What made you choose the character you play?

For those of us who play a specific character(s) what made you choose their traits/physical appearance/personality? Maybe it was because deep down you always wanted to be an alcoholic moth botanist, maybe your severe desire to plasmaflood the station 5 seconds in as a green haired catgirl cripple needed to express itself, or maybe you just wanted to be a down on her luck detective doing her best to keep the station free from crime (good luck with that one)!

For me I just hit random when I first started the game, messed around with the hair/skin a bit and have used that ever since. Kinda boring but that’s how it be sometimes

1 Like

I am autist irl

11 Likes

I know that feeling, I’m a pixilated redhead curator IRL, my profile pic is actually a seflie.

1 Like

I’m an Elder Scrolls fan, and Argonians have the best cultures among the races of that universe.

1 Like

images

this

6 Likes

Knock off funny tape man

1 Like

I asked

2 Likes

Hit random and then spent 3 hours finding a hair color that I believed didn’t look like shit

3 Likes

used my real name and looked for a hairstyle that wasn’t shit, liked security so decided “fuck it time to make javert but he can’t sing for shit”

1 Like

i liked the working joes from alien isolation so thats why i play an IPC

1 Like

randomize character
randomize character
randomize character
huh that looks nice
tweak hair colour
tweak eye colour
tweak skin colour
now for a name
random name? jimmy
what he do? greytide
greytide? break windows
break windows? thrown bricks
bricks? brickets

and that kids is how i made Jimmy Brickets

6 Likes

I started playing Felinid because I felt uncomfortable about the fact that the AI had to listen to me and I still wanted human hair options, then I basically just played as me, and then the character slowly evolved into a gimmick I enjoyed playing and I made lots of friends with, so I mostly played as them, the name I came up with for them was just a name I use for everything (Narin) with the first thing I saw in OOC at the time that also started the same and just put an l in the middle of it, and playing characters has always been fun to me, especially if I get invested in a character I made, so that’s why I chose the character I (used to(for now maybe)) play.

2 Likes

Wanted to make a character that is somewhat an illusin to Hawkeye Pierce from MASH. So i called my character Hawks-The-Eyes. Who is kinda always on the edge of a court martial, btu when it comes to work he gives 110%. Also likes to drink. Thought that could be funny to do in ss13. Well, besides the pacifist part… heh

1 Like

Hey Alt_Alpha9 you should play SS13. Sure let’s just log on and OH DAMN THE ROUND STARTS IN 30 SECONDS BLUEHAIR, BLUE GOATEE, RED SHIRT, BLACK SOCKS

6 Likes

Random body then when someone said my character looked like a pedophile with their moustache I tweaked the hair a bit.

2 Likes

I can now ignore being set on fire since it barely does any damage, also now i can blame sec for being racist when i get arrested and start a race war.

3 Likes

Does that work out for you? I doubt people would take the lizard’s side.

You underestimate the lizard metagangs, and other races that join too.

i like being a decrepit old man
and braps are funny

2 Likes

my ipc started as just a random name and it has went in many stages, deep fry man was one and G.L.a.D.O.S. shell some random number.
right now I’m playing as MR ROBOTO, I have that one as a human too with a bigger name I cant remember

1 Like