Winter Darkraven's Attempt to Become Popular

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Winter Darkraven

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Winter Darkraven#0011

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): GMT+1, usually not active Saturday and Sunday from ten to four.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Overseeing LRP to ensure fairplay.

How old are you?: 19/02/2000 (my birthday is close I expect gifts :o jk)

Why do you want to be an admin?: I always like to help people and this just seems like the next step upwards.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 2019-03-17

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 2019-03-21

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 5. I know my way about everything a little. Wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m Godtier at anything.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 1. Iā€™ve only managed a small community on Space Station 13, even then I didnā€™t do much. I will spend a lot of time in asay and admin channels asking questions and learning, hopefully this wonā€™t get annoying.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: A small community I ran for friends and some others on Space Station 13.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Not that I use, no.

Your strengths: Determined to solve anything that gets thrown my way; in game or not. Not afraid to ask for help or admit I have no idea what Iā€™m doing!

Your weaknesses: Vindictive and straightforward, sometimes coming off as rude without that being my intent.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: When I feed my cat, sometimes she doesnā€™t eat her food. Instead, sheā€™ll come to me and beg for whatever Iā€™m enjoying. I feel bad for her so give her some of my whatever Iā€™m eating. Then, she runs off and eats her food. So, Iā€™m sitting there like an idiot.

Just really annoys me sometimes.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Communication and teamwork.

What makes a staff team good?: The ability to admit wrong and undo mistakes.

What is a staff teamā€™s purpose?: To enforce the rules.

What kind of player are you?: Felinid (Translation: Degenerate)

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I already donā€™t like to take important roles due to my mentorship. Sometimes Iā€™m doing something important IC and someone mhelps with something I know and I really want to answer but the game is still on going so Iā€™m really conflicted.

I imagine being an admin is this but ten times worse.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Clown is valid, key word is ā€œstealsā€. HoS can do whatever he wants. This is a small incident of self-antag, you really shouldnā€™t be stealing HoS gun as a non-antag. Yet again, I can see this being a prank.

I would note the clown on spacing the gun, thatā€™s too far for a prank if it was his intention. Next, Iā€™d go into VV and look for X-01 MultiPhase, opening itā€™s values. Using the get command, I can easily place it back at the locker. Or, on MRP, using the Central Command dock one to supply drop it in for a IC return for the HoS and antagonists to steal.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I can see some ways this wouldnā€™t necessary be a permaban on the spot. Was he trying to kill revs and protect the last head? Was a cult summoning Narā€™Sie and he was the only non-cult member left? Thereā€™s only few things to consider, and with a quick bwoink you can get his intention.

Permanent ban for plasma flooding grief, but intention is important. (also please appeal if youā€™re not a griefer.)

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Completely IC. You are allowed to make mistakes and shouldnā€™t fear administration stepping in. Something something new player server.

For a for a administrative look into it; weā€™d know who did it via last fingerprints, it displays ckey. Thatā€™s how we would know who caused the explosion.

Extra: Willing to answer any questions. Sounds fun to see how far I can get before denied.
Playtime is 1644h (1498h/146h) for anyone wondering. (and this is the only game I play)
Sorry for any typos, Iā€™ve had some glasses. I tried to make sure itā€™s readable.

Iā€™m actually curious how this will turn out. App seems alright, why not give it a shot +1

Do you have any other games to play instead of SS13, or SS13 servers other than Bee to play on?

Iā€™m +/- on you as an admin, but thereā€™s a ā€˜honeymoonā€™ period of adminning, and then the eventual reality of it.

If this is the only game you enjoy, I wouldnā€™t want you to lose that spark. Having a different game, or a place where you arenā€™t expected (or expect yourself) to solve problems is almost a necessity.

1 Like

I put that statement in brackets because itā€™s kind of true. I do play Age of Empires, Supreme Commander, Team Fortress, Fallout. I meant this is the only roleplaying multiplayer game I play because of the community. Playing only SS13 would make anyone insane lol

Even then, I play on TG and shill their medbay all the time.

