Offender’s CKEY: unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Boobert Spoonman, Truthbringer

Server (Sage or Acacia):Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):12-9-2022

Round Number:41724

Rules Broken:Naming guidelines

Incident Description:A moth was named Truthbringer and the chef has an odd Name

Additional Information:

“Truthbringer” is a single-word noun and therefore complies with the naming guidelines for moths, in my opinion.

Both “Bobert” and “Spoonman” are real names, if a bit uncommon.

2 Likes

Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child.

If someone told me their name was Bobert Spoonman IRL I would have a good laugh because that is a very unusual name. Maybe on their own either would be fine but the combination of a strange first and last name is ehhh. Bobert Smith, meh. John Spoonman, sure. Bobert Spoonman? LMAO

4 Likes

Truth noun
bringer noun
Feels like they are separate words, but hell I used to do something else rather than my english homework so I guess that came to bite me in the ass.

I messed up my name the first time, I won’t lie. This is the first time I’ve ever played a nonhuman in SS13 so I’m not familiar with the customs and lore. But an admin talked through it with me and said it was ok. I can change it again but I would really prefer to keep my existing name if thats ok since it conforms with the naming polices.

3 Likes

I plugged truth bringer into google translate and got “Veritas Dator” and it’s pretty good.

There may be some other moth named Veritas on station though…

“Lie ender” came out as “Fines Mendacium” which is pretty good too.

1 Like

Was kinda vague when I wrote up “single word” names. Some concepts can be mashed together into a single word (as per mine: Sunburnt = Sun Burned / Ovenmitt = Oven Mitt)

It should generally be fine as long as you arent going 3+ “words” and it has no spaces

Quite alot of the examples I gave had no criticism as per:

Bobert Spoonman is not acceptable for a human name.
Truthbringer, while technically a single word, to me at least sounds off-kilter for a moth and more of a clown/mime name. In addition to not strictly being an object, concept, or event.

Previous compliance note overruled by head admin Fresh.

Report accepted.