We need to make tiding bannable on LRP

I actually agree with you, tiding is really fun (not sarcastic here, its why I love playing sec on LRP, and I love tiding occasionly as an assistant)

The issue is when I play captain, for example recently I had a cap round where within a literal minute of spawning in I had four assistants, none antags, all rushing into my office with guns, insulateds, sechuds, fire axes; you name it

I literally had to kill every single one with my caps laser gun and sword; I can gaurentee you this happens every time I play captain to some degree

Its just not fun, I can see why no one plays cap on LRP; ive seen multiple 90 pop lrp rounds recently with no captain slots filled, there is a reason for that.

2 Likes

Actually we had a cap main named eliza kluster. she was bound to be the most cancerous captain to ever existed

1 Like

eliza was shit but I can kinda understand why they where so shit, it was deff a over-response to dealing with the spare rush, but it totally puts players in that position where it becomes more about command vs greytide

3 Likes

When I play Captain and HoS I stop spare rushes and armory rushes but its still cancer because I get called an asshat for killing or gualging those people. Still shouldn’t be bannable, I mean jeez its LRP, I’ve said it plenty of times but I LOVE the chaotic spirit of LRP.

3 Likes

eh, I mean preventing a literal blood bath from occuring at the start of every round might be a good idea, especially considering any new player trying out captain for the first time will try it, die within the first minute of playing to a horde of assistants and never play it again

2 Likes

I mean, you weren’t called asshat for your captain playstyle more how you were as a assistant. There’s a reason why i enjoyed playing against you

lol are you sure it wasn’t roboticist? because today i gave a robo shaft miner access while also renaming him to E

I usually consider you an asshat because of the constant validhunting in the same riot gear literally every round i see you, playing captain as an assistant

new player

captain

Just… no. Please don’t play cap if you are new.

When I said new player, I meant new to the role of captain.

this has to be a shitpost

3 Likes

every post you’ve ever made has been a travesty

2 Likes

Nah just reinforce the cap office on lrp, maybe make some seccies spawn them as a cap guard job, with his sole responsibility being the bridge (like warden, but for bridge). Give him some flashers and everything will be fiiiiiiine.

I will agree that its too easy to get aa though.

tbh a blueshield would be exactly what we need on LRP, with the authority to lethal anyone trying to break into the bridge/caps office.

1 Like

You know, I used to think that, but now I realize my posts are a comedy.

Thing is, you do shit like that you do become valid and anyone witnessing it gets to kill you, and sec (which is supposed to exist) is supposed to balance that out. But that’s all in theory. The rules are set how they are so that there’s a balance. Yes you can do all this, but people get to kill you. Thing is, nobody does because it’s challenging to fight off the tide, and it takes skill, both of which nobody, old players or new players want to do. And if you try, you’re the asshole because not only is it socially acceptable to tide, it’s socially accept-ed as how things should be.

It works in theory, but in practice, there is no balancing force to keep each round from being entirely chaotic.

2 Likes

its why there should be some OOC intervention to spare rushing tbh

just call it what it is; powergaming, its banned most places cause it ruins the flow of the round

Lrp is all about chaos, if you don’t like it, go to mrp. I don’t even think they want you on there

2 Likes

ban AA rushing

this is chaos lrp…

not hugbox lrp like ““mrp””

1 Like

It works in theory, but in practice, there is no balancing force to keep each round from being entirely chaotic.

yeah that’s kind of what people like about LRP, it being chaotic and all. “ME NO LIKE SERVER, SERVER REVOLVE AROUND ME, FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE SERVER FOR ME, OOGA OOGA” man shut your gumball machine headass the fuck up

tiding is an essential part of the LRP experience, if you wanted to make AA harder to get (but not bannable lol) so it isnt just “me weld wall and spear locker” and something else instead id understand, but tiding as a whole? lol

dont know why i replied to mcrideinspace i meant to reply to maggotguy, im rart

5 Likes

Ye. Banning tiding shouldnt be the solution, if anything, just make it so that bridge is an actual challenge to break into.

Maybe even encourage captains to lethal peeps by making ai not shit on them??? Somehow???

1 Like