A bit of a vent off

Where were you when shadow government formed on 2d spess men game?
I was playing 2d spess men game then announcement rang.
gamer words are kill. no.

12 Likes

No matter the state of LRP I believe we should keep it up even if it has a lesser population. This is where newbies should be encouraged to go and to learn and grow as players. Then they can make the choice of which server they prefer.

Perhaps the lower pop on LRP can even be seen as a blessing, as they gives those very same newbies a much larger chance in getting the role they desire to play and learn where MRP that is less likely. LRP dedicated players can help guide these players and be doing not only Bee but the entire SS13 community a favor by helping this players grow.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s not that fun trying to satisfy manbabies that only want to start drama for the sake of it. Sad thing is, most of the dumbasses that do start drama don’t even play here.

4 Likes

You have no obligation. Half of LRP wants your head on a stick. Some metaphorically and others literally. Personally, could care less other than the utter lack of faith available here regarding it. If you call it quits and say you simply don’t want to support the LRP community, they’ll be more than fine to look for alternatives. But for the love of God at this rate you are killing LRP by shooting at it’s foot repeatedly.

The LRP players you want don’t exist here, and not much can change that.

8 Likes

Pre-sseth was pretty drama free. (It was also fairly player-free so there might be some correlation there) However drama is part-and-parcel of any online group, its a mere matter of moderating it.

Oh hello I came to make my bi-monthly post or whatever before fading once again into non-existence. As a former headmin and long-time member before this mess:

We should’ve learned from that time Kev rebased to paracode that going from LRP to MRP is a sloppy mess as audiences don’t just change to accommodate to whatever you feel like doing. Which is fine but strong-arming the rules and abandoning the thing that got your audience in the first place cause a vocal portion demands it guarantees friction.

It’s an open secret @Crossedfall thought about jumping from bee and hosting his own thing. Which would’ve been more respectable, I jumped ship and getting called a spite-community by people I don’t care about anymore is not a bad trade-off for working with a community I actually enjoy working with. If you wanted to go do your own thing I think that would’ve been a lot less stress for everyone (ok maybe not everyone but I’d respect the effort to forge your own audience).

However bee also started MRP pre-sseth and devolved to accommodate the new players, however the direction of this return to standard has been less than stellar, both from a former insider perspective and looking out-from-in now considering many old faces have since left entirely. Honestly Bee has had an identity problem long before it was popular, only now that problem is manifesting in a rift between staff and players. Which is a big yikes.

TL;DR LRP downstream codebase/community when.

6 Likes

You walk along and find an old well.
It’s your well, you built it, long ago.
When you lean over and peer down into it, you notice it’s empty.
There’s no more water. Gone from times past.
You toss a coin and listen to the clinks. No splash.
Only small clinks, reminders of what once was.
As you take a step back and look at it once more,
you notice some moss and mold.
But that’s fine, it’s theirs now.

Bye, Rue, it’s been a good one.

2 Likes

lrp gang should branch of and host their own server

I think they did.

friday night prime time and LRP has 2 players

lmao F

1 Like

we’re at 30 right now bruh

And fragment the community even more? What’s the point?

Removing users that obviously doesn’t want to be here, reducing admin burnout, removing a lot of whining, gamer word debates (which to this day i can’t really understand how people care this much)

It will never fully work because you’ll just get members like myself who would stick to Bee and just stop playing LRP altogether. Then that splinter server would just flounder and die.

Plus there are a ton of stresses to running servers. Realistically most people can’t do it from home. Even if they can and have good internet it’s only a matter of time before their server is hit with a DDOS. My gigabit connection for example would be crippled by this. Using a VPN is a major bottleneck itself and would only serve as a temp solution at that.

So server rental is the only reasonable method. Problem is this itself is costly. Most of the users will never donate a dime. That’s just the sad reality of game hosting when it comes to games that let players run privately owned servers. Go ahead and look for yourself on how costly it is. So the reality is very few people in comparison to the grand total help pay for the costs. This splinter group isn’t going to stand much of a chance.

Just how bad is it? Well, Boomer which is a break off of earlier Bee has over 100 discord members. $20 collected from 4 Patreon donators and a whopping 1 person on the server at 5:38 EST. Just to be clear this isn’t Boomer’s fault and in no way meant to be an insult. This is how hard it is to run a server and no doubt the owner is eating the rest of the costs for this every month. Boomer has some great people as members too and good for them for sticking out this long. But a new splinter from Bee just will have zero chance.

TL:DR It stands no chance of reaching a decent population, would be expensive, and unlike Boomer wouldn’t be getting quality people as those still here and vocal now are often well… not the cream of the crop.

and it ain’t even close to being night, hell it’s barely even evening if you can call it that

Honestly though you’d have to pay me to host SS13 or any byond game. No way in hell is that spaghetti code secure. Fallout 76, and hell, even BFBB Rehydrated probably have more secure code and protocol.

Depends on timezone bruh

Eeh, there was still drama. Even before you came along. The issue is that drama scales with your audience. No amount of moderation can really help with that. C’est la vie

You say that like it wasn’t a very recent development. :thinking: Regardless, I’m but a single cog in this machine… Things would have pressed forward pretty similarly even if I wasn’t here.

That… Is not true. It started as a tiny community of friends. It wasn’t MRP or LRP, it just existed as a thing and accommodated whatever we currently wanted. The rules (what little existed) and everything like that made it out to be a lot more friendly towards LRP.

I can’t really disagree with you here.

We already have a few. None have beaten out Golden as of yet, but they are still out there and we do support them. Even after these changes and people crying that Bee LRP is dead, things are still kicking and players are still enjoying themselves. At the end of the day, that’s what matters. Even have an upwards trend in players post-changes.

2 Likes

Petty drama aside, that graph is pretty interesting. I’d like to see it go back further though.

Skullnet doesn’t track that far back, but I could generate my own if you give me a bit.

Skullnet uses the number of players reported by the hub. For the below, I’m doing a unique count of ckeys for Golden, using access logs as a way to track when players connect. Each bar represents a day (dropped today since it’s incomplete)

Edit: Got a thread for data requests and such now if anyone wants more Server population graphs and other data requests

2 Likes