Should shouting "XXX is antag" or "antag in LLL" be banned on sage?

Nothing more immersive than a random person shouting “XXX is antag” and a swarm of civilians rushing towards an armed person to shove them and steal their gun…

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Depends on how hyperbolic you mean that, imho. “XXX is antag” is shit and should be met with “what the hell is an antag”. But I see no problem with shouting something like “XXX just killed somebody” or “XXX has a bomb!” over comms. I feel like that is something somebody who witnessed that would do if given the chance. Of course only if they don’t have a gun to their face or something like that.
The civilian mob is more a fault of those players.

7 Likes

It already is.
“Antag” is an OOC term.

I meant shouting like,

“Changeling in Science maint!”
or
“Jeff Epstein is a heretic!”

Didn’t we already have some similar discussion?

Like has already been mentioned, if it’s done IC with the proper choice of words, e.g. “I just saw John Smith transform into someone else, I think I’m losing my mind” or “I just saw John Smith murdering a guy in dorms!” then it’s perfectly fine.

But saying “John Smith is ling” should be met with a swift ban imo.

a ban is abit to much and honestly there could be rp reasons a person knows what a changeling is maybe they read up about different species or something I mean it makes sense since they will work in space but who knows when it comes to cult syndie and others though I don’t think it makes to much sense to know at most knowing about syndie could be fine I can imagine syndicate would be the type to be louder about there intentions to take out nanotrasen and centcom but cults blood brothers etc I don’t believe would be known

Never mind he hung himself in main hallways

18 Likes

Lings are also mentioned in SS13 lore, as well as things like “Orion Trail” video game, where one of the possible outcomes is a “Ling Attack” – so I think crewmembers would be familiar with what a ling is.

1 Like

would they be aware of what a ling can do though from orion trail

1 Like

Yeah, I believe in the flavor text it mentions that the lings shape shift, and gives you the option to kill a crew member

obviously, don’t call them antags, call them for the role that they are.

Mime bad

;*)#+_2000lllll

I dunno. I’m in support of better controlling the kind of language we use on MRP. But I’d be kind of a hypocrite to endorse fully cracking down on OOC-type language. It’s just so easy to say “[BLANK] is a traitor/ling/shitter.”, especially considering sometimes you need to get the message out as fast as possible. If this goes through, it would be nice to get a list of sanctioned slang or quick terms to use in place of OOC lingo. We all like to imagine we can all go “Brimble Bosnia’s arm just twisted into an exotic fleshy blade, I think he may be some kind of alien.”, but Brimble’s just gonna use the time you spent writing your compelling dialogue to stab you to death.

Within the rules there’d be no issue slapping people for saying “X in antag”

“X is ling” is a bit more, complicated? There is IC knowledge of antags given and lings are relatively known. It’s extremely dry which I don’t like, but yeah.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.