Yuliy Mod Application 2 (Hopefully 2 month is enough)

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Yuliy

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Harry.K#1661

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
GMT+9

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Some more active admin help responds on the empty~lowpop timezone shift.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
There literally is no moderator/admin when there is lowly populated timezone, often times being ignored, passed over, or moved to the forums.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Since 2017

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Since 2022

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
5, my code dive knowledge and such similiar works aren’t that polished, but I know the basics. However, I do not know the atmospherics magics.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
3. Chance to moderate on SS13 in general has been far due to my real life mental issues. However, I have seen a lot of admins/moderators making their moves upon matters on dozens of different SS13 servers.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Unfortunately, no.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No.

Your strengths: Endurance to overwatch from distance for a long time, as I mostly ghost around in game instead of playing most of the time in the game. I can understand quickly which part is wrong if I have enough informations gathered up in the game, when someone takes an action.

Your weaknesses: Depression, Social Phobia (on physical contact means, such as microphone phonecall), ping relative issues due to the distance between the main server location and where I live. And my opinions are usually stubborn, having a trouble changing my mind when something’s decided.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Zero RP early-into-shift-murder, greentext only gameplayers. Poor RP also makes me frustrated.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Quick response time upon the matter.

What makes a staff team good?:
Communications. Something I lack, unfortunately, so I have to grow a muscle over social interactions.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make a clean roleplaying ground, for the roleplay things to flourish.

What kind of player are you?:
Observer, most of the time. If there is a trouble around me, however, I do not hesitate to engage into the situation to resolve it.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Likely a challenge for me to grow a muscle of social communications, and to accept some different perspectives of the different mod/admin’s decisions.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Check for Clown if they’re antag first. Then if they’re antagonist, nothing much can be done for it (Unless HoS contacts the central command to recover their gun). If not, they’re in trouble, doing a self-antag by jettisoning the major contraband, a grand legacy, to be accurate.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Apply the note that they’re a griefer, and apply the permanent ban, while asking them to report to the forums if it’s a mistake.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Check their playtime, and check what they were intending to make. In the case where their playtime is short, contact one of the moderators to train the chemist to a better shape. If they were making a bomb or such, keep an eye for them for potential grief/self-antag/powergaming.

I like the app, here are a few scenario’s/questions

This first one was a incident that pre-dated the current SOP guidelines, but assume that the captain had tried to find someone to promote to HOP but didn’t find anyone satisfactory

1. Captain is manning the HOP line when a crewmember requests to be transferred to security and become a officer. The captain checks the manifest, and there is only HOS and a detective, so the crewmember gets promoted. The captain forgets to inform HOS about this though, and HOS gets upset. HOS begins to openly argue over comms about it, complaining about the captain trying to have greater authority than HOS over his department, and to demote the crewmember. This escalates to HOS stunbatoning and attempted cuffing the captain to “convince him” to demote the crewmember faster. What do you do in this situation, and what are the issues?

2. You get a ticket that a swarmer has breached the fusion chamber, what do you do?

3. You get a ticket about a player having issues RPing (assistant is climbing over the table to get drinks at a bar/hanging out only in the bar talking with people), the offending player appears to be new to SS13/RP as a whole when you confront them. How would you deal with this player?

4. Pirates spawn, but only two players volunteered to be one so there is one open pirate left. The other two pirates launch their assault on the station, and a pirate is killed in action. As the pirate is being revived, the dead pirate player takes over the unclaimed pirate spawn. What do you do in this situation? The other pirate is now revived but souless now, do you do anything?

5. If you recognize that you are starting to burn out, what do you do? This kind of position is easy to get burned out over due to a variety of factors, and has caused others to leave before.

Bonus round
6. The round has lasted for over a hour and a half, no antags/arrested antags, and there is a healthy amount of active ghost players. Do you bus? If so, what ways would you try to spice up the round?

