Why is Beestation 18+?

I think it might go deeper than your explanation but yeah that’s like the basic priniple of it.

1 Like

It’s more that people are going to be removed depite of the 18+ rule as an excuse. That’s my real problem also it’s not like the server being 18+ is made very clear but that’s a minor issue.

:nauseated_face:
I rather not thanks.

If you fuck up hard enough to get banned like that, you deserve it.

was that a fucking pun? On MY space station forum??

2 Likes

Might have been…

tenor

7 Likes

An excess of free-time, lack of actual responsibilities, combined with unsupervised Internet access and varying degrees of child neglect has nasty effects.

Why do people assume 18+ means they can be degenerate and perverted scums?

Just because the place is 18+ It does not mean you go there to unleash your decadent desires.

7 Likes

If we allow sex, can we unban John Sex ?

6 Likes

I remember Bastian was…16 y.o? when he was Admin and he was admeme for a couple of months, he wasn’t that bad tho but it’s funny that we had stuff like that

the server itself doesn’t contain content that would cause the need for 18+

Jarvis, enter the library on any map. Then go to the toy vendor and buy a deck of white CAS cards. Now take them out and read them.

6 Likes

No but it does mean I can tell someone off by saying “Go suck a dick” without eating a ban.

That is unironically my best explanation of why we are 18+. You can tell people to go gargle some balls or something if they piss you off and not get banned.

Telling someone to kiss your ass is a thing. Going and asking everyone to show you their ass is a whole another thing.

1 Like

you uh… wanna verify that how ?

2 Likes

Man the only thing I can imagine happening if we had AN EVEN LARGER POOL of very immature griefers, the admins would be busted and the station would be be hurled into the biggest lava lake on lava-land every shift.

Like yeah there are immature shitter 18 year olds and older, but the number of them is just lower cause getting older just naturally matures/jades most people. besides most folks of 16 and under can’t really RP at all.

I know whis because when I was under 18 Age I hit an RP chat site and I SUCKED at it.

I agree with the post: 18 years is far too young to generate a mature playerbase. We should up the limit to 1500 years, requiring players to provide a genuine carved antique statue of themselves to play.

16 Likes

I believe this may be a bit discriminatory to formless timeless beings such as myself.

3 Likes

It’s not impossible for people under 18 to act especially mature.
It’s also not impossible for people well into adulthood to act like children.

But there is a general curve to childish behavior tapering off as people establish themselves as adults and get life experience outside of basic school. Bastian was cool and and also an unfortunate case of being unable to make the choice of hiding their age after it was decided to go 18+.

Gotta ask this of @Fuzzy as well:

You aren’t a child yourself, are you trying to advocate for allowing children again for some reason? Or are you trying to advocate for “allow more explicit content”?

I didn’t get to read the book so I can’t really form an opinion on it, but I like having an 18+ server that is also clean. I don’t want children running about but I also don’t want dick inspections in medbay.

4 Likes

Erp Shit like that is Head exploringly cringe.

dick inspections are funny

See : Felinid players

2 Likes