Why Locking Beestation Up and Enforcing a Hard Whitelist Like the Enclave From Fallout Will Be Good For Beestation

Gonna get serious for a second:

Not necessarily. If you accidentally say a “gotcha” word (it’s a slur several thousand miles from you and you had no idea or you said it on accident [bc see previous]) or you don’t know about a forum only ruling (one example is how nyaspeak is an accent bc ??) you can easily get banned just as if you’d violated one of the rules on the rules page.

There’s also the fact that LRP behavior, even if it is RP, is somewhat inconsistantly enforced (due to lack of admins) to the point that it can be subjective to try and figure out what can get you banned. Rules as intended LRP behavior isn’t allowed period but it happens all the time and very few people, not even all the people on the forums, actually have a sense of what RP on beestation actually means.

Is it little wonder then that I stay far away from here most of the time? If I didn’t need to get hours in to redeem myself I would probably do actual play as little as possible because I know one measly slip up will get me banned. For those who know, it’s scary to play on Beestation. Feels like playing with dynamite.

It’s also why I make so many jokes and play clown all the time, because I’m worried if I got serious and tried something legitimate I’d get banned.

3 Likes

If they explain how this was an accident, and say that they’ll be more careful about what they say: no one is getting banned lol

How would this get you banned? i’m having a hard time understanding your example

I don’t understand, as long as you roleplay as a believable character you’ll be fine, no one is going to ban you lol

1 Like

How much we offer compared to other whitelisted servers would be my main concern with bee being whitelisted.

2 Likes

I think Bee still has a lot to offer, I don’t know. :confused:

1 Like

so true

post must be 15 characters

1 Like

idk, which servers are whitelisted other than skyrat? genuine question, i have no idea

3 Likes

I’m also curious on this because like skyrat is the only server i can think of and on an unrelated not has like a super high pop… beestation still offers one of the best codebases imo (and open turf fusion my beloved)

3 Likes

That’s super subjective tho… I’ve given plenty of reasons why something could be believable but because it doesn’t meet a hidden standard, it is rejected… and as all of the reports for RP/character violations show… no one can agree on what believable even means

2 Likes

Could you offer an example? Im having a hard time understanding what this could mean. What kind of hidden standard did it fail to meet?

1 Like

I’m proud to say that i have not read the rules of any of the servers I’ve played on

1 Like

I can’t expect a duck to read to be fair.

2 Likes

IT’S A GOOSE

15 characters

3 Likes

Oh, well that changes everything.

Read the rules NOW

2 Likes

the erp standard :pensive:

Except SS13 doesn’t abide by the standards in the slightest. LRP, MRP, and HRP are almost entirely meaningless in the context of SS13.

People assume LRP means no roleplay; MRP either means sometimes there’s roleplay or that roleplay standards are low; and HRP can either mean, “Yeah, roleplay exists” or “You will be permanently banned, cast out of the community, and your next three generations will be shamed and denied entry if you do not act out every single nuanced move of the secret handshake I told you about three months ago.”

It fails to set any true baseline outside of what you personally perceive the acronyms to mean. That’s why we re-branded to just RP. The baseline is that roleplay is expected. Simple, concise, and easy to understand.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.