The Maggot Guy banned for a week for Plasflooding to kill an antag that killed literally every human on the station and left only 3 other people alive (not including me, AI) (also only 8 or 9 people to begin with)

This sounds… justifiable, tbh. That’s the point of having Asimov instead of Crewsimov.
It would be different if there was like, a dozen living crewmen still alive, that would’ve been a dick move. But with so few people left alive and his only relevant Law as self-preservation? Eh.

So the question is, was the round ruined for anyone besides Valery?
Was the shuttle called already when plasma-flood happened?
Was Valery actively hunting for more kills or was he just vibing?
Were surviving players doing any of their special projects or were they just hiding from Valery waiting for the shuttle?

2 Likes

Yeah, other people died as a result of this; not sure if the human that came was harmed but that guy got to sit on shuttle and be gamer with arcade.

You’re actually in favor of this ;dddd ?

depends on how you define ruined. Yes, I ended the round with the plasflood. But this is LRP, where you can murderbone, and this guy was talking all over the ooc in previous rounds about wanting to finally get antag, and he had been previously running around for people to kill earlier in the round. With nobody to stop him, the round was, in effect, already over.

No. HoPcap was trying to open the hopline (for some reason) while valery and the 3 people were fighting, and he survived on the bridge later, so I think he was just hiding there till all was over. I called the shuttle after playing with the fire a bit and he hailed me, asking for a safe area to escape to (“what areas are safe”) and I told him, and started to tell the others over common before I got banned.

When I realized I had no more masters I last saw him escape into a main shaft west of the brig, after earlier remarking about how lucky he was. I assume, because he was searching for kills earlier (I protected the chef, or maybe that was a different round, but I don’t think so) he was going to murderbone, also for the reasons stated above.

I don’t know. HoP wanted to open the HoP line for some reason, not sure what chap was doing, and the IPC sciguy probably had something he wanted to do, but idk. Like I said, with nobody left to stop the antag, the round was essentially over.

damn, that sucks. who?

I can see the justification for why it was fine and for why it’s not. So I am not sure yet.

this is kinda situational it seems but if no humans could be harmed then there’s no way this is justified as a ban.

1 Like

(This guy just wanted to plasmaflood and just wants to shoehorn in any reason so he can)

Yeah, you totes deserve to be unbanned here if your right about no one else getting hurt. The removing you from the server instantly when your intent was not to clearly grief was uncool to do to you too. Whether your ban is overturned or not you do have thought out argument for your actions here and didn’t simply go on some rampage.

In-fact in every case where I was accused of doing something wrong as AI (all successfully repealed by the way as every single ban was wrongful) I was always allowed to finish the round despite this. Again since you presented an argument that you, yourself can honestly believe to be right there was no need to instant ban you.

I think these sort of cases where everything from the person who ahelped and what they said in it should be public. Assuming the admin wasn’t the antag themselves. Because this all seems fishy and it sounds like you got screwed.

1 Like

Wanting to plasmaflood and waiting for situation that allows it is perfectly fine.
The question is: does this situation allow it?

2 Likes

I will admit I learned that I love plasflooding via holodeck due to its sheer destructive and awesome power when I did it by accident, but I don’t really go looking for excuses to do so. This was more of a realization that since there were no humans left to possibly harm, I could do what I wanted, and what I wanted was to plasmaflood and kill him. Who were you in the round btw

exactly. I was actively trying to help the remaining players escape successfully, going so far as to tell them where the safe areas with air were.

thank you.

I got bwoinked by kerbin first, I believe. I do not think anyone ahelped. Maybe the antag ahelped, idk

I believe it does; no humans to harm, and both an ic and ooc choice of “wait to die” or “have a fun plasmaflood that burns everything and kills the antag in a fun, over-the-top way” means I was perfectly valid to do what I did.

Again, both ick

and ock

what I did was fine

The CE, the guy you called an idiot while failing to do anything your self other than click track and call out location ;ddddddd
I died because I stood still and ate 4 stechkin bullets.

Would be very dumb that a non antag is allowed to plasma-flood the station; as this is what happened.