1 Like
  1. A tircky one, but I seen it multiple times.
  • HoS shouldn’t arrest the captain, in this case of scenario. SoP wise, indeed captain did a faulty by not informing the relative head of staff, but HoS should have to inform the central command if they intend to arrest the captain by the violation of SoP. Also, most of the time, security department does have an identification console, where as HoS themselves can demote the personnel by their own self, or grant a limited access (this case, they should demote by using this said console).
  • I would be taking an action by noting a rule 3 violation upon the HoS, but also inform the captain about the SoP.
  1. Simple and easy. Rule 8, 13 violation, I’ll leave a note on the said swarmer user, if not, a ban on the antagonist role if they did something similar behavior.

2. I will probably contact the mentors in this case to contact with this said new player, to notify about the ‘roleplay.’ Though, I should leave a note if their behavior has been off-the-limits on toleration with the rule 1 violation (Such as randomly punching some peoples in the bar, or stealing items just because).

3. I’ll keep an eye out if the newly spawned pirate violates rule 14, while as leaving the souless pirate an offer to the ghosts so they can be controlled by someone else after revival.

4. I’ll probably take a temporary leave by playing different servers, trying to get a grip on myself and such. If this temporary leave lasts more than a month, I should inform the higher ups to demote myself due to inactivity.

5. I would bus, but not a harmful level to the station’s integrity itself. Mostly by spawning sentient monkeys with their objectives being ‘find the bananas’ so botanist could be quite busier, or spawn in the non-terribly-dangerous antagonist, like revenant or such.

2 Likes

This scenario was really more of looking at HOS’s behavior vs SOP. HOS broke rules 3, 7, 12, and the spirit of rule 2. HOS’s shouldn’t be having full blown tantrums over protocols throughout over comms over misscommunication. Also, breaking SOP isn’t a crime in space law, so if HOS tried to arrest the captain over it it wouldn’t be valid and would get in some trouble with CC. Here’s the ban appeal that this question was taken from. With really horrible breaks in RP and HOC conduct like this, a long job ban (and short server ban) would be more appropriate than just a note.

This is more of a rule 13 break, as the whole point of swarmers is to “greif” the station by consuming it. Swarmers though aren’t allowed to mess with stuff that would change the atmospherics/livability of the station, and it’s coded that they won’t consume certain walls/structures that would break that law. You bump into the issue though of when people creates a fusion chamber that doesn’t have that protection. Players sometimes will not think and just consume and break into one of those chambers, rarely do players repeat behavior like that once it’s explained.

Another option is to also give the links to the RP guide and lead them to the discord server/forums for help as well. I do this a lot and you at least know that they have been given those resources rather than trying to push them toward someone else for help.

The experience that I pulled this question from did have possible rule 14 issues, I’d also just let the newly spawned pirate know that they shouldn’t take up another of the same antag slot like that. I view it as the same way as when someone takes up all the ashwalker eggs but dies immediately, it takes away opportunities from other players/ghosts from getting back into the game and it should be discouraged.

Burnout is common in this kind of work in general when dealing with people. It’s important to know when they’ve reached their limit. Mental health is important, remember to take care of your stuff IRL over stuff in-game. Good response

I think the monkey idea might be fun, something CC sends over for the station to “study” that is just meant to cause harmless chaos. Though never underestimate any antag that you spawn, rev’s can cause more damage then you’d think to a station. The only truly safe spawn is a simple mob that can’t attack, pretty much anything else player controlled can cause some heavy damage with the right player.

Totally not gonna steal it later for my own personal use But try to give me the most creative way that you can think of to create a enriching and creative RP experience to add into the round. Assume you have access to full admin tools, the players that manage to control whatever you spawn in understand what your vision is, and keep in mind that you would be able to equip these players with anything the game has and you’d explain to them the jest of what they are their to do.

One thing I was curious to ask was what are a few opinions that you are stubborn on involving rules/rulings? Admins may disagree on things, but a general guideline/agreement on things is what helps keeps rulings consistent between admins. I’ll give my points a little bit after this response and looking into a few other things.

Ah, I must’ve misunderstood with the different server’s SoP, where violation of SoP is the law wise violation as well, my bad on that respond.

Yes, I did edit my post to 8 and 13 break, due to the fact that the swarmers aren’t suppose to create a hazard upon the station.

I’ll keep that in mind as well when situation like this arise.

