Small feature megathread

I will concede this if you join me on an explo team where you exclusively throw yourself at every creature for melee combat with whatever melee option you can acquire AND don’t wind up needing me to haul your half dead corpse away for healing after.

2 Likes

I will concede this if you join me on an explo team where you exclusively throw yourself at every creature for melee combat with whatever melee option you can acquire AND don’t wind up needing me to haul your half dead corpse away for healing after.

If you have low ping, you can actually do this relatively easily. Get some distance between you and spider and watch how long it takes them to move, there is a short delay between them moving and them biting. If you time it right, you can let them move within one tile, smack em, and move another tile before they can do anything.

this falls apart on xeno stations, assassination missions and versus displacement/teleportation turrets.

1 Like

Sure just contact me when you’re ready, if our time zones aren’t too far appart and i’m not working when you contact me we can pull it off.
My discord is MrEloda#0166

Keep the Valentines day event going, not every round, but maybe 1 round in 4 or 5?

Wrong thread.

Valentines is fun but only if it stays as a yearly thing.

3 Likes

fuck i missed the valentines event again. I miss it every year

When you do the thing:

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it’ll still run for today. You still have a chance.

3 Likes

Valentines ends midnight UTC on the 16th

1 Like

You should be able to put medals on borgs.
IC, I know it’s like giving a medal to the proto-lathe or an emitter that prevented a blobpocalypse.
But OOC, borgs tend to be the most self-sacrificial, helpful, and useful players.
And a lot of the time, they’re being held to a higher RP standards than crew members.

I just think we should be rewarding being exceptionally excellent to each other in addition to punishing people who aren’t.

2 Likes

YES.
the borg that ACTUALLY does a good job under asimov in keeping the station secure and functioning deserves that robust SEC or honored crew medal.

Emergency Medical Deployment Beacon: requires a 3x3 space. Spawns 2 stasis units at 2 corners (or 1 stasis and 1 surgery) and 2 tables in the other 2 corners, with a surgery bag on one and a defib on the other.

This leaves room for people to get past in the middle while 2 doctors work on either side, for both N/S and E/W corridors. Has enough to get started, but requires extra equipment/tools bought from med to be fully utilised. Used to setup a temporary medbay in case of emergencies.

1 Like

make it a capsule like the ones miners get tho, not a beacon.

1 Like

I meant a capsule yeah.

You could quite easily make this by ripping the mining pod code!

1 Like

There is a medical capsule but its has no surgery just stasis

I hate to be the non-helpful dood, but there’s an emergency medbay holodeck program.

There is. And it is a great go to. But may not always be a valid option.

Can we hand feed borgs batteries to reward 'em? ^-^