The thing about MRP is

I want an atmosphere where at least 80% of people are doing non-chaotic things so that stealth antags and subterfuge are possible, but I don’t want it to be forced by the rules.

1 Like

it would be easier to force it. what you’re saying sounds ridiculously difficult to do

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Cae you think im joking?

For some reason, i can get away with knowing a little engineering on Aurora as a Botanist. But attempting to do that on Sage? Nope. No IC reason, you are infringing upon Engineering’s territory. Stop now.

Theres a difference between knowing engineering and breaking into engineering as a random service job to do engineers’ work.

Please dont pull things out of your ass

Botany starts with all tools except for a welder and multitool on Delta. I tried taking out the wall between the growing room and Botany’s backroom and for some reason thats…bad?

1 Like

Screenshot or it didn’t happen

And if it is real and you got a note/ban for it I suggest appealing it because thats utter bullshit

I didnt get anything for it. Just a little secret message saying you shouldnt do that. This was months ago so i dont remember when it happened. But this was just a basic example to prove my point.

I agree admins should interfere more and let conflicts resolve themselves more IC. The general interaction with admins goes: you get bwoinked, you explain your situation, you get noted or banned. There should be more IC consequences and less direct admin intervention.

Also antags are neglected most of the times. It feels like antags on sage are meant be game for sec to hunt. They should really be what makes the rounds interesting and what change up the pace of the game. Instead they are overnerfed and pushed to the side, they’re more like a feature instead of the point of the game. Doesn’t help that there’s 100 officers with 2hit stamcrit weapons roaming about, doing validhunting and nothing else.

Also rules/laws give seccies a lot of free passes. There’s a lot more a seccie can get away with then regular people. Killing/critting someone so they stay dead for 2 mins is a offense, but brigging someone 5 minutes for a shove is often disregarded completely. Sec seems completely focused on validhunting/winning and not on doing their job. Most pety crimes don’t even get noticed (theft, drug use) because seccie that was meant to be there is across the station, validhunting a heretic or whatever. Wouldn’t blame them, cause most IC issues get slapped with a ban by admins before a sentence is even issued.

1 Like

That is something i noticed as well. Because the admins actually bwoink people for IC issues there is next to nothing sec has to do but valid hunting. I understand getting bwoinked for things that might ruin the round or massively go against RP rules ( xd rofl netspeech, ■■■■■■hunter69 as a first name) but
getting bwoinked for mutating plants for their traits?
Getting bwoinked as an AI because I had a trolley dillemma with crew lives WHILE the actual event is not even over (basically getting the anger from the crew for ignoring all orders during that time because the admin persisted on speaking to me now instead of after the round)
Admins from my experience so far try to solve IC issues either with bwoinks or bans mid round instead of making it more interactive for the crew or by solving it with IC tools.

1 Like

This seems to be very true.

Imagine for a second that the roles are changed:

• you see an engineer repairing a breach. You walk next to them and shove them into space.
  • you see a doctor performing surgery. You walk next to them and shove them, interrupting their surgery step and causing damage to the patient.
  • you see a scientist trying to neutralize an anomaly. You walk next to them and shove them into a wall.

You see a security officer. You’re feeling like a cool rebel that fights the power, so you shove them during an arrest. You then compare being brigged for this assault according to space law to attempted murder.

Could it be that you’re the problem?

Admins literally wrote “you are nanotrasens employ, act like it” on one of appeals/bans.

They enforce acting like an employ.

Not necessarily during an arest. You interact with seccie at any point you get 2min brig time.

By interact I assume you mean “shove for no reason” or “slip for no reason” or “keep pushing/dragging away for no reason”? You should start treating officers as any other job, don’t assault people for no reason.

1 Like

K. So dont do that then bro

By that logic, any other job is allowed to remove people from the round for 5 minutes for doing the exact same interactions?

Yes. Its called “snitching”

The people assaulting officers are choosing to spend 5 minutes in a cell for crimes they chose to do.

1 Like

MRP, for me, is just lrp but people wont laugh at you for roleplaying.

I think you’re confusing mrp and hrp

1 Like