For example, when one player says that the rule %number% is not violated, I usually keep on myself stubborn that such rule has been definitely violated, as such, actions remains applied on so. Sometimes when some other admin says as well, including that. But, yes, such guideline is how the rullings are consistent.

Let me correct that: Swarmers don’t have laws. They have objectives. (Nothing different for the game play-wise though)

To be honest, they should be silicon with laws, but silicon law system is quite outdated. :pensive:

I still recall your last app and between that and this one i think your answers are fine, however, there is a few things i want to address that are a bit more personal than admin related but are still important for an admins conduct.

1. I’ve seen you multiple times get mad or frustrated at players and start calling them bad players or boring, sometimes even straight up telling people they shouldn’t be playin X (antag or a job). Now its one thing to tell a player in a bwoink that they should take a break, however telling someone in OOC that they’re boring or terrible isn’t great behavior. How do you think you’ll change this, if at all, as an admin?

2. an important part of adminning is to remain neutral when dealing with a player, we can’t let personal bias influence a decision we make. Do you personally believe there are any players who could make you make biased decision because you do not like the player? If yes how would you work past that?(I do not want names of players just a general yes or no)

3. lets say you bwoink someone for their name and they get argumentative, saying “don’t yoy have anything better to do? Im just playing a game man” how would you respond?

1. I’ll be real on this topic. Whenever I say they don’t seem to be a good player is when they do not roleplay, or lack the roleplaying method, or, and only aims for the min-max powergaming (Even when the antagonists are immune to powergaming, such as deep frying the brain, or Supermatter toss, you get the idea). And this place, Sage, is a roleplaying server, for certain. Peoples get punished for not saying a single word and green texts, and that’s a roleplay rule and antagonist conduct violation, two things violating already.
    In all honesty? Best I could change is I won’t say such things out loud to the public, but only to keep it in my mind.

2. It’ll be a lie if I say no after saying all that on the first question. When such matter arises, I will personally ask to different moderators/admins to resolve the situation instead, because there’ll be very likely, a personal bias over the decision making. If there is no one coming, I’ll follow the protocols and write on the forums on report page.

3. I’ll be responding I’m just doing my thing I am responsible of over here, and that’s simply the fact.

Good answers, in regards to 1 remember that often you will have to tell players what was wrong and your reasoning for bwoinking them, but it should almost always remain in the ticket. We really shouldn’t be calling other players bad RPers or terrible blah blah blah where other players will hear it.

for number 2 This is a correct response, if you believe you will have bias affect a decision then you should try to get another admin to handle it.

good on 3

While I am worried about your attitude and how you will handle interactions with players based on what I’ve seen of you, I believe that this could very easily be put to rest by experience and training.

I will give a slightly hesitant +1 on the grounds that I believe you can improve past my concerns.

T: +1

I have the same concerns as Acronad but like they said, it’ll be resolved with getting first-hand experience doing tickets and such. Especially with your time-zone you would be helpful during those hours. Giving you my +1

T: +2

I won’t lie, I can’t find the time to go into this in details. So I’ll just default and let others input, apologies.
+0

T:+2

I’ve noticed you acting toxic towards other players in the past, primarily in deadchat. During one such occassion you mentioned wanting to become a Moderator so you can “tone those shitters down.”. The way you talk about reporting other players in addition to that previous comment makes you come across as being almost overzealous in how you feel the rules should be enforced; Despite this your own record isn’t particularly clean either.

I don’t think you would be a good fit for a staff position, unfortunately I’m going to be going with a -1.

T:+1

1 Like

Alrighty. Apologies for taking this long to resolve your application.

We’ve discussed this app internally at a head level. Your app is pretty solid and so is your recent record.

You have had an extensive and even worrysome history on other servers though. We generally don’t take this into account depending on how good someone has been on our servers to give everyone a fair chance.

But in your case here we’ve decided that we do not feel comfortable having you on staff at the current time.
On top of that, being an admin is not easy. You need to have a certain amount of mental strength to be able to pull through. It’s probably better for you and us if you first get better overall and then decide if you still want to become staff.

Denying at T: +1