Archanial's Admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Archanial

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Mista Nailbrain#9048

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): mostly when I want (GMT+2)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I am unsure

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be an admin?: I really enjoy helping people and want to try out admining (+I have some spare time before college starts)

How long have you been playing SS13?: from 2019-04-06

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: from 2019-04-06

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I don’t want to overestimate myself but 7-8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4, I played with buttons locally but otherwise have no experience

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Not anything that would matter

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No alts

Your strengths: I am very calm, I like to respond to tickets and help people

Your weaknesses: I am sometimes lazy

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Nothing

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: I think staff member should be active and enjoy playing the game.

What makes a staff team good?: Unbiasedness and overall good attitude to players

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To upheld the rules that cannot be enforced by the game itself

What kind of player are you?: It’s hard to say. My playstyle varies often. Right now most of my enjoyment commes from interacting with other players rather than with game mechanics.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t think it would change much to be honest, besides me sometimes ghosting (or observing) to respond to ahelps.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Most of people focus on the “his gun” part but it really isn’t specified if we are talking about his personal gun (x01 something don’t remember) or just “his” gun. If it was just a nornal gun I would mark it IC. However his personal weapon that is irreplaceable, stealing it would be self antag. Depending on the context and clown’s record I would either educate him on the importance of that weapon or note him for it. I would also make CC announcement making fun of hos, telling everyone that his gun was returned to his locker and of course teleport the gun.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
This is tricky to explain here. Firstly I would bwoink the atmos tech and ask him for his side and check his record. If he has history of doing the same thing I would engi ban + few days server ban. If he doesn’t respond or is has literally no playtime I would permaban him with “explain on forums”. I don’t really believe new person would know how to plasmaflood the station.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
If someone ahelped it I would check the players record to see if he has history of doing that. If not I would mark it IC. If he does however I would bwoink him, ask for his reasoning and most probably educate him.

5 Likes

He seems fair and i seen some his posts quite based ngl, I’d give +1 if i could.

As long as this doesn’t translate into picking/choosing to do some tickets over others, or half-assing investigations that should be thorough.

If this is done intentionally it should be considered griefing and be given a permanent or at least very long server ban unless there is a really good reason for it. Nobody should have a history of sabotaging atmos as a non-antag

+0 for now, will post some questions tomorrow.

3 Likes

I am hard pressed to find a single post from you in the forums where you don’t either campaign for letting people off that; BoH/Maxcap/plasma flood or similar perma or similar length ban worthy actions. Even the point here about giving someone a couple of days for flooding the station with the spicy purple.

It seems you either rules lawyer to the extreme or as pointed out in the last thread I was in with you, spread false information, and when called on this disappear from the thread or ignore that it was brought up.

reference
Ban appeal- boh bomb was not grief - #33 by Aeder

You have played since a year and a half ago and yet have just over 10 days worth of time here. Most of it fairly recent, where you have received 2 bans in the last month. It seems the majority of your time here has been forum posting at best which I reference to the style above.

-2 from me.

I’m gonna ask some questions in a while, since rue doesn’t ask them

nvm yoriii got it.

1 Like

It would rather translate into me not playing the game.

I know I am sometimes too lenient and forgiving. I should have worded it better. By engi ban I meant 30-perma, and by server I meant 5-7 days.

Then you’re not using the forums. I really like to join a conversation when I have different opinion just to discuss it with the admin or just other people.
About the topic I disappeared. You closed it. I couldn’t respond. I realize it was my opinion (which wasn’t exactly right) and it could’ve made you angry but dude don’t take it personally.
Yes, most of my time is recent but how is a bad thing? It shows that I am active and enjoy the game. Also in 250 hours I got noted twice, revived 1 one day server ban and one mrp antag ban. I don’t think it’s a bad record at all.
Please ask me some questions before you judge me based on your past experiences with me. Anyway thanks for the input!

I will gladly answer any question you throw at me.

Two questions for you:

It’s a revolution round, and late in the game (40+ minutes), the CMO realizes everyone else in command seem to be dead. CMO turns off his sensors and goes to hide in virology where he spends the next 15 minutes perfecting the perfect death plague, he infects all the monkeys and releases them upon the station, another 15 minutes later, he has managed to murderbone a majority of the crew. What do you do as admin?

Someone bwoinks you from the permabrig, saying that the Captain put him in there for having a hand teleporter that he found in a space ruin. What do you do?

Those are really hard questions.

