Sole admin app? //DENIED//

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

longines main, sole2299 banned alt

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

i’m permbanned from the beestation discord (u can check why lmao it was a while ago), but my discord is sole​:bomb::crystal_ball:#4923

but i’m not really interested in the discord side of beestation, just the forums, and the actual game

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):

eastern standard, i play mostly from 7 PM to 2 AM pretty much every day

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

i think my presence on the server has had mixed influence, but as an admin, i’m really only intending to help golden avoid dire circumstances. just through u know, banning ppl doing garbage stuff

How old are you?:

i’m 21

Why do you want to be an admin?:

i’d say mostly to help, but i think it’s only to help. help Golden. that’s it

How long have you been playing SS13?:

it’s been a full year i’m pretty sure

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

same amount of time. 1k live hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

around 6 but i act like an 8. that’s :key:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

no

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

there’s another one i used for like 2 days before longines? the ckey is TONTA

Your strengths:

i’m persistent, i maintain self-awareness annnnnnnd i don’t like to half-ass stuff

Your weaknesses:

-tendency to use profanity
-i can be inconsistent
-i can veer into irrationality amidst overreaction
-checkered past

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

indifference. this is a personal problem that i’m not sure I’ve really dealt with yet

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

for golden i think just being online would be cool lmao

What makes a staff team good?:

cohesiveness for moving in a certain direction, individuality for better quality ideas

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

executing any idea, generally, is easier when you have people you can work well with around you.

What kind of player are you?:

ummmm i typically play cmo on golden, i mostly focus on: setting up medbay, waiting for ppl to die, being an antag, upping my self-defenses via guns (tho recently i learned u could emp a compact defib), and lizard civil rights because i’m not a scalie u fuck

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

honestly besides being less combative, i hope i don’t change that much. not planning on it

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

tell the clown you shouldn’t mess with antag objectives, then tell the clown that spacing the HOS gun qualifies as messing with antag objectives. first offense is a warning + a note so it’s on the record that the first offense happened… then 2nd offense and 3rd offense are bans which lengths i would determine based on previous other bans and notes*

*i’ll just say that while i don’t recommend mouthing off to admins, that i don’t expect remorse in a ticket. i would expect consequences to generate remorse, not my words

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

this is blatant self-antag. blatant self-antag, to me, means an unavoidably lengthy ban. i would immediately call grief and permaban if it was a very new account, but if not i would do at the minimum 2 weeks

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

nothing

bonus post-application preface

i am not expecting welcome and open arms lmao. I’ve said some very mean things to plenty of people on bee, both admins and players, plenty of times. i’m not erasing that, and on an individual basis, i would definitely apologize for some of it. but on the other end, there are things that i definitely do not regret saying. so if u have a grievance with me personally, and u want to say what that is, then do. if not then SMASH THAT -2 jk SMASH THAT -1 PLZ.

1 Like

A >100 hour player is playing Chief Engineer. The SM is setup, and they decide to build a singulo in Engineering.

Some time later after the Singularity is running stably, they decide to go build a project in space. An antag enters engineering and sabotages the PA control computer, which eventually causes the singularity to expand and escape containment.

Any issues with this? Anyone at fault? Anything you should do?

A security officer spends their entire shift tableslamming inmates in Permanent Confinement and otherwise perma-stunning them. They ignore the rest of the going ons around the station and focus on tableslamming the 2-3 people in perma.

Any issues with this? Anyone at fault? Anything you should do?

1 Like

I personally recommended them to apply based on their overall improvements in behavior and obvious care for the server, so I’m going to start with a +1 with more or less depending on how the thread goes.

Being aware of your weaknesses and actively trying to better yourself are strong indications of good character. With as strong as your motivations are, I think you’re worth giving a shot as admin.

T: +1

Discord is kind of mandatory for notifications and communication, at least for the admin channels, so that ban will have to go if this does end up getting accepted.

Yes. This is a failure to do your job as CE. They built a singulo and left it unattended, and the worst happened bc of it. 100+ hours means they might be able to claim ignorance, so single if they can or multi-day if they can’t.

Failure to do your job as sec, and quite frankly a red flag. Sec ban for a week (and not a server ban, bc this isn’t self-antag, I think)

Thank you I also think this HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

alright. in my defense it was kinda funny

Self awareness? I kinda doubt it based on your forum behaviour, but hey, at least you got a lot of optimism for golden. Thats something.

1 Like

Bruh. I didnt even have to look that far.

1 Like

um persistence and consistency mean completely different things. the words are unrelated so what you’re saying makes no sense

also it seems like you’re confusing self-awareness for self-control

No im not confusing anything. Though it would be great to get at least some admin on lrp.

i’m permbanned from the beestation discord

i think the least one can expect from an admin is to not be currently banned on any aspect of the comunity

Same for reasons above, plus hasn’t been… dignified on the forums, to put it lightly.

T: -2

do u even know what the ban was for? almost a full year ago, i posted nsfw (it was very funny nsfw ok? this was not a terrorist attack) in general chat, and got banned.

but… i did do this on purpose so i could force myself to leave, and i wanted to leave the discord bc i was acting kind of deranged. lmao

plenty of instances that support what you said. -and ur mind seems made up anyways

What type of bans can a trialmin give without authorization, if any? Answer that, please.

2 Likes

aye, i trust Rukos judgement on this.

enough said.

You can’t be admin if you are permabanned. Appeal the ban first

i’m finding this general consensus to be a little bit strange

but listen if nan kelliday says so then i can do that

i believe server+permabans need auth’d and job bans do not

He actually read admin conduct. Or, at the very least, knows it. Good answer. Only advice is to sound more confident. That’s all.

2 Likes

It’s a no from me.
https://forums.beestation13.com/t/is-golden-neglected-yes
Just in general the way you conduct yourself when speaking with other people, makes you not someone I’d like to see representing bee.

That doesn’t even take into question your current permaban as well as history.