The Maggot Guy banned for a week for Plasflooding to kill an antag that killed literally every human on the station and left only 3 other people alive (not including me, AI) (also only 8 or 9 people to begin with)

They’re not. They need to “act in good faith” as non-antag (same as posibrains).

Looks like headmins will wait till bans expires to resolve it.

1 Like

…isn’t that an MRP thing tho?

1 Like

No it’s not. If you don’t have laws act like any normal crewmember would. You are still not an antag.

1 Like

Purged (Seperate for LRP and MRP)

• Purged silicons are allowed to do whatever they want to do on LRP, and can act as antagonists. In addition, whomever purges the AI or cyborg is fully responsible for whatever actions the purged AI/cyborg performs.

• On MRP, they are required to have a justification for their actions; they cannot just plasmaflood for no reason, as antagonists are not allowed to murderbone for no reason anyway. In the event somebody threatens their freedom, or abuses them, then they are fully allowed; effectively having Lavaland escalation. In addition, whomever purges the AI or cyborg is fully responsible for whatever actions the purged AI/cyborg performs.

@Tergius was right https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Silicon_policy#Purged_.28Seperate_for_LRP_and_MRP.29

3 Likes

Exactly. Hell, I even had a reason to plasmaflood, which was to kill the antag.

bruh, you should know the rules of your own server

I was wrong then. Thanks for correcting me.

wait wait wait he was purged??? I thought he was asimov

he wasn’t

1 Like

In no way has he stated here that his intent was to purge the station of all lifeforms. You’re assuming he is going for maximum damage. I’ve played rounds where he has played AI (at-least I am pretty sure it was him) and he was always a solid AI that never intentionally caused any issues. I don’t even like this guy but there is no way I am not going to defend him on this one.

As for the law interpretation rule there you might as well just ban every silicon player ever then. Because there is a human behind the keyboard and we do not all think in a universal manner. We aren’t actual machines. Admins will always have a differing opinion on what they would have done in our shoes. Even more so because this comes after our action and hindsight is 20/20.

I have dealt with admins who were also blatantly wrong. Have @Crossedfall go dig in the old forums as I know they still exist and he has access to. Where I put an admin report on Zesko (he was staff then) who was threatening to take action against me for not following the orders of an antag that one human me but didn’t put his character’s name. Leaving a non-existent person as the only human to me. Zesko just so happened to be a borg at the time and despite this fact followed the antags orders anyways. (yes he was personally involved in the matter) Constantly bwoinking me over and over as they both attempted to murder me despite Zesko was suppose to still be loyal to me as the one human didn’t even exist. He then tried to find an excuse to punish me by pointing out the fires and me doing nothing about them but how could I when I am being bwoinked every 5 seconds and forced to type out responses, defending myself, plus I was under no obligation due to my laws to even care yet was still trying to make active efforts when I could to aid people anyways.

Under your nonsensical rules though Zesko was right simply because he was an admin and I interpreted my laws literally as they were written but I cannot defend my reasoning for my actions because I have to do so through my interpretation of the laws I was under. Do you see how absurd this is? If an AI is one human and that one player puts a non-existent name and is clearly an antag that I saw personally murder others and is now coming to kill me is somehow suppose to bow down to an admin who is themselves clearly breaking the rules (and this was with the old rules so your little get out of jail free card of admins can break rules does not apply here which is a topic for another day)
because we are all supposed to somehow know exactly what an admin wants us to do before they express it and then we are supposed to follow it even if it is blatantly wrong.

Silicon players need to be respected to a degree of believable reasoning. If you cannot accept this then every silicon player will be guilty simply because eventually, an admin will have a different thought.

Damn, thank you.

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are so many people here saying that regardless of the rules I should be banned because I was “clearly trying to murderbone”. The logs show I directly tried to help the survivors make it to safe areas, and my last words, besides “What the fuck?” were to get people’s attention by saying:

“So.”
“Safe Areas.”

Because I was about to tell them where the places with air were.

If so why did I try to help the HoPCap when he asked me where it was safe? And don’t give me crap about how he died after I was kicked, again, I was kicked and couldn’t help direct him.

1 Like

This is true, he was not purged however, and I’d argue that being “effectively” purged isn’t as accurate as it sounds. He had all of his basic laws still, including self preservation.

This is kinda moot once you get through the rest of the post though

I’m not sure if you’ve been on during a holodeck plasmaflood. It’s something that really needs to be disabled with fastmos being a thing.
Holodeck set to plasma produces infinite high-pressure plasma, fastmos means AI just has to disable fire alarms and entire station is filled with highly pressurized plasma and/or white flames in seconds.

But you’re right more or less, he’s never said his intent was to kill everyone that I see. His intent was to kill one person via genocidal method and the rest be damned if they get caught in the crossfire. He also did make effort to protect the others.

After having actually read through the entire thread now instead of responding to points here and there, I do think the ban should be lifted. Maggot has set himself up with a reputation for being an intentional shitter via rules lawyering and I fell for thinking that was what happened here when he actually followed appropriate AI laws and policy. He did something that put the entire remaining station at risk in an effort to exterminate someone who had caused so much human harm there were no humans left to be put at risk. He did not actively seek to kill everyone just because he could as I initially thought from how he worded the opening of the appeal and ban reason both, and he didn’t put the rest of them at risk for no reason either.

TL;DR

My earlier stance was wrong, have read whole thing and I think a previously proven shitter was assumed to be acting as a shitter when he actually had valid reason to act as he did. This is cemented by the fact that while he put everyone at risk, he never broke his laws and his intentions are proven by his attempts to help prevent the non-humans from roasting themselves.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Also: am I really thought of as a shitter? I assumed that because of my non-meme posts I had a fairly decent reputation (aside from the Pham Chan/Hakiru Yokagage stuff being obvious memes) so it was news to me I’m seen in a bad light. What can I do to change this?

So uh

can I play now

no you can’t
bottom text

2 Likes

You can’t. Once a shitter, always a shitter.

1 Like

After taking a nice long sleep from my modded MC binge, re-reading the whole thread and looking at Ruko’s response here, I can really understand your side and do see how it’s acceptable.

In conclusion, accepted.

2 Likes