Why Locking Beestation Up and Enforcing a Hard Whitelist Like the Enclave From Fallout Will Be Good For Beestation

Anything and Everything

can happen if we continue to allow outsiders to join the server. Chaos bombings, new players infecting the station and getting our precious virologists banned, even shitter mimes, yes even shitter mimes can join if we don't instate a whitelist onto our server. I saw a grown man crying at his own birthday party because new players are allowed to join and lower the roleplay standard. This is a post against everything. We must stand up for the roleplay standard because people who don't even know what the heck an "in character" is are joining and shouting "AI MALF" when force borged by the machine. Either we're new player friendly or we aren't, and we shouldn't just be new player unfriendly, we need to be new player hostile to survive. The Curse of Golden hangs over us like a shroud, hiding the truth from us. It has been one year since the death of golden, and what did we get? **Anything and Everything** from the survivors. No roleplay, all validhunting, anything goes! We need to force everyone to join the discord and fill out an application to join! I will not take my pills until Crossed, aka head of the U.S. Government, admits toilets aren't real. That way our roleplay can truly, finally, be perfect.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Heā€™s manic but I have to concur.

4 Likes

drfytugyihu (1)
Itā€™s all true you know, former Goldeners post here

5 Likes

On one hand, a whitelist would shield bee from griefers, evaders, people already permabanned from other servers, etc.

On the other hand, bee adverises itself as newbie friendly, but a lot of new players would be too scared to apply for a whitelist.
Also, in order to get a whitelist to actually work, you would need a lof more admins than what we currently have.

:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it level out because thereā€™d be less reports to deal with?

4 Likes

imagine a new player seeing the code on bee and going ā€œhuh, thatā€™s different,ā€ so they join the server, see that thereā€™s a whitelist, decide itā€™s too much trouble, and leave to look for another server

2 Likes

A player like that likely wouldnā€™t bother reading the rules either. Do we want players like that here?

3 Likes

just saying, game would probably get stale with hardly any fresh faces

1 Like

Iā€™m on multiple whitelisted servers and I canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen that from personal experience.

1 Like

NGL, If Bee had a white list earlier on, Iā€™d not be here, cause as was said earlier in the thread, new players may not just want to deal with applying to the ol white list club.

White lists are good for servers that want to and can afford to be exclusive to provide a refined experience, Bee doesnā€™t seem to be about to bring about any of that any time soon.

1 Like

And why is this still the case? I remember when Golden was considered the newbie friendly server while Sage wasnā€™t. Now weā€™re just left with Sage.

1 Like

New players should enter a whitelist to make sure they truly understand the difference between HRP and LRP. Sure, LRP is ā€œfunā€ in the same way that drinking, partying and watching reality TV is fun. HRP however is fun in a way that the normies will never be able to understand, itā€™s like going to the opera or looking at fine art.

As high IQ refined intellectuals we thus have to protect this RP standard rigorously, otherwise these new players, these absolutely primitive neanderthal brained LRPers would burn it down like the library of alexandria.

5 Likes

beestation is mrp

1 Like

Operating on outdated information, Beestation is now ā€œRPā€.

2 Likes

Oh? Wise guy, huh? Look, Iā€™m tracing you right now, pal. Weā€™ll see how smart you feel with internal security all over your fricking ass. Dickhead!

6 Likes

thank you so much for correcting me, Iā€™m so glad :expressionless:

2 Likes

Um, flushed emoji? :flushed:

Another satisfied customer. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beestation may as well just rebrand into HRP because at least then it would be open and truthful about what it looks like it is trying to be.

Saying RP is just playing a stupid semantic game when the reason LRP MRP HRP exists is to set a general standard. Nothing stops you deviatingā€¦ MRP but X, LRP but Y.

YES, if someone shows up and says ā€œbut this is MRP thoā€ while failing to acknowledge the caveats then the punishment should be harsh because its clear they didnā€™t care enough to adjust their attitude from the a general baseline

It just made it worseā€¦ because on top of that situation still happening, thereā€™s now the the added question internally of ā€œWTF does ā€˜RPā€™ mean thoā€
What is the baseline meant to even be here?..

Because looking inā€¦ it seems that its becoming a HRP job sim with murder mystery in the background.

1 Like

Nah. Itā€™s all explained in the rules. As long as you roleplay as a believable character, and follow the rules, youā€™ll be fine.

1 Like

oh boy a maggot thread!

5 Likes