Why is Beestation 18+?

Beestation is an 18+ server despite this there are no restrictions stopping someone underage to play on the server at any time and the server itself doesn’t contain content that would cause the need for 18+

From my understanding the only reason Bee is 18+ is to allow for certain humor and dialouge leeway.
However, this doesn’t seem to be the case either as staire fanfiction making fun of smut was removed with the author permabanned over the first couple sentences being deliberately being vague in it’s description.

even if the fanfic was actual smut (which it isn’t) if Beestation is going to stay 18+ then it needs to start regulating the players with a whitelist. Otherwise having the server be 18+ is practically useless and gives another reason for people to get banned without understanding why.

2 Likes

I personally think there should be no whitelist, don’t play bee if you’re not 18+ because we say the fuck word here. If people don’t understand their ban there’s an entire rules page, and a booming forum for them to both learn and/or appeal a ban.

sorry for saying fuck earlier :exploding_head:

1 Like

Not that it realy adresses any of your actual arguments…
but you know /tg/ has the same exact situation of no erp/lewd shit but still 18+?

Having children around is a pain as we have to go super-nuclear on evrything
As is now we can if we want to have some nuance in punishments, while before 18+ even a slightly to lewd joke would get you instantly permad

5 Likes

It functions on a “don’t ask don’t tell” principle. And you’re very often able to tell if someone is underage by their:

1. Dumbassery.
  2. Lack of life experiences.

Ultimately it’s for the best of everyone to segregate underage people from adults, because let’s be honest nobody wants to wrangle around with dumbass children.

7 Likes

Point your finger at someone who you think is underage and see them get instantly perma banned

Why is Beestation 18+?

coz children are annoying

Intentional, if someone is stupid enough to brag about breaking a rule they deserve a ban.

5 Likes

I fucking hate kids.

They’re dumb and annoying as shit. Good riddance to em.

7 Likes

I hereby accuse Kate Garrison of bein a child. The reasons are as follows:

• Kate says they were an age last year, now they say they’re an increased number? Get it together
  • feet
  • this is a joke

And to top it all off, I’m pretty sure some of our beestation staff were at one point in their life children, and should be retroactively punished for existing as a larva. Unlike me, for example, i was shit out whole grown

10 Likes

Also yeah due to their dumbassery they will inevitably say something that reveals they are in fact a kid, such as not mentioning college/trades/career, or a lack of work experience, etc.

This isn’t TG so I expect better from Bee.

Probably also a good way to get someone banned quick and easily. Just point at anyone say “they’re underaged” and boom, no checkups if it’s actually true or not.

???

How is it bad to gatekeep children?

Just trust me my dude, it was worse before the 18+

5 Likes

You will almost definitely need to substantiate your claims with something that would suggest such a thing.

I’m not entirely sure why this whole issue is such a big deal to you. It’s a rule that allows for a better environment by allowing us to yeet children in exchange for better funnies.

If you want an 18+ server to ERP or do lewd shit on go to skyrat or splurt or whatever.

I would wager that ~95% of all the trolls, drama, hate and even political division on the Internet is generated by underage people, they ruin every community that they invade because you can’t tell if you’re talking to adults or literal 11 year olds.

lmao yeah remember underage admins doing the most stupid shit imaginable

2 Likes

Damn guys, we were all kids once

1 Like

Yeah I think this specifically needs to be researched(academically) because why the is every person who spouts Nazi, Fascist, or Communist Propaganda like 13?

It’s definitely concerning and I want an explanation for this phenomena.

Child symphatizer detected, please show us your state issued id so we can verify your age.

7 Likes

Exactly. That’s why I fucking hate em.

I was 110% a stupid fucking kid who did stupid fucking kid shit.

Now? I’m almost done with college and have been building a career.

Get the stupid kids away from me cause I don’t have patience for that.

3 Likes

Is it realy that confusing?
teenagers are edgy and rebellious wanting to go against whats acceptable in society
add to that the desensitisation of being on the interwebs (espechaly certain less moderated sites)
and boom there you go edgy slur spuoting “nazi” kid

2 Likes