CKEY: AVeryWeirdMan

Your Discord: Not in bee discord.

Offender’s CKEY: ?

Offender’s In-Game Name:

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 18/01/2023

Round Number: 42318

Rules Broken:14

Incident Description: B-lined to my location when i was prepping at the start of the round for no reason, very suspecious.

Additional Information: (i was a heretic, no crew had seen me at the time holding knives or syringes, my suit sensors was in ‘off’)

Uh, dude. If you were the botanist, then I saw your circle with a knife in it and reported it to security for being suspicious. I even made sure to be vague and let sec piece it together since I’m not supposed to have antag knowledge. I’m sorry you got caught in an unlucky way, but they were not metacomming.

3 Likes

You literally b-lined to my location to see it.

I didn’t, I was wandering maint. for light boxes (we had a light destruction round start event and no boxes because corg) and maint. loot since I was tot. And I stumbled upon it and saw you next to it. It was very unlucky but there was nothing powergamey or meta about how I discovered it.

4 Likes

The place i was had no maint loot, i was in the abandoned long corridor (EDIT: specifiying, at the end of it), if you did want to, you’d enter one of the actual maint doors in that abandoned corridor, but you just b-lined to my location.

I did not beeline for your stuff. I’m sorry man but this is just not true. I was roaming from the south and came up north.

2 Likes

Uh-huh, ye, i believe you.

As a sec, ‘exploring maints’ b-lines to the end of the abandoned corridor behind botany.

“I just wanted maint loot.”

Whatever dude. We should just let admins look at the logs and they will see my point. There’s no point in making this thread any bigger than it needs to be if you just wanna argue.

2 Likes

Same, honestly.

What logs?
We don’t log people just walking around.

It’s very common for a lot of roles to just wander around maints at the beginning of a shift. I do that as doctor all the time because there aren’t any hurt people at the start of a shift so it’s nice to try and find an early operating computer board.
You got unlucky. It happens. It’s part of the game.

8 Likes

But there logs of me reporting it to security. So the metacomms accusation makes no sense since it was all done IC.

3 Likes

True, and I was the AI that round.
I personally remember you telling them that.

I meant that there aren’t gonna be logs of you just walking into them, because again, we don’t log people just walking about.

5 Likes

Maybe I miscommunicated but honestly, it doesn’t really matter. The metacomms accusation doesn’t make sense given the context still.

2 Likes

Damm, they gotta make replays.

1 Like

Janni saw it and he tought it was metacomms too.

But can you guys at least check if he was opening maints doors prior to this? I don’t know if that’s true, and the way things happened was pretty sus.

Reporting metacoms is hard because you need more evidence than “this person opened up a random door in maintenence when I was there”. You’re also reporting a person who plays a shitload of miner, so i’m not even sure they could even be metacoming with anyone :joy:

It would be one thing if you watched them get hypnoflashed by the same few people every single time someone in that small group rolled traitor, or if they died and someone immediately was like “where is x?”, which are both things that i’ve seen and still can’t get enough together to report it yet.

This is just a case of bad luck here, you’re lucky it wasn’t a valid hunter that found you.

3 Likes

Ye, but i think it might not be just bad luck, when i’m an antag next time, i’ll record my gameplay and try to do things that can’t be metacommed without looking like obvious metacomm.

You would have to be observing to even start to notice metacoming, your own point of view recorded wouldn’t really show much of anything that is of much use, since the person in question would have to be observed the entire round to determine if it is or not.

1 Like

Actually, there’s ways, for example, conside the following fictional scenario: a sec breaks into a departament for strange IC reasons, goes exactly to a especific section that can provide no benefit to sec officers, and finds a traitor there, if that was recorded, that would be obvious metagame.

That is, in fact, the opposite of what I meant…

1 Like