1 Like

you died to the antag buddy, and again, I’m not used to the meth speed everyone has on LRP, all I could do WAS call out locations and make benny hill jokes

1 Like

yeah it’s wayyyy too late here, I gotta sleep

we can argue about spessmans tomorrow

1 Like

I agree with the ban and think it should stick in this instance since plasma flooding the entire station to stop an antag doesn’t stop the fact that
1- new humans can sign up to a station you burnt to the ground causing harm
2- Any humans with their suit sensors off and still be alive would die
3- If any human managed to come back to life your action of making the station uninhabitable would cause harm.

4 Likes

Here is how I see this. There are no humans on the station, so you have no obligation to protect the people on the station anymore, that also means you have no obligation to murder anyone, human or not. If the non humans are fighting each other, why would you care? plasma flooding the station could cause future human harm (like PB said). It sounds like you just wanted to plasma flood, and found an excuse for it. Not only that, choices like that are WHY LRP has no pop. “hmm, no humans? time to plasma flood” so like no shit no one wants to go play on LRP when there are people like you still there.

2 Likes

Like PowerfulBacon said: Nanotrasen would still be hiring humans, and a human could arrive at anytime with the shuttle. Making the station uninhabitable for future humans would be a violation of the first law of Asimov.

AIs don’t have to care about future harm, anyway if the killer would still be alive they would die anyway.

He says he made sure that none of the humans remained.

Low-pop, everyone dead, how could a human comeback to life?

He should’ve flooded only a part of the station or lock him up, but considering circumstances I think the flooding was kinda justified and he should’ve been only noted for this.

Rules say you cannot act as an antagonist for the greater good, it says it somewhere let me find it

Le maggot guy has arrived, let’s go back to arguing spessmans again like the chads we are

It was 2:30 in the morning here and relatively early here. I had no reasonable expectation that anyonw was actually going to sign up, and the only person who actually did was
literally named “Blmlmlmlmlmlmmlm Blmlmlmlmlmlmlmlmlm”, who people immediately said “oh great a shitter” about, and whose only words were “I’m Black”

I checked though. If they had their sensors off, they said absolutely nothing. With the information I had at the time I believed there to be no humans on board.

Who was going to clone people? The antag? The nonexistant medical staff? Would you, as an IPC or Moth, try to face against a murderboning LRP antag who killed 4 other people, including 2 people with axes, just to clone someone?

Also, there are exceptions to the “might cause harm to a human/crew rule”. For example, if there is a non-crew/human antag isolated to a small area, you can bolt/shock the doors and vent all the air and just tell all the crew/humans not to go there.

Also, the AI is supposed to be short sighted in preventing immediate or guaranteed harm over possible future harm. Choosing to not to stop the antag over the slight chance somebody might join lowpop Bee LRP at 2:30 in the morning is a little dumb, and people would’ve gotten mad at me for doing nothing anyway.

because I have free will at that point I can do whatever I want, and again, I wanted to kill the antag.

exactly

yes

this

this is fair. If a note was all that was given out, I may have disagreed, but I wouldn’t have appealed, because plasflooding is a classic griefer move and admins need a way to track that stuff to build a case in the event they believe someone was actually griefing.

Rules also say you can plasflood in extreme cases of guarenteed crew/station destruction like a xeno swarm, and I’m pretty sure an extremely robust antag that killed literally everyone who tried to stop him including another antag and 2 people with fucking axes who is then going to kill me and everyone else is an “extreme threat”.

I’m not a fan of plasma flooding the whole station just to kill one antag, but I’d have to check the logs if only the antag died from the plasmaflooding. Flooding anything is really risky that’s why it’s a last resort, like even with N20 to try to get the antag to pass out so you can section off and panic syphon that area is risky because they might have internals prepped already and you might just have made it easier for the antag to kill everyone else.

These I agree with if someone did join or if a human died forom it (again someone or I would have to check the logs). Personally I want to try to get up a rule that you can’t murder bone on LRP during low pop because after seeing it almost happen and almost having to call the shuttle because the antags were just murder boning and almost holding the round hostage just to murder bone. LRP is suppose to be chaotic, but it isn’t suppose to be everyone in deadchat waiting 30 minutes for the round to end after a traitor gets a tank of plasma and the hand teleporter kills half (4 people) the crew and decides to fuck around till they get bored.

To summarize myself, you shouldn’t have plasma flooded but at the bottom line the logs need to be checked to see the damage. If someone did join/a human died as a result I agree with both bans, if only the antag died at the end I think the server ban should be shortened at least

1 Like