Zane Blake/Victor Pride Player Report

Title: Zane Blake Player Report

CKEY: TheMaggotGuy

Your Discord: The Maggot Guy#3950

Offender’s CKEY: I Don't know, another player report lists Victor Pride as playing Zane Blake but I don't know

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Zane Blake

Date: (03-21-2020)

Round Number: 13717

Rules Broken: 2 (Be Excellent to Each Other), 3 (You Must Roleplay, Your character is a grown adult working on a research station for a major company. You are a professional. Act like it.), and 8 (No Powergaming). Arguably broke 4 (Don't Self Antag) and 12 (Heads of Staff Conduct)

Incident Description: I was the warden that round, Taurus "Orion" Kuiper. I was in the open area in front of the HOS office where the autolathe is for some mats to build a barrier at the Brig doors, when I see a slightly differently dressed (but still standard sec gear) dressed Sec officer walk in. I examine him, see a PDA, or ID or something saying "Security Officer". All of a sudden, he opens up the highly secure doors to the HOS's stuff. This is literal trespassing, so I tell him he can't be in there. He claims to have been promoted to acting hos, never said by whom the entire round, and that he was "securing the HOS stuff". I tell him to leave and he reiterates that "he has access" and that he "was promoted". There are several problems with this, and I point out that "access does not imply authority", but he barges into the HOS's bedroom and starts yanking stuff like it's Christmas. First of all, you can't promote someone to HOS when the warden exists. That's like the RD declaring someone as Cap without telling the HOP and acting like it's fine. Second, as Warden, I outrank everyone in the sec team besides the HOS himself. He directly ignores my order, and instead of saying "captains orders" or asking whoever promoted him to say it's fine on the radio, he just calls me a retard and starts stealing highly secure equipment.

At this point I try to arrest him, and successfully cuff him, but instead of sitting still and waiting for everything to work out (because we’re literally on the same team) he calls me a retard again, breaks out of the cuffs, and stun/cuffs me instead. This is when the real HOS arrived to the station. Does he put what he has taken back? Does he stop stealing? No, he fully gears up in HOS gear when the actual HOS didn’t respond. While dragging me to a cell, he literally picks up a box of donuts and throws it at me like a ̶t̶o̶d̶d̶l̶e̶r̶ mentally stable leader.

Eventually the HOS physically makes it to the brig. He frees me and appeases the guy by letting him go explore space, then tells me I did a good job. Because it’s in text I wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic so I asked him if he was fine with Zake taking all of his gear, to which the HOS replied, “no,” and called Zane Blake insane. (Something about some people existing in this world that have deluded themselves that they are the good guys, idk, but he did directly call Zane insane).

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Gimme the gun please.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “That is not your stuff.”

Zane Blake throws the X-01 MultiPhase Energy Gun.
Raised-by-Lizards says, “Okay.”

Raised-by-Lizards puts the X-01 MultiPhase Energy Gun into the leather satchel.

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper attempts to remove the handcuffs!
You attempt to remove the handcuffs… (This will take around 1 minute and you need to stand still.)

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Thanks.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Go ahead.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “You see Warden.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Some people are delusional.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “At least they have delusions of being a good guy.”

Raised-by-Lizards shakes Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper’s hand.

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Good work.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “…thank you sir.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “We’ll get him eventually.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Do you care he has your stuff.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper manages to remove the handcuffs!
You successfully remove the handcuffs.

Raised-by-Lizards says, “I’ll label him as insane.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Yeah I do.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Ok good.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “He took my headset too.”

Raised-by-Lizards says, “Keep me updated.”

OOC: Hassanira: I remembered donut station and got ptsd

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Of course.”

At this point, with the HOS’s implied approval (literally saying he doesn’t like Zane taking his stuff and that we’ll get him at some point) I go and set Zane to arrest, and detail his crimes. Theft of full and secure hos gear, and ignoring a direct order from a superior. Immediately he starts whining about it in the chat, and complaining to the point that the Captain has to tell him to stop (which he ignores). Being Sec, he unsets himself from arrest, and when I set him to arrest again, he literally deletes his own security record.

The captain tells me to take him off arrest, which is when I discover that he deleted his own record, and tells the hos that he can’t arrest Zane. Eventually he gives the real HOS his stuff back, only after the cap ordered him to (which I did not notice at the time), I disadvise the hos meet with him (to which I get called autist again), after which I do not see him again until the Nukies arrived.

Now, Zane was the first I’d heard about the nukies, so I immediately distrusted that there were actually any nukies on board. The armory was open to the locker rooms (I think he had ordered the AI to do it) and so I was dealing with regular sec just loading up on lethal gear without a threat (that I knew about, because watch armory and watch brig are the literal only 2 things I’m supposed to do as Warden). So you know how only the HOS, Cap, and Warden have access to the armory? Turns out Zane kept his fun card instead of getting it back to a regular sec card, and id opened all the doors to the armory, thus breaking in. I try to stop him myself, but he has some “strobe shield” thing that prevents me from leg sweeping him or something and he cuffs me. I try to order the other officers to stop him, but they say “He’s the HoS.”

