Wiki Maintainer Megathread

@Haliris did it work?

I’ve tried for a few minutes, but it seems like I’m still stuck. It doesn’t ask for a captcha anymore but it’s just stuck “saving changes”.
(https://i.imgur.com/2Nh7Up3.png)

Thats… a certified fucky wucky wiki moment.

Yeah, someone with forum perms is gonna have to investigate that.

I’ll ask Crossed, something similar happened last time and it worked out.

Late af on my part but…
I have updated this as of my second Supermatter edit.

What are you trying to link to?

The forum, this guide in particular:

The link in the Supermatter page broke because the title of the guide got changed.

Anyone else have a “Duplicated File” softlock in the editor when trying to update media files?

For example:

Old File Sprite:
OLDIndust

Attempted Upload:
INDUSTwelder

Wiki thinks all uploaded files are a “duplicate”

Try a different filename:

exwelder_2021.png

As an example.

I’ve had something similar happen to me when I updated the analyzer sprite. I eventually gave up and left it alone for a day and when I came back it had updated correctly.

This is generally an issue with MediaWiki, had that happen to me on another Wiki that also uses it. That Wiki is completely unrelated to SS13.

that would change the destination and force me to change all the calls that reference “exwelder.png” to exwelder_2021.png"

doable, but annoying.

1 Like
Maps:template
  • Move non-bee maps to “Legacy” to reduce clutter
  • I care deeply about Map:template, and couldn’t bear to ever see these unused maps be taken off of it!!!
  • I literally do not care. leave me alone
0 voters

Poll because I haven’t seen a response.
There isn’t a “Wiki Maintainer” perm level, so I have enabled it for Discourse Members and above

The hellhole has been created. Watch me try to put out the formatting clusterfuck that is the amalgation of map hell.
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Legacy_maps#AsteroidStation

Edit: beestation saved, image sizes have been reduced to 200px, which has fixed the flustercluck.

1 Like

Addressed in Discord. Tl;dr, the error was accurate and their browser’s cache was holding onto an outdated version of the image. The file was updated back in April.

Update: maps template is so much prettier now

2 Likes

I started working on the different location pages that happen to all be outdated, most of them not mentioning Pubby/Delta and all of them needing Fland information.
However this is rather time consuming so I’m keeping textual content to a bare minimum in order to be efficient.

As such, if anyone happen to sumble upon a page such as this one: Prison Wing - BeeStation Wiki and feel like something important related to an added map is missing. You’re more than welcome to add, reformate or delete text.

1 Like

Viro: I have updated the “Required Chemicals” Column as it wasn’t updated with the Viro changes.

2 Likes

As requested by @Daridine, the dumpster-fire that is the Singularity/Telsa Guide on the wiki is now under construction.

If you feel like you can help me simplify it, feel free to contribute.

I will be adding a proper annotated Singularity image tomorrow.

1 Like

Fland is done, but at what cost?
Now the map only needs its proper page to be finished and it should be good aside from minor text in random pages (guide to the SM etc.).

The maps that need content added now are Pubby, Delta and Kilo.
I’ll start Pubby soon.

1 Like

I don’t think the guide to genetics page explains how to use advanced injectors to combine mutations.

Can’t send the page link apparently.

1 Like