance.)

1 Like

Isn’t there a strange seeds crate in cargo? Would seem trivial to get them if so.

yes, you can order strange seeds from cargo, and that’s what I am thinking to nurf.

1 Like

I agree. Cycling is already stronger than what we have, and having like two orders enable even more cycling is gonna get really close to the old power level.

Is that a bad thing? I’d say no tbh, since the real problem was always in the easily rushed shit like nettle and lemons.

However making the stronger, cycling seeds more miner reliant is cooler than just making a cargo botany meta.

Real issue is what do we do with the restock unit orders? Those are also technically extra strange seeds…

Hold back on nurfs untill feedback from people testing?

we can check it while it’s testmerged.

there are 4 strange seeds spawning way

1. Hacking vendor: 2 seeds
    I don’t like we always should hack seed vendor so I will remove hack seeds (I mean they’ll become normal seeds), but also I might need to remove strange seeds from it.

2. Cargo exotic crate: 2 seeds
    This will be repriced. I am thinking 1 seed and 5,000 credits.

3. Lavaland
    If I touch above, this will be something I shouldn’t touch.

4. Roundstarting: very a few stations roundstart with a strange seed
    Since I removed strange seeds from 1, It would be the best way to give strange seeds - but also I should give strange seeds to lifebringers too.

Yeah it’s about 1. Ordering botany vendor resupply units lets you replace the old ones and get 2 extra seeds.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.