I attempt to report his behavior to the admins, but I get told to talk to the real hos about it (which goes nowhere as the hos isn’t at the brig and talking over the comms is doing nothing) and eventually try to get the officers to return their lethal gear saying, “Please return to sec and give back your riot gear and lethal weapons. there is so far no proof of nukies.” at which point I realize there are nukies due to a bunch of unrelated (to zane) nukie sightings. The reason I was so hesitant is mixing sec with lethals is hardly ever a good idea, and there are always people shouting “THIS OR THAT GUY IS A LING” or “WE GOT REVS” etc over the chat, and I assumed Zane was doing this to get more power and get some weapons. It turns out I was wrong in this case.

I try to explain over comms to the rest of the crew what Zane is doing, but the captain tells me to shut up, so I stop talking about it. After that, nt much happened between us until the emergency shuttle. The second that the shuttle launched, one of the sec officers got up, and shot me with her armory looted combat shotgun saying, “Warden is a syndicate spy!” “Warden is a spy because they tried to kill the REAL HoS!”. They and another sec (not actually Zane this time) proceeded to beat me with their batons and cuffed me to the evac shuttle chair.

If anyone wants the actual logs I copied them to a notes file. Feel free to ask me about specific parts and I will copy the log for you.

Additional Information (AKA why this guy needs to be looked at by the admins): EXTREMELY unprofessional behavior. He called me "Retard" or "Autist" 11 separate times over the course of the shift, and railed the other sec officers against me to use lethals on the escape shuttle before round end. When faced with an IC problem, instead of handling it with calm civility, literally started throwing things and used middle school insults like a baby throwing a tantrum. At one point he *literally deleted his own records from the manifest*, thus abusing his power. This guy does not need to be in ANY position of power, let alone sec, because he is far too immature, far too spiteful, and far too inflexible to handle any sort of problem with any degree of sensitivity.

This also happens to be the guy who lead sec into that massive war between the AI and the Sec department that one time where he and others destroyed borgs for trying to make sure there was no harm and he mutinied against the captain

Edit:
I think I need to clear up a couple things real quick: I know from personal experience that Sec officers can still be an antag role, Devil, which is a large part of why I was so resistant to him getting those high security items. I also did not realize that the warden has no authority over the other sec members outside of what happens in the brig/armory itself, which is why I assumed I could give him and them orders. As I don’t play the heads of staff without having at least a fairly firm grasp over what goes on in my department (hence why I was playing warden even though I have over a hundred ours on beestation alone) I didn’t realize that the HOS items even needed to be secured. I hope that goes to explain my point of view a bit better, and why it’s necessary for there to be cool-headed people in these roles that aren’t quick to throw things, arrest and discredit whoever they disagree with.

Edit 2: I finally tracked down the round ID

reeks of metagrudge
this report is SEETHING with hate

i feel like you’re doing this just to spite zane, not because you actually give a shit about the rules

3 Likes

I could care less how people act in different rounds.
The only reason I remembered he was the guy who lead the Sec rebellion that time is because I spent several hours making a meme about that round with the quote of him saying “do your fucking job” to me as I got robusted. I just don’t want a guy this inflexible and unable to solve an issue IC to be in a position where they could abuse the system or leave others to suffer under shitsec. I mean, looking back at the logs it seems like the cap was the guy who promoted him, and if he’d actually said that, and then gotten the cap to confirm, I would’ve been more or less okay with it the promotion. Even aside from that, even if he’d kept the gear and the access and the cap said it was okay, I wouldn’t put up a fight. But he didn’t try to defuse at all, he just escalated the situation and called me a retard, which is extremely immature and not at all how a head should act.

And weren’t you the cap that round? Can you confirm who promoted him?

Edit: me asking if you were cap that round seems overly hostile, I’m not criticizing you, I’m just asking for confirmation

This is why same naming should be banned, this post was really indicative of the problems it causes and all the cliquiness that comes with it.

1 Like

Are you incapable of thinking?

Zane Blake is just terrible at sec and should be removed from ever being allowed into that position. He’s one of those players that’s somehow in the admin clique so he always gets away with all sorts of shit. This person will never hesitate to ruin your round, or valid hunt you. This person does not belong on the MEDIUM roleplay server, and is more suited for LOW roleplay.

You would think a person who has this much time on sec, would know how brigging procedure worked. However, every single time, every single interaction, it’s like talking with a brick wall who just does whatever they want without any regard for consequences or laws of station (space and server.)