On a confirmed revolutionary round, you are accosted in Med-Bay by a player who steals your stun baton and uses it on you while you are attempting to arrest a suspected rev.

Do you:
A) Dent their head with a toolbox
B) Smite them with admin powers

Nervously sweats
Phew, tough one off the bat. Let me think. Hrmmā€¦ these two options are both good. Gosh, I have to take a guess. Considering admins arenā€™t allowed to handle any event surrounding themselves at all ā€“ I pick option C. Deconvert them (with a toolbox to the head)!

Yeah Iā€™ll +1 this, itā€™s a solid application and they have more admin skills than I started with. Personally I think youā€™re better than a 5/10 at the game though.

Also a fourth (I think) cat admin would be brilliant.

Nepotism confirmed
20 characters

4 Likes

Incorrect. Due to recent changes you can only admin while ghosting the round.
This means that to do any admin work you forgo playing at all and observe the whole round.

When in-game as a player, you are required to de-admin.

• If you are the only admin on and wish to play, you will still be required to de-admin.

Thatā€™s true. Thanks for correcting me, guess that wouldnā€™t be an issue at all.

You do know the game well enough and you have more self-control than Hangy did and he was fine while he lasted.
I guess Iā€™ll add a +1. That would be T: +3

Hangyul was an above average admin in my opinion, they actually did reports and such, canā€™t say the same for myself.

God post round logdiving is pain.

Hello here is a question for you.

100 hour chemist blows up grenade in hallways.
Then right after that he admin helps saying it was a mistake and he tried to defuse the bomb.

When you ask why did he have that bomb, he answers that it was his preperation for eorg and to threat the AI and he blew it up by mistake.

He have relatively clean record on bee, only having note for eorg slightly before round end but they are perma banned for grief bombing on the other server.

What do you do?

Edit. I forgot to mention that the bomb caused significant hole in station hallways but noone died in this accident

A clear rule four violation. Accidents happen, and owning up to your mistakes is respectable. However, it doesnā€™t excuse the behaviour. Given the previous ban for grief bombing, this would be a medium time off to make sure they read the rules a little more.

Three day ban given previous record, but Iā€™d add in the ban his intentions and reference the previous ban while mentioning they also threatened another player (the AI) so if this happens again other admins will know their past.

Jeah i dont know about this one chief.

I belive you could in practice be a fine admin, but i dont see this going well from a comunity perspective.
Iā€™d be happy to be outvoted on this and it would look like i will be, iā€™ll happily be proven wrong.

Iā€™ll give you my +1. You have quite the colored history, but have shown a willingness to change. Iā€™d be more than happy to see how you handle being an admin.

You have an exceptional amount of hours on record and your last note was well over a month ago.

Note I have also seen you on other servers playing and are chill there.

Iā€™d be willing to give ya a shot at pressing Admin buttons.

+1

Iā€™m interested to see how this goes, donā€™t have anything else to add that hasnā€™t already been mentioned. +1

T:+5
I think

Thanks for being honest. Iā€™m far from the best person for the position. Yet, the community didnā€™t overreact when I joined as a mentor, I was welcomed and had a fine time. I hope being given this role wonā€™t change anyoneā€™s mind on me, already.

The people that hate me will still exist, I canā€™t change that. But I donā€™t want to make anyone uncomfortable. And if anyone wants to say anything negative or bring up any points against me, nowā€™s a good time.

Total score is Five. You were right, Tyran.

If I get in, Iā€™ll hopefully make you change your mind!

2 Likes

Have played with them on a different server, can confirm that they tended to be rather chill (if a bit eager to hunt valids/commit genocide on the fauna of Lavaland) and they taught me how to be a bit more robust
Though I will have to be honest and admit that they are currently permaā€™d from said server, mostly because of said tendencies from what I remember
THOUGH TO BE FAIR: Itā€™s been stated by the staff that if Velvet put the effort towards a good ban appeal thereā€™s a good chance theyā€™d be let back in.