Shuttle design submissions

just take yer time when building. even the smallest one took me around a hour to make.

i tend to make a rough hull shape first, then fill it out with internal walls and halls. that way you don’t end up with a weird hull, or convoluted/messy insides.

2 Likes

sdmmlauncher. Load the Beestation Environment (from Github) Then design away. Can take a while to make sense of.

2 Likes

these prices are paining me, fairly sure gas farms are the only way people are gonna be able to consistently afford them without crippling cargo.

1 Like

@spockye I think you forgot to add external airlocks on your ships lol

1 Like

nono, its a uhh… design feature! cargo bays are now also airlocks

1 Like

Bump, I’m gonna need more

Shuttle Name: Exodus Class Shuttle

Shuttle File: Dropbox - Exodus Class Shuttle.dmm - Simplify your life

Shuttle Photo:

Suggested Price: Around 100k maybe more

Additional Information: It has an SM in the back. An engineer is recommended to set it up. Other than that it contains many neat things to do with friends such as CAS cards and UNUM as well as a camera monitoring TV incase you get bored (the TV is there due to the insane price of this thing and I find it fun to just watch station cams). Other than that it has working atmos and power as I said earlier.

3 Likes

i would like more not gonna lie

1 Like

I think this shuttle should not come in capsules, instead they should dock in the station after purchase and be purchased in the communication console by the heads.

1 Like

I think the main idea was to give value to credits. A reason for crewmembers to try to acquire some and use them on something actually useful.

Having the whole thing be on Head’s consoles makes it meh

1 Like
1 Like

I tried to find how to make the shuttle but idk what I need to use and googling “sdmmlauncher” didn’t help me sadly.

Instead I just used paint.net to doodle this in the hope someone would adapt it.

It’s a kitchen shuttle. With the idea in mind to use it as a “food truck” gimmick where the chef can also go hunt for fresh ingredients.

The red parts are shutters.

The big X are windows

The “smaller” walls next to the fridge is the counter (with mini fans bellow to keep atmos good)

Ask questions if needed

6 Likes

Will the counters shutter or the airlock be the docking point to the station?

1 Like

The counters are supposed to be the docking point (So you can sell your food to hungry customers !)

Download it here

3 Likes

You know how to build this on a mac without having an aneurysm?

if you are using a Mac I reccomend

https://fastdmm2.ss13.io/

1 Like

It’s really not that hard, just install rust and go and run the commands listed in a terminal

edit: actually, i guess rust requires LLVM which probably requires XCode. Uuuh maybe I’m wrong then lol

edit 2: wait there’s mac builds available Release v2.6.1.alpha · SpaiR/StrongDMM · GitHub select apple-darwin

YOOO, I’ve been working on a Mining pod themed ship.

Spoilers, the ship is derived from the Boxstation mining pod, has solar panels and outrigging.

I’ll screen shot a WIP soon.

1 Like

I have tried building shuttles but they come out shit. Let me share my 3 concepts in case it inspires someone who can actual do this.

1. The Sleeper. Normal shuttle, but all seats replaced with beds. Concept is a Grenshift Shuttle for people to take a nap on their way back to CenCom.
    Possible additions: Can of n2o and pipes ready to pump across ship. Black and white discoball for star night light effect. Radio room for someone to read a bedtime story

2. Mr Bones Wild Ride. A shuttle that is a maze with the Shuttle Console in the middle. Concept: A shuttle that makes trying to get on board an absolute crazy shitfest without making it vicious (so no plasma leaks or hoes in space)
    Possible Additions: Some Prize at the end next to the console. Maybe something shitty like the switch for a conveyor belt system that tries to eject everyone from the maze. Reinforced walls and windows. A couple of soaps and/or showers to make people slip. idk, stuff that makes the experience worse without actually being harmful.

3. Shittle. A shuttle but built by a group of idiots arguing over the design. Concept: You want people to look at the shuttle and ask “Why? Why would you do this? it makes no sense at all”

4 Likes