Add atmos interactions and reactions to Circuit Tanks

they did that
people used it to make bombs that could tear the entire station asunder with a few moles of plasma
they removed that

1 Like

then just… use the max cap limit

the one that we use for toxins

the one already in the game

should we have removed toxins instead of just capping it?

while the following text is really unhelpful for discussion
When You Code It
code one
either of them
i really don’t care

There are ways to bypass this.

1 Like

ahem

okay cool now it requires access to use these incredibly dangerous and unlogged components to exploit the atmospherics system for bombs capable of turning the entire station back into empty space at once yay problem solved

you know i meant coding it to use the max cap limit not locking the exploit behind something that;s hardly an obstacle right

i meant i was coding it in general dipshit, there’s not even an atmos feature in there. it’s just the reagent and grenade primer that got removed by a (recent) pr

maybe next time read the pr instead of slinging insults

what insult.
also
what insult please point it out to me
also

this is my point
this is a discussion about atmospherics features in circuits specifically
i was saying that atmospherics circuits needed some tweaks before being allowed
you proceed to link a tangentially related PR that doesn;t even help the point being discussed

I would like to ask a question.

Has this ever happened? I dont care about circuits anymore really but this is a genuine question. Has this ever actually happened? Or did someone figure it out while testing on a private server?

i don’t think so, it might just be another exaduration.
but i do know that people could and would rush circuits to make flat 50k research bombs with little skill or effort
and this was after fastmos, where AFAIK normal 50ks are impossible
and given that it’s flat 50k the bombs are probably stronger than a 50k research bomb
so
well
they were powerful
how powerful? IDK but definitely too powerful.

Awhile ago, i think sometime during the summer, i watched a scientist make a 56K circuit bomb on Lavaland. Within an hour, there was an immediate cap on the bomb size limiting it to something like 10k.

oh well problem solved.

what about the rest of it.

No clue. Only way i know a rough estimate about the size limit is because i watched the same scientist who did that bomb try the exact same thing and it only gave about 10k points and was not very explosive. About the size of a normal syndiebomb i believe. So not exactly a 50ker.

are you hallucinating? bruh

i made a comment about atmos in circuits. you told me to code it. i told you i was coding circuit shit already. you yell at me that it’s unrelated because “but it’s not the thing i want RIGHT NOW!!!11!!1!1!”

where did i degrade your personal qualities or those of people close to you?
where did i actively try to attack your personal beliefs or accomplishments?
where did i imply you were unstable, or otherwise not mentally sound?
where did i compare you to something i believe to be lesser?
to me those things are insults, and only those things

Maybe i’m just too chill and can’t recognise when i’m offending someone. So whoops on my part. Sorry about that, can we stop focusing on it?

The other stuff:
well yeah it’s not the point of this thread. This thread is about atmos circuits. I asked when you were going to code atmos circuits. You link to a thread containing not atmos circuits. I point that out.
Also the when you code it was mostly a joke in the first place.

I was also at least partially implying you should delete toxins because “muh circuits” which i think would be really funny to watch so yeah please do that it’d be fucking hillarious

My Actual Thoughts:
If I were you i would stop talking about how “I’m totally gonna fix circuits by making basically no changes guys”, knuckle down, and actually fix the damn job. If you like the modular machines part of the job, the planning and creativity, there’s plenty of ways to make that work. It’ll take effort, and time, and getting over yourself to do, but it can be done.

If you just want to powergame with no checks and balances and whine like a child to anyone that’ll listen when your toys get taken away, xenobiology is always welcoming new converts.

sorry for saying what i actually think. I’m gonna leave that in though because i think it’s what you need to take to heart. Have a good day.

wiki drop to xenobiology in case you decide you’re a petulent child
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Guide_to_xenobiology#Crossbreeding_Chart
also my guides because i’m feeling like being a bitch and what’s more cocky and hubristic than self promotion

lmao yah

thought of making a joke pr on april fools that was “remove circuits, and everything else as glitchy and abusable as it” where i just delete the entire server. didn’t cause i already had pr and idk how to do several prs at once

i’m trying to keep my pr’s small because

a) there’s already a plan for a big pr
b) i like making small changes, it motivates me more
c) i want maintainers to see progress before they speedmerge a full deletion

atmos code is fucking awful to write and circuits + atmos is a disaster

it wasnt just that

it was also 0 effort research bombs

1 Like

emergent gameplay