The thing about MRP is

For those who don’t get the joke: He’s referring to Golden LRP, yaknow, the server that it’s whole point is for the people who are A: Learning the mechanics for those not ready to RP, and/or B: “I don’t like that there is RP on the RP server”.

I’ll be honest, I’ve had dozens of people from my community learn to play on Bee and I pretty much universally got the feedback of “Golden was hell” to the point that I just recommended they learn on Sage instead.

I learned on RP servers myself aswell, but I’ve heard many people since the 2019 era concerned about RP getting in the way of them learning the game one way or another. Hince the latter part of that statement:

Learning the mechanics for those not ready to RP

Though, TBH, a good RP environment helps a ton with learning, come into it willing to ask for help “Heyo, this is my first shift” style, and getting heads who will actually mentor you hands-on.
Number one cause of issues: Lack of communication. This is a global thing in basically every non-singleplayer game and much of life.

1 Like

Sage is where I (re)-learned too, I just kind of wish that the admins would be less quick to push newbies to go to Golden because when my nerds did that the outcome was generally pretty negative.

bruh why are u acting like lrp is just a nesting place for angry dodo birds

Because I see so many angry dodo birds on the forums because they want to avoid RP on SageRP instead of just going to the lower RP server.

well A) they can’t fly so there’s no reason to be insensitive. and B) can someone plz just come up with a way to force a migration from mrp to lrp. i have 0 ideas on how to do that but it would def be nice

Coming soon to a server near you.

April 1st 2021

I know exactly what you are going to do.

I am going to tell you now. Its a great (Terrible) idea.

People like horror too though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what you find eerie I find mildly thrilling. Ironic, considering I’m a bit of a coward with regards to horror movies/games. :sweat_smile:

People keep talking about Golden like its Sage without RP but that’s not really true… RP isn’t the only reason people (me) play on sage.
Golden has a more chaotic experience due to validity rules, non human rules, forced antag every round, even when 2 people are on (from what I’ve been told) and murderbone being extremely common and allowed.

Kinda frustrating being told to fuck off to Golden when I just want a calmer atmosphere where I don’t have to worry about who is going to muderbone me this round just because I don’t want a super strict conduct policy where actions such as assistants running around maints or just wandering around not doing anything and even petty stuff like innocent sounding names being frowned upon because they “aren’t up to the standards I personally want”

Sage was pretty much my dream server… somewhere I can goof off, do my job and have basic interactions with people, helping where I can.
It was the nice middle ground, people at least pretended to be a character instead of shouting game terms, there were restrictions on murderbone, Green shift gave us a break to just mess around and AI by default wasn’t breathing down my neck because I was non human (granted that was recent).
I know this was changed but even before it was, the same phrase was still being thrown around.
The speed increase on golden, personally unbearable, threw muscle memory out completely and made combat impossible. Not sure how that’s meant to be new player friendly when its only tryhards who profit from it but whatever, its gone now.

TLDR
Calm or Lax. Pick one.
Why not both?

1 Like

Easy solution. If someone is banned for only breaking rules that apply to MRP send them over to LRP

I have an idea:

Why don’t we just open a HRP server, with literally no rules except ethics and REALLY hard role playing. The only thing people have to obey is space law, and it is between humans, not gods. You act like as if you were in real life, if you caught disobeying the law you get the approriate punishment and people getting their job far more seriously. Mandatory procedures etc. If something like this happens the power and number of antags should be nerfed due to over realism.(I don’t mean remove magic by realism) I don’t know if people agree with me but this seems like a very good idea. On subreddit i saw dozens of people searching HRP servers with no ERP. Maybe this is the oppurtunity.

But… Current Golden has been chill for the (admitedly short) time I’ve been playing it (compared to Sage, anyway)…

Please consider basing your opinion of Golden on what it is today rather than what it used to be like

I heard its better than what it was and I was honestly surprised I made it onto the shuttle during a round but the rest of the time I watched or played descended into madness and murderbone, direct and indirect. (within the last month)

Some of my opinion is purely based on the rules listed:
-Valids
-66% murderbone exeption (unless that was changed, nothing states either way)
-AI Default lawset and exploitation

My point was that saying “Go to golden if you don’t like RP” is a bit of a bad faith argument

well at the very least it doesn’t seem to work.

golden might be more consistently chaotic but there’s definitely tons of rounds on sage where it’s 3x more chaotic than it is on golden. that’s prolly bc there’s 3x more people on sage so …

I guess, probably just confirmation bias based on pop.
5 deaths of 60 isn’t as noticeable as 5 deaths in 10

1 Like

honestly i am still puzzled as to why there was an initial migration from lrp to mrp. my current theory is that people are lemmings

3 Likes

Honestly sometimes i feel like Sage is over HRP at this point…cause i actually play HRP servers…and sometimes the shit that goes down there is more insane than the shit that goes down on Sage and no one gets banned. In fact the ban rates on servers (Specifically Aurora.) are lower than the rates on Sage or even Golden. At least from what i can tell.