This person should be permanently job banned from sec/head roles.

First of all, you can’t promote someone to HOS when the warden exists.

I’m not sure what makes you think this. It’s fully within the Captain and HoP’s authority to do so, being the station’s #1 and #2 authorities over every department, including other heads (which the Warden is not).

Additionally, I mostly agree with @fighterslam - This report seems to show that you already had a grudge against Zane and were very quick to assume the worst of the situation just because it involved him. If he wasn’t appropriately promoted to HoS, there is no way for him to obtain access to the areas he did while a Captain and/or HoP were present without violating server rules. The reverse is also potentially true, but onto my next point:

Given that I hold @VictorPride in pretty high regard and am frequently voicing this, I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to handle this report. He’s gotten a lot of hate from the community just for being good at his job in my eyes, and I’ve never found him in violation of the rules or arresting/attacking/killing people without due cause beforehand. He’s quick to act as security, but always follows procedures from what I’ve seen. Regarding his rudeness; it’s purely IC. Take a look at his record of forum posts and OOC chat and see if you can find him talking like he did to you IC.

Victor Pride is in the admin friend clique so take everything the admins say with a huge grain of salt. I have never once had a good interaction with Zane Blake, or seen him have a good interaction with anyone. It’s like talking to a brick wall, without even the slightest sense of roleplay.

@Ruko even deleted my previous post in this thread, and then sent me a message about how much he loves @VictorPride - they are either friends, or he’s just in that general clique. The same clique of people, who suck up to the admins or were part of the admin crew at some point, and now get away with disrespecting the rules and laws of the station.

People like Zane Blake, with their LRP mentality are the cancer that is killing MRP.

1 Like

I was not aware that hop could promote people to heads, but oh well

Also:
OOC: VictorPride: maggot were you the autist warden

Also the fact that he’s on the council and apparently friends with multiple admins makes me genuinely worried now that this isn’t going to be looked at fairly.

Edit: to the point about the metagrudge acusation, at that point the only thing I remembered about Zane was that one time recently he was antag and made “zane blake” the only crew, and as a result there were like 5 people called zane blake or zane black or whatever, which was funny

Interesting, on most MRP servers I have played on HOP has to have captain authorization to promote heads of departments

well that looks fishy as fuck now
I was just trying to pull a quote from your message and ended up editting it to what I wanted to post.

Also the fact that he’s on the council and apparently friends with multiple admins makes me genuinely worried now that this isn’t going to be looked at fairly.

I don’t honestly know what other admins think of him, but that’s precisely why I opted not to handle the report.
He’s not on player council through admin intervention though - those were done by player voting exclusively (which is why we have two meme council members who don’t actually have any place making server decisions)

Yeah, that’s part of why I’m trying to find out, as in, if the hop or the cap promoted him

thanks, I genuinely appreciate the fairness. Did you see my edit about the metagrudge thing?

I do now
I didn’t intend it to be a hard accusation though, I said it “seems to show a grudge”. It’s up to someone else to make a decision on what they see though.

thanks.
I don’t really get the whole “metagrudge” thing. I mean, the warden is completely different from the bartender is completely different from the mime is completely different from the roboticist is completely different from the HOP. You play these jobs differently both in actually gameplay and roleplay. Why would I treat the same name the same? Hell, even as clown I do a different shtick almost every time. The closest I come to a metagrudge has been twice where it’s someone I recognize as typically being a shitter to watch out for (and both times they got banned). Specifically in one it’s because they literally tied me to a table as non antag, bound and gagged me with a straitjacket and carted me around without admins and it was ooc genuinely traumatic. With the other it was because they ended up in my brig 3 rounds in a row as the exact same job and it was more of a “cmon man why do you keep ending up here, please stop breaking the law” kind of a thing and they ended up getting banned for self anatg (or something i don’t remember)

I feel like we don’t see the entire story here, Zane is nice but if you’re unrobust he might have just circumvented you, and you said he had access to HoS gear, if he was promoted to HoS by cap then that’s very much IC. He needs to pitch in his side of the argument here.

Acting HoS giving up the gear to actual HoS coming on station is a formality more so than a necessity. They’re both the same.

i was captain this round
i didn’t explicitly promote zane to HoS, but when zake asked if he could be acting HoS, i said yes
which is why i stepped in to resolve it, because warden wouldn’t shut the fuck up about zane aand it was causing problems

I can’t be involved with this report.
I was the sec officer who shot the warden with a sopoforic slug in the Escape Shuttle and cuffed them.
I didn’t want to let them hang around near Zane, who I’d seen earlier in the shuttle, since they both had been hoarding lethals and a bloody cat fight was going to break out sooner or later.

type in a normal round id or your report probably wont be processed

I asked the admins for the round ID and they didn’t say. How do I figure out what round it was?