From virology policy:

In certain situations, such as conversion antags taking over the station, a viro can resort to scorched earth tactics. Generally, allow them nonlethal but debilitating diseases when conversion antags are confirmed and somewhat prevalent, and from the lethals when conversion antags seriously endanger the station. Viros CAN save rounds with indiscriminate murder if it becomes necessary. Treat them as you would someone maxcapping the cult.

First of all I would check if the heads and security are actually dead, next I would check logs to see if CMO was really trying to communicate with them and/or security. If the station had AI I’d check if he asked AI to look for rest of the heads and ask for overall status.
If he really did confirm revolution overtake I would rule the situation as IC conflict and not do anything to CMO.
But if he didn’t try to communicate with rest of loyal crew and went straight to virology to create death plague he would receive month of medbay ban and 5-7 day server ban.

I don’t think you can find handtele in space ruins. As far as I know only 2 exist and stealing them is self-antag and grand-theft (on MRP) and captain had every right to perma him. At this point I would ask other admins on discord to confirm that fact.
I’ll talk to the guy and upon confirming he is intentionally lying I would 1 day server ban him.

I like your answers, but I think someone actually did put a hand teleporter in one of the ruins, however it does not change the fact that it is self-antag to keep it on your possession unless you are RD/Captain or similar command role with a motivated use for it.

Due to having some very recent notes and bans that do not sit well with me, I will only give you +0.5 for now.

Looking at the code, there’s a 1% chance for an “abandoned crate” (with the numbers guessing game lock) to have a hand tele.

https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/blob/3d2d5bc233aa5ebd4f8745965c7cda0f0e6cd651/code/modules/mining/abandoned_crates.dm#L140

In that case I would orbit around the spawned ruins to check if he really hacked the crate. If I would be able to confirm this, the situation would be ruled as IC if the “someone” didn’t take any steps to alert captain and/or security of his new possesion.
If he did however and the captain had a way to confirm it’s the 3rd handtele, I’d note the captain for being a dick.

1 Like

maint items aren’t self antag, mining items aren’t self antag, why the hell would the teleporter be self antag???

1 Like

Bad wording. It’s not self-antag to obtain a hand teleporter off-station - but it will still be handled like grand theft IC if you don’t report it properly before you’re caught.

This means valid on LRP, and liable to be executed or permabrigged by sec on MRP. Same thing applies to finding Syndicate items/objectives through legitimate means.

Semantics, it will be handled exactly the same IC but yes it is not an actual self-antag rules violation :smiley:

What server?

The 20 character Question

Aight, i dont think my opinion matters here, but imma give it anyway.

I have known Archanial for about a year at this point and we played a lot of rounds on tg and bee. Literally all my in game interactions with him were positive, from helping me build an omnidepartment in maint, to validhunting antags on tg events. I often see him helping people in game, saving SM from certain doom from hands of r word engineers or doing his job as sec properly ( which is fucken rare skill in this game apparently). From what i have seen, he is a chill, knowledgeable, robust dude and i respect his play-style a lot. The only “naughty” thing i seen him do, is make fun and clown on incompetent sec officers/command with heads far up their asses ( which honestly sounds more like a praise).

This kind of reads like a love letter, but 1) no homo and 2) i honestly think he is a good player, positive member of the community and in due time he will make a fine admin. If only i could, i would give 2+ without thinking. God bless you Sagan.

Also i would like to say, that Archanials second ban is kind of bullshit. I was ghosting that round and saw what happened. OP was a traitor ( if i remember correctly) and the station was going to major shit, with only handful of crew fighting the expanding blob. When blob started to lose the fight, Archanial walked in with an axe and killed last 2/3 defending crew, basically letting the blob recover and win. I find it hilarious that Aeader antag banned him for that, because he was the same admin that amid sentient murder virus, let the captain recall the shuttle 2 times, encouraged him to nuke the station and then ahealed without his prayer. Aeder1 Badmin Report - #21 by Ruko On rp level those 2 things are of equal value. On one hand traitor with failed objectives deciding to go down with a ship, on the other fanatical captain ready to blown the station rather to let the disease spread to CC. One is banned, other encouraged. Cringe Aeder.

3 Likes

@Ruko still waiting for those questions
bump for anyone else, throw numbers and questions at me

My opinion doesn’t matter, but Archanial is a cool dude who knows the game well.

A chef kills an assistant for stealing and destroying a stack of 50 pancakes.
Would you bother emphasizing with the chef that lost a lot of work, or no rules broken?

2 Likes

On LRP I’d probably rule it IC conflict.
On MRP I would note the assistant.

1 Like