Want events? Submit your ideas here: Electric Boogaloo 2

this was done before

it was not liked.

2 Likes

Ban 'em, wack! >:c
/s

4 witless people are brought together by bad guys to cause Armageddon? Sounds like Metalocalypse.

Serial Killers.
A couple of characters are given a category of people their crazy minds say need to die, like Felinids or characters with Caucasian skin tones.
The character with the most kills that fit their target profile without being caught wins.

In memory of @Wrill , taken from us so tragically, a Centcomm funeral service.
An admiral who served as a lowly assistant on Space Station 13 died and requested that he be buried in a fine funerary complex built next to the station he started his career on. The event would be building the finest possible tomb and then holding a funeral.
You could even make it a challenge by having an antagonist goal to steal something belonging to the deceased.

All you would need to do is spawn the admirals (soulless) body, and deliver it to the Station.

2 Likes

MULTI-Z ORBITAL STATIONS.

Legit just the regular stations but with a Z level above that is also affected by gravity, so that antags can have fun multi-z Infiltration/exfiltration fun.

maybe just do a whole 5 or 7 rounds where we know that this is a complication and afew of them have nuke-ops teams with a reduced budget and a lone Ops or for a round or two as well.

Yeah this is lacking from the post.

We want events that tend to promote RP in a way that can’t really happen in a regular round. Most of us aren’t really interested in TDM events or events that boil down to “the station, but with guns now”.

Some principles:

• The less coding or technical overhead, the better.
  • Can this be a bus instead? If yes, then it should be a bus.
  • How much does this rely on goodwill from people? The more you have to “trust” players, the more at risk you are of a few people ruining everything and making it unfun. You of course can counteract this with staff, but then refer to the first bulletpoint on this list.

Sidenotes:
Taking inspiration from some material is fine, I’d go as far as say that it’s part of the natural creative process.
Directly referencing something without making any effort to fit it in the universe of SS13 (Nanotrasen etc.) damages immersion and thus RP, as it becomes extremely difficult to improvise something when the person you are talking to is wearing a yugi-oh wig while making fortnite dances.

6 Likes

Make a random mentor admeme for a round and let them act as an Dungeon Master and decide everything in the round and make their own story for the entire station.

A round with an Asiimov AI with malf powers but no objectives while all of the crew is forced to be non-human with one antag that is a human crewmember, preferably a loud antag like a nukie or something. The crew has to deal with the antag without giving the AI probable cause to murder everyone.

You would probably have to make an announcement that you can’t just kill the AI to stop the miners and explo crew from going gamer mode

1 Like

Sure

Will you map this btw :troll:

Wait. what happened to Wrill?

Wouldn’t it just be a whole lot of the same, snowless roof tile set? am I gonna have to download a map .DMI? so I can just put a whole damn layer of steel atop meta, delta and box station?

because ngl, having this show up as a bi-monthly event to just fuck with all the meta/delta/box simps would be glorious.

1 Like

They comitted maximum self ban, since the admin team won’t play these “ban me pls, then unban later when I ask” games anymore.

1 Like

It would be very easy to do, and I wouldn’t mind even doing it for you since its a 5mind job. That being said… Im not sure how fun it would be. Anyone could get in anywhere with a RCD, how do you defend against that and what fun would arise for the majority of players and not just the antags?

well this is mostly an idea that is meant to spice up the usual fare of Nuke-ops by giving them a crazy entry tool with a reduced budget to compansate.

I won’t deny, I like this as a concept mostly so we can joke about how the station is designed entirely horizontally when space is 3 Dimensional.
I also wouldn’t mind it being a repeatable event that we can use to give people second thoughts about Meta/delta/box.

Refugees:

A large group of refugees are due to arrive at the station, process them, feed them and heal them. Warning, there are probably enemy agents hiding in the crowd,

1/3 - 1/2 the pop cap spawn at CenCom, just placed upon several shuttles and get sent to the station. All refugees are hungry and injured to some extent, some have brain traumas, a couple of antags within the refugees. Lots of RP opportunities for all involved.

5 Likes

antagonist mindshielded crews
like tot sec, ling cap, heretic hos

Genuinely, why?

1 Like

this did happen and it was awful because of the usual head metaprotection meaning nobody suspected them

1 Like

Invert the silicon and carbon dynamic. Silicons are lawless, carbons have siliconmov “laws” via brainwashing or something.

1 Like