Winter Darkraven banned by Pricklytomato -- Signed onto a Sequel

Stamina damage is still damage, albeit impermanent. In an ideal world you can capture and deconvert every rev, but in reality you have limited amount of mindshields, storage space, time, health, etc so you need to take the actions which will let you be the most efficient with your current resources. One armed and dangerous rev (or at least acting like one) thus being killed when they try to kill you does not warrant a sec ban.

getting banned for killing antags

mrp cringe moment

9 Likes

This does seem to warrant a ban, but not a full perma from everywhere, is he really on that thin of ice?

ooooooh that’s bad.

Looks like you were using the “he antag so I can make he horizontal” excuse, which isn’t necessarily allowed on MRP

ok but I can see his side of the story as well. Seems like a big misunderstanding. Both did the shitty but IMO perma is too much.

my dude, that is LRP rules, not MRP. Velvet still did a bad within the RP. I don’t think sec is supposed to be bloodthirsty like that even to the point of hiding a body in a locker.

The ice was VERY thin. Bringing her back to begin with was a mistake imo

I can drop attack logs later on, but before that revs had been confirmed by Velvet.

It’s also specifically allowed to use lethal force if being attacked with stunning weapons as security.

1 Like

Their previous ban was retracted: Winter Darkraven banned by Ravellon — The Remake to the Prequel

Stun and cuff puts you at the mercy of the one who did it to you.
A sec officer at the mercy of a rev is as good as dead, unless they do the monke trick. In which case sec officer is converted which is even worse.
This seems to me as if Velvet had a good enough reason to mistake mime for a rev.
So it’s safe to assume that if Velvet is left stunned and cuffed with the mime in control and no loyal crewmen in vicinity she’s dead or converted.

Killing mime in combat that is a direct continuation of mime stunning her is fine.
Ideally, the mime would be revived and mindshielded, if there is enough time and mindshields.
But rules don’t demand ideal conduct.

No, that’s MRP rules as well. It’s the way antags are treated that is different. So if mime acts like a rev on rev round then him trying to subdue sec officer can be treated like a rev trying to subdue a sec officer.
What happens to an officer after said officer is subdued by a rev, pray tell?

3 Likes

Apparently it wasnt even an antag, just megatron being a shitter as usual.

First off, I will admit that I didn’t see the part where stunning weapons were used against you that you could use lethal force and it was a slip in judgement to not punish the mime more than just a note. If you had killed the mime the after you got back up from being stunned I would’ve apologized for the ban and unbean ASAP, but you killed the mime after the fact without even trying to mindshield.

at that time you had them in brig cuffed and holding onto them, unless you didn’t know what you were doing they had very little way to escape from you. I understand sometimes there isn’t the option to deconvert a antag but you could’ve just as easily put them in perma or tried to get captain to approve a execution.

TLDR: I’m stupid and didn’t realize the part about using stun weapons being killable for, but killing someone who might’ve been a rev at brig while they’re already cuffed is a big no (perma is always an option). I want other admins opinions if I should remove/shorten it.

*also, I don’t have my perms because I am on leave so I would need another @GameAdmin to do whatever comes from this appeal

They were never cuffed or alive at Brig.

EDIT: Fast reply. They used my cuffs against me, I couldn’t have cuffed them because they had my only cuffs. Moment.

My memory is too foggy then, but I’d want logs just to double check that they died then outside of brig. If that’s true, I did fuck up and I’d want you unbeaned ASAP

Killing was completely warranted, perhaps a tad overzealous. Hiding their body in a locker is… worse. I’m going to remain neutral on this.

BUDDY THEY ARE LITERALLY A SHOOT TO KILL TARGET. NOBODY NEVER EVER GETS FUCKING REVIVED ON A REV ROUND, YOU ARE LUCKY IF THE CLONER IS STILL NOT DESTROYED BY THE 10 MINUTE MARK.

WHAT IS THIS ANTAG HUGBOX? WHY IS VELVEY PUNISHED FOR FOLLOWING SOP AS SEC? WHAT THE FUCK!

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

1 Like

I’m not saying the mime should be revived. I’m just saying that from a RP perspective, a security office wouldn’t shove a corpse in a locker. It’d be better if they just mourge’d em.

What job were you when you were stunned by the mime?

Edit: If you were security / head on a rev round and stunned by a random mime, then personally I think the ban should be on the mime if they weren’t an antag, and if they were then killing someone who comes and attacks heads / sec on a rev round is completely reasonable, especially since they proved themselves to be a direct threat and armed.
The only way I see this being shitsec or their fault, is if they incapacitated the rev by cuffing then killing them after they were cuffed and posed no real threat (unless other revs were attacking to free that rev)

Stun baton is by far the most powerful weapon in the game once you start using it instead of disablers and other weapons like that, you can take down nuke ops in 3 hits with it

I was a shift start security officer – not deputised, conscripted, or a vigilante.

They were never cuffed, I didn’t have any :frowning:

My ahelp,

Said in it that I never cuffed, they never died at Brig.
NotMegatrons ahelp:

They said I cuffed to make me look bad – the thing is I never did. Taken this long to be revealed. Lying in ahelps.

1 Like

I’ve been watching this appeal since it got posted and as of now, it definitely looks like velvet is innocent. They even actually know space law, and can quote it if need be, which the majority of sec players dont seem to be able to do. Their actions were justified by space law as well. The mime was admittedly self antagging, and pretending to be a rev for the purpose of attacking security. I wish I could say I was surprised, but mimes have a bad reputation for attracting that kind of player at the moment.

The ban feels unjustified, and pricklytomato said it was going to be a short ban, but they talked themselves into a permaban, which I feel is bad behavior. The ban was unjustified to begin with, let alone increasing it to perma, even with some “thin ice” bullshit. legit if I was the mime, i wouldnt have even ahelped with, cuz if the mimes reasoning for acting as a rev is “security wronged me” then antagging sec and eventually getting put down by sec is an IC thing. The ahelps themselves werent necessarily helpful though.

You know, i get that velvet has a reputation on the server, but you gotta let it go a little bit. Every time I see velvet get banned and then unbanned on here, its over petty shit due to “muh thin ice” shit, like this. So far all this thin ice shit has done is wrong velvet at least twice with unjustified permabans for minor shit that doesnt even stick. I guess I cant really say much about the current state of the server, its been a hot minute since I actually played, but velvet was a good player when I did play a lot. Any sec officer who actually knows space law and actually tries to do the job properly is alright in my book. Thats coming from someone who spent quite a significant time in brig from the other side of the bars.

5 Likes

I could argue that bolas or temperature gun are the best since they slow you down from a distance, which makes you super easy target.

I would 100% do the same thing. Lift the ban.

2 Likes