Tubestation Development Thread

You need a keycard panel somewhere. Also i would swap the location of cap’s locker and the plant in the “Bedroom” cause then all it would take for a tot to break in and steal the locker and/or disk (Solo op.) is one C4/X4 or napalm.

2 Likes

Oh uh, just so it dosnt fall of the grid - im done-ish with cargo, doing engineering now

4 Likes

If you actually do this. Based.

3 Likes

I hope we have a testable version by April.

2 Likes

Bitch you’ll have one by febuary, unless my boss decides he actualy gives a fuck about me working and calls me in to work alot

3 Likes

I was giving a realistic timescale based upon an assumed work schedule. Lol.

1 Like

Question: can blast doors be placed on top of tubes, and do they block the capsules? If so, this could have interesting potential uses (each island gets a ‘quarantine’ button?).

1 Like

They can be placed on top, but they dont block shit since capsules already go through walls and shit

1 Like

Theres also a decent chance i’ll have to replace the tubes with dispsals tubes or actual walkaways, for sake of it actualy working as a map, but if at all that comes after i finish the meme version

3 Likes

I have always found it unusual how the transport tubes which are designed to…transport, are slower than disposals loops and dont actually transport very well.

Also im pretty sure you can add more than one transport pod. Im not even sure if there is a limit to the number in a single tube/loop. So you could always put more in the tubes if need be. Whether or not you can do this with the map editor i have no idea.

2 Likes

We can make them faster, we have the technology:

More… reasonable speeds are also possible.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Engineering is done-ish
Making atmos was a fucking nightmare
but it should be working:tm:

I dont wanna scare yall with my atmos monstrosity so here’s the CEs office instead.
Idea for the design came from the big man himself

“You’ve posted more than 21% of the replies here, is there anyone else you would like to hear from?”

8 Likes

Now put the SM in CE’s personal room

3 Likes

boarding time feels so long jesus

the reason boarding time was so long before was because of how punishing it was to miss the pod

it should be like 2x, 3x shorter since niw you barely care about missing it

2 Likes

Right now it feels very appropriate, more so with the much faster pods PR*

*Patent Pending

1 Like

Medbay should be mostly done at this point
i thought it’d be funny to show you the least interesting room of all
so heres the factory space

There a bunch of things i need to re-go-over or add once all departments are done
like adding more decals evrywhere, and disposals ect ect

4 Likes

Aight if this is gonna be a legit (even a meme) dev thread, can you kill the thread timer?

2 Likes

Hey uh. Go to 1:05 in this video (TG/SS13: Long shift on Campbell and somone just built another station. - YouTube)

Did you guys see what i saw? The tube took 2 fucking seconds.

Whats the possibility of porting TG’s tubes for Tubestation to become reality without compromises?

Kay so
i timed with current-tubes the longest tube there is
civilian to medical
takes 17.6 secods
:trolled:

